Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

HD 630 Resume From Standby Screen Flickering

MJone10
New Contributor I

Hi, I just updated my Kaby Lake i5-7600 HD 630 to latest graphics driver 15.46.2.1.64.4729

After resuming from sleep my screen just flashes and displays vertical lines. I can't see the desktop just the lines and flashing screen.

I have to power off the machine and reboot to get back into windows.

Seems to be an issue with the latest update as previous driver worked ok.

1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

This issue should be fixed with driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27355 15.60.01.4877 . Note: Any user with 6th Generation graphics (Skylake) on Windows 7/8.1 please use driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27360 15.45.23.4860

If you still see this issue with the aforementioned driver, then I'll suggest creating a new thread using this format (feel free to reference this thread).

Every scenario is different and we could use the new data provided to determine why it is still affecting your system.

I'm locking this thread now since we have been receiving positive feedback on this latest driver.

Thank you all for your patience and assistance in resolving this issue.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
132 Replies
MMcGr1
Beginner

I'm working with MSI to see if a BIOS patch will be available for their motherboards; Z170A PC Mate if anyone cares. I'm experiencing the same sleep wake graphical vertical lines issue. The latest driver does not fix the problem for me. Hopefully, MSI will provide a patch with the updated BIOS. I assume this is a video BIOS update within the MB BIOS.

0 Kudos
MPerr11
Beginner

It looks like this is now fixed on my Lenovo Yoga 510-14ISK with the latest BIOS (v1.11).

The BIOS changelog includes the following entry, I'm assuming the fix is as per the below:

4. Remove DisplayAudio check function follow intel new tag request for S3 resume flickering screen.

0 Kudos
SLubz
Beginner

I tried every release and beta drivers of 15.46 series and all of them giving black screen after waking up from "sleep" (hibernate works ok so problem is with s3 state).

Using Lenovo Yoga 900 with integrated 520 device. 15.45 series (latest one is 4678) works ok.

Latest bios sent in 2016 and I think Lenovo will not update bios because laptop is getting older, but, if Intel will not solve the problem with driver it must pressure laptop manufacturers to publish new bios for driver changes (seems like a far fetched request as it is easier for intel to fix driver problem then making all manufacturers to fix their bios).

And really can't understand how your debug team cannot reproduce problem. Lots of people affected and they all had same problems with same drivers versions. Is it really that hard to check differences made about sleep state between driver changes?????

0 Kudos
APMichael
New Contributor I

Not fixed in driver version 15.47.02.4815. That's embarrassing...

0 Kudos
PBixb
New Contributor I

Yep. Can confirm not fixed in 15.47 on my HD520 running the release version of Fall Creators Update (16299.15). Inexcusable.

0 Kudos
MMcGr1
Beginner

You did read the entire thread, correct? It requires both a MB BIOS change as well as the new driver. Intel has stated that this cannot be fixed in the driver alone.

0 Kudos
APMichael
New Contributor I

All previous drivers are working flawless! BIOS updates for all possibly affected models is a "pie in the sky".

trueblue wrote in a previous post that the bug occurs on an Intel NUC7i5BNK and a Microsoft Surface Laptop. Therefore, it is some kind of implausible that Intel is not able to reproduce the issue...

0 Kudos
SLubz
Beginner

Ok! Let me explain you.

So let's say you have a car from X company and that car has a radio from Y.

Radio manufacturer make a firmware update to radio behave normal and after that it doesn't work properly.

According to their proposal car company must make an update for its ECU unit in their cars to make radio go live again for all their different car models!

Yeah it seems a very practical solution.

Also shame on you Intel for not supporting your products properly. At least try to solve the matter.

0 Kudos
SDeut
Beginner

Same problem here on a plain desktop PC with HD530.

No BIOS Updates available, latest from 1/25/2017.

Happens also with one driver version before.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

flickering lines on screen after sleep state

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): 100%

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

ASRock Z170 Extreme4

Intel HD530 on skylake core i5 6500

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

only Intel HD

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

EFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

16 GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

nothing special

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Win10 x64

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in "information page" of C...

0 Kudos
帅胡
Beginner

It is now fixed on my computer with the latest msi motherboard BIOS (7A67v14). my motherboard is msi b250i gaming pro ac, cpu is i5-7500, it is sad that intel hasn't been able to reproduce it 2 months(maybe longer) after it is reported. you know, bios updates is not available for everyone, and MS push updates forcibly(fu@ck MicroSoft, many users suffer from it).

when 15.46.05.4771 is realesed i immediately update to it to have opengl4.5 support(great to see it,since you support Vulkan, do you have plan for gl4.6 support?), but this problem occurs, i realized it may be a driver issue and it disappears after rolling back to 15.45.19.4678, i waited and waited for a new driver update until 15.47.02.4815 is released, it is very disappointed it is not fixed and intel released it !

Hope you can fix it soon.

0 Kudos
RJey
Beginner

me too. after get the latest Bios File from may 2017 for my Zotac Zbox M551 (HD530). The newest driver package ala 22.xxx works now properly.

0 Kudos
RAbad1
Beginner

Same problem with Intel HD 530 on Skylake i5-6300 HQ. No BIOS updates from my manufacturer. Latest driver still fails.

0 Kudos
SLubz
Beginner

Still no response from support staff. Are there any improvements?

0 Kudos
MMcGr1
Beginner

When the ECU is responsible for patching the firmware of the radio, as is the case of a MB BIOS patching CPU microcode and video BIOS, yes that is the actual design! It's not the same a discreet video card where BIOS is patched at the manufacture level separately. It possibly could have been designed that way, but it wasn't and isn't still.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Everyone,

I don't like saying "we're working on it", and I always try to stay away from it, but in this case, I would like to reassure to you that we are actively investigating this issue.

As previously stated, updating the BIOS has fixed the issue for some, yet I understand that not all computer manufacturers release new BIOS that often. Thus we are looking at the driver code instead.

I'll continue to post in this thread as soon as I have any news.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Microsoft released a new driver from the old branch: DriverVer=10/02/2017,21.20.16.4821

Supports Windows 7, 8.1 (SKL only) and Windows 10

If sth. wants to try, download from here:

http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2017/10/8c4e6cfb-e2a1-4139-9501-6708050129e8_da2fefd2f6d1dbb9402ca12826058a93dd9777bf.cab http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2017/10/8c4e6cfb-e2a1-4139-9501-6708050129e8_da2fefd2f

Install driver via "have disk method" as described at:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface

(ignore prolog about MS surface, treat CAB like ZIP)

0 Kudos
SLubz
Beginner

Thanks for reply. At least we can have a fix in near feature. Need any specific log?

0 Kudos
SLubz
Beginner

This driver works like a charm but I suspect because its from the old branch so the bad code responsible of black screen is not there.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Driver 15.45.21.4821 is also now available from Intel, but only for SKL

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27227/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88355 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]

0 Kudos
MAnse1
Beginner

Same issue for me on an Acer V5-591G-75GP with newest BIOS (1.14, but it's from 11/2016).

22.20.16.4815 (15.47.2) does not work. Just the one provided by windows 10 update (21.20.16.4534) works after resuming from standby.

I have the Win 10 Fall Creators Update installed, but have had the issue already before.

After resuming from standby with new drivers I get the same picture as the thread starter here:

Please fix this annying isse.

Greetings

mathse

0 Kudos
KOehl
Beginner

With so many competing updates from Microsoft and Intel, it would be great for Intel to issue a fixed driver update that would solve this issue. I don't feel comfortable rolling back to earlier drivers, (plus, there is so much conflicting information about which drivers work better) because I'm afraid of unintended consequences. I can't put my computer to sleep anymore because of this problem.

0 Kudos