Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Graphical Issues and Lag in Blender

VirtalPeguin
Novice

I have a 1065G7 and I am using the latest DCH driver version 27.20.100.9030.

I have graphical issues in Blender where there are red and green lines going across the viewport. It occurs in all modes in the viewport. I have attached a screenshot of the graphical issue. These don't appear in renders though. 

Another issue is that the program becomes very slow and the framerate of the program drops where I can feel how slow it is running. This seems to happen sometimes when beveling an object. I'm not sure if there is a clear way to reproduce it, but it happens to me occasionally where I have to restart the program and then open the project again to go back to normal.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jose_V_Intel

Hello VirtalPeguin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. 

Based on the information that you provided and in order to better understand your issue please provide the following information: 

We will be waiting for your answers.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VirtalPeguin
Novice

Hi @Jose_V_Intel ,

I have attached the SSU output.

I have installed Blender through Steam so I get the latest updates when they are released. I have installed the latest Windows updates and I have the latest version of Blender installed. I also validated the Blender files using Steam's integrity check feature. No other apps are showing similar issues to Blender. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi VirtalPeguin,

Thanks for your response.

After checking the report, I want to let you know that It is important to know that is recommended to use the original equipment manufacturer drivers since they are the ones who build your system and know the components and the structure they have, also they release firmwares, patches and drivers for every system to work correctly, the ones from Intel are the generic ones. Check with your Manufacturer the latest available driver for your system and check if the issue persists.

If you are using an external monitor, remember to check the monitor drivers and firmware updates.

Have you checked if the issue only happens with the external monitor or also on the Lenovo® IdeaPad: Yoga C940-14IIL?

I suggest you to try the oldest drivers versions to see if the same issue occurs.

Regards.

Jose V.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi VirtalPeguin,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
VirtalPeguin
Novice

Hi @Jose_V_Intel 

I am not using the OEM drivers because their drivers are very very old and have regular crashing issues with some games I play and less performance. 

The graphical issues in Blender occur on both the internal and external display. This graphical issue does not happen on the latest NVIDIA GeForce (tested on GTX 980M) drivers as I tried it on another system and there is no issue. 

There is also an issue with Blender crashing sometimes and it seems to only happen when the viewport is in Rendered mode view. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi VirtalPeguin,

Thanks for your response.

I want to let you know that we are going to check this internally, I will post back soon with more information.

Regards.

Jose V.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hello VirtalPeguin,

Thanks for your patience.

• I want to let you know that we were unable to replicate the issue reported.

• In this case, we recommend you to check directly with your Original System Manufacturer for updates and with the Software developer about the current issue.

This thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos