Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD 4400 latest driver issue-Fall Creator's Update

ASing45
Beginner

Hello everyone

I have noticed that the latest Intel HD Graphics 4400 drivers are not compatible with Windows 10 Build 1709. In games such as GTA San Andreas, COD:MW and others, the screen starts flickering violently if the VSync is OFF or FPS Limiter is off. As soon as you enable FPS Limiter or Vsync, the flickering is gone. Also, when the game bar pops up, the flickering is gone. No flickering is noticed during recording with WIndows DVR. I hope that this problem will be resolved soon with an updated driver version from Intel. I've tried re-installing WIndows 10 Fall Creator's Update from scratch but the problem still persists.

Thanks

0 Kudos
52 Replies
RRona
Beginner

Hi, I am also having this issue with HD 4400. Only in fullscreen. This update has not fixed it.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Thanks for confirming. We'll continue the investigation.

0 Kudos
GUser
Novice

Hello, I would like to ask your attention a little, please.

I own an Acer Aspire E1-572 notebook, with the Intel® Core ™ i5-4200U 4th generation Intel® Core ™ i5 processor, 6GB ram, and a 120GB SSD (I contacted Acer, and they said that in this specific model, there is no modification/customization was done in the Intel HD Graphics driver, so I can and should use the drivers available at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81497/Gr-ficos-HD -Intel-4400).

As users of this topic, I have faced problems with some games in the versions 1709 and 1803 of Windows 10, they range from flickering to extreme clamping, and crashes; and although I have not tested it yet, I believe the problems have continued with the release of the 1809 version of Windows, and the 15.40.41.5058 driver. I tested only two drivers, 15.40.37.4835 and 15.40.38.4963... In particular, I face many problems with the game SMITE (free to play developed by Hi-Rez Studios, Titan Forge Games), because it is simply impossible to play. I have already tried to disable Windows 10 Game Mode, "Full Screen Optimizations" (of Windows, in 32-bit and 64-bit client 'Properties', and 'Compatibility'), limit the FPS to 60 using RTSS (Rivatuner Statistics Server), and run the game in both 32-bit and DirectX9 as well as 64-bit and DirectX11. The only scenarios where flickering and extreme crashes did not occur, were with the 64-bit game client, DirectX 11 and its V-Sync (native of the game) enabled, and/or with the game in 'window mode'; but both greatly diminish performance, are not ideal.

And finally, I would like to make two other observations:

I do not know if many users have reported this, but I realized a significant loss of Intel HD Graphics performance from my processor (Intel® Core ™ i5-4200U) when using the 15.40.38.4963 (and maybe 15.40.41.5058) driver, and this should certainly be related to the vulnerability security updates that were implemented according to the Release Notes presented in the official link ( https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27780/eng/ReleaseNotes_15.40.38.4963.pdf); and this is a very bad thing for us... Because, while you try to fix performance issues with new drivers, you add security patches that hurt you, what is bad.

Another observation, from version 1703 of Windows 10 to the most current, several programs icons, and those that appear in the window 'User Account Control' are displayed in low resolution, something very uncomfortable visually, and I believe be a bug.

That's it folks, I hope you can pay attention to these problems by reproducing them in a testing environment, and fixing them in a future (AND SOON, PLEASE!) new driver; I think this is not a big challenge for you, and we users deserve that attention.

I await a positioning! Thank you very much!

Ronald_Intel

0 Kudos
ASing45
Beginner

Hi

Any update Intel? It's been quite long and the issue still hasn't been fixed. Please do something about it.

Ronald_Intel , please give any updates about the solution.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi, since the latest driver was just confirmed on the 1st to not resolve the issue, we're still investigating root-cause. Once we have more information to share, we'll update here.

0 Kudos
NGhim
Beginner

This problem is always there with HD 4400. I own a laptop with Intel HD 4400 2GB graphic, 4th gen i5 Procesor and 8GB RAM on it and I get max 40FPS on low specs games with all graphic items set to LOW. I tried literally everything that I found on internet to fix the issue but it was effortless.

What you think how will this low spec game would run on that system?

Game: Warface

• CPU: INTEL/AMD dual-core CPU.
  • RAM: 1.5 GB.
  • GPU: GeForce8600 GT 256 MB OR AMD Radeon X1950 [256 MB].
  • DRIVE: 6 GB of free space.
0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I just want to let you know that our development team is working on this issue, while acknowledging that progress on it has been slow ( > 1 year).

Thank you for your outstanding patience, and please look forward to our future driver updates Release Notes.

I'll also be posting news and updates on this thread as they become available.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

GUser
Novice

@Ronald_Intel​, thanks for the information! I'm sure we're all waiting for some correction.

rjoen
Beginner

I have had this issue the past 2 years too, and just been waiting for a fix, but still nothing... It is the same issue in all titles running fullscreen on my Intel HD 4400, and the only thing that kind of works is v-sync, but it creates a huge delay for the mouse which makes the games unplayable.

Hopefully there will be a fix soon!

0 Kudos
rjoen
Beginner

@Ronald_Intel​  Any update?

0 Kudos
rjoen
Beginner

I'm still waiting for a fix for this...................

0 Kudos