Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21308 Discussions

HD 520 spinning mouse cursor is lowres on Windows 10

MHess3
Beginner

I have a system with a Skylake i5-6200U CPU. 8GB of RAM and Windows 10. When I use the Intel Driver for the HD 520 graphics, the spinning mouse icons, the busy circle are rather lowres. Not that nice spinning wheel, more like an 8bit version of this.

Unfortunately i cannot make a screenshot, because the mouse cursor disappears when i try to do so.

However, when I uninstall the Intel driver, the mouse cursor looks much smoother and highres. Unfortunately Windows 10 forces the driver upon me next time i restart my computer.

Other than that everything looks fine. I am not a gamer, I only play Deponia or DoT Remastered (adventures) that's about it. So it is not a show stopper, but my 5 year old Nvidia card in my old PC got better image quality on windows desktop.

Any ideas what i could try?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Display is a full-HD iiyama 25" connected via HDMI

I took a photo, hope it helps.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, MarcoH:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

In this case, I would like to gather up some inforamtion from your system, this can easily be done with a report.

This report will allow me to advise you or recommend you to install some drivers to test how your system behaves.

How can you get that report?

-Access: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

-Download the utility

-Scan your system with the utility

-Export the report (hit next and then save) and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option (reply button and then check upper right corner)

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
MHess3
Beginner

Hi Esteban, attached the report. I just removed the IP address of the system.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information provided MarcoH.

Let me attempt to replicate this issue in order to further assist you.

I will keep you posted on my findings.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
MHess3
Beginner

Hi Esteban,

this has been resolved. I was trying another device today, a NUC6i5 which had the exact same issue. I then changed the display adapter from HDMI to mini display port -> DVI and now everything is looking good. Strange but thanks for your effort anyway.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am glad to hear that this is working fine for you MarcoH!

Just to double check is this still happening with the HDMI port?

Hope I can hear from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
MHess3
Beginner

Yes, the same issue with a Gigabyte Brix i5 with 6200U and the Intel NUC6i5. I returned the latter in the meantime. Both machines were installed with a fresh Windows 10 install and both connected to the same display. I also checked the cable. The only thing the two systems had in common is the 25" iiyama display connected via HDMI. As said, no issues using the display port and DVI in.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Seems weird MarcoH, have you tested the latest driver from our website?

Version: 15.40.25.4463

Download page: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88355 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88355

Hope you can try it out and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
MHess3
Beginner

Hi Esteban,

this turned out top be an issue with the HDMI Input of my display. Really weird, because the spinning cursors are the only affected items. When I use the HDMI output with an HDMI->DVI cable everything is OK.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I see, and just to verify the following MarcoH, is this happening with another HDMI display? (another display using HDMI)

This would be to find out if indeed is the HDMI in the display or any other source.

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
MHess3
Beginner

Sorry, got none right now.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Oh I understand, for now, we can close this up since you were able to find out that the HDMI port in the display is not working properly.

In case you have the opportunity in the future, please test it out with another HDMI display.

Finally, if you require any further support or new inquiries come to mind, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos