Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21095 Discussions

HD4000 Driver won't save settings or use profile

idata
Employee

Hi everyone,

Windows update has just updated my HD4000 graphics driver to the newest version, 9.17.10.2867. I've created a profile with specialized color settings, but each time the computer starts or the monitor resumes from sleep, the driver automatically reverts to default settings. I have to manually activate the profile each time. I've also noted that the "YCbCr" setting doesn't seem to get saved with the profile I created, since each time I manually activate the profile, the YCbCr setting always reverts to off.

I never had any of these problems with the older graphic driver. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Curt

0 Kudos
32 Replies
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nic,

I'm using an Intel motherboard for a media center, and I really find this bug very annoying. Every time the OS boots, I need to open Intel control panel and change YCbCr option manually. It is not saved across reboots. Also, another option - output rage - Full / Limited / Auto - behaves exactly the same way: it needs to be changed manually every time. This is very frustrating. Moreover, 'Profiles' seem to ignore these options as well: if I save a profile, whenever I restore it, these options are not affected.

I've recently downloaded the latest Intel driver. It seems to implement Windows 8-like interface (which is awful for drivers, because I need to make even more clicks in order to reach these settings). The settings are grouped inefficiently: sometimes selected pages only contain single checkbox (option).

I wonder how we could influence Intel's decisions and ensure the best user experience?..

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hello oigen,

I'll pass this feedback along .

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
GGero
Beginner

Intel should say that hd 4000 graphic IS NOT SUITABLE for any HTPC environment. I have the same problem and unfortunately I've been reading about this after buying my i3 3225. I've read that older processors had the same problem and intel never solved it. Every time I start my pc I have to set ycbcr and ALSO when i do a restart I have to open and set the audio output property if i want an hdmi sound. Colours are wrong, black level and contrast are poor if ycbcr is unchecked. My htpc is not usable and now I have to reinstall everything on linux.

My pc:

intel i3 3225

asrock h77m-itx

4+4 gb Ram DIMM DDR3 G.Skill PC 1600 CL9 Ripjaws

SSD 128GB Crucial Sata

windows 7 ultimate

denon AVR-2808 (it has ycbcr setting)

Regards.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello All,

Please note that Intel® has developed a new driver version. This driver contains several fixes and new features.

Advanced HDMI settings (e.g. YCbCr, xvYCC, Quantization, etc.) should persist now. Won't persist if HDMI display is changed and it won't be saved in Profile

You can download the latest driver at the following link:

For Windows* 7 64 Bit:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2864-bit%29*&DownloadType=Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2864-bit%29*&DownloadType=Drivers

For Windows* 7 32 Bit:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22840&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2832-bit%29*&DownloadType=Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22840&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2832-bit%29*&DownloadType=Drivers

Please, test this driver and report any issue with it so we can pass the feedback to the corresponding department.

Regards

0 Kudos
GGero
Beginner

Thank you Kevin.

It works but XBMC is now all messed up as reported here: https://communities.intel.com/thread/38686?start=0&tstart=0 Corruption in XBMC

I'm starting to think I had to buy an amd apu or separate a video card.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello gelly71,

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass this information to the corresponding department.

0 Kudos
Max_M_Intel
Employee

kevin_intel, hi! The new drivers released for HD4000 has solved the YCbCr problem but how about HD3000, it has the same problem with latest released driver 15.28.15.64.3062 on Windows 8.

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The problem with inconstancy YCrCb setting still exist for HD3000.

My HTPC is unusable.

Driver version: 9.17.10.3347

Windows 7

0 Kudos
SOne1
Beginner

I too have an HTPC with HD 3000. Latest drivers continue to have the problem. This is a deal breaker for HTPC. In my situation, I'm using an i5 2500k on an ASUS P8H67-M EVO. The only driver that seems to correctly remember the YCbCr is version 8.15.10.2669. This is the version listed at the ASUS website for my particular board. Maybe this version will work for others as well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, looks as if this problem happens "by design" and so there probably won't be a solution soon. This is the official answer I got back from Intel Support:

Thank you again for contacting Intel Customer Support.

We have confirmed with our higher level and this is not an issue; it is an expected behavior and it was intended to work this way. It is being taken into consideration having the option to make possible keeping the custom settings after rebooting, shutting down or waking up the system.

Probably in a future driver this situation will be solved. Unfortunately we cannot provide any estimated time or confirm if the driver will be released.

Thank you for your understanding.

I found the part about "it was intended to work this way" particularly interesting, for what possible advantage do we as customers stand to gain by having to constantly recheck the YCbCr setting every time the monitor resumes from sleep?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same problem. i3-3225, Driver Revision: 15.28.12.64.2932.

Any changes at this problem?
0 Kudos