Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Hello, I'm looking for help about my drivers sicne time without to resolve . Can I speak with someone who is not Al.Hill please? I'd like to be treated professionally. Thanks

AMazz5
Beginner

I need to resolve a problem with my drivers. In attached you can find the report from your Webiste when I try to upload.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AMazz5
Beginner

Questions closed twice without resolve

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So you are blaming Al for this? I see nothing unprofessional in his handling of this case. He was absolutely correct in sending you back to HP for help. It is *their* laptop design and they are responsible for its support, regardless of the Intel (or NVIDIA, or AMD, or ...) content within it. It is NEVER (EVER!) proper for these vendors to be directing you to the Intel Forums for help. That is the biggest unprofessional issue that I see in this whole conversation. Their support folks are trying to pad their response time and rate of closure numbers by passing the buck to Intel. Shameful. Absolutely shameful.

The error message that you are seeing is an indication that HP customized the Intel drivers. In the past, the vendors (HP included) asked that Intel not overwrite their customized drivers. As a result of the incredibly poor support that these vendors have been giving to their customers (not responding to issues, not providing updated drivers or in a timely fashion, etc.) , Intel made the decision to re-architect the drivers so that the vendor customizations can be maintained separate from the driver itself and thus users can upgrade to newer drivers from Intel without the vendors losing their customizations. This is better for end users as it gets them updates (and in a more-timely manner), but is, IMHO, only making things worse as it gives these slimy vendors even more opportunities to shaft their customers on support. Intel's explanation of this decision is documented here: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004ez8gCSAQ/updated-0429-unlocked-intel-graphics-dch-generic-drivers.

Now, in the past two days, there have been reports of people having the installation of this new driver package fail when invoked from the Intel Driver and Support Utility. To get around this issue, I suggest that you manually download the driver package, in .EXE form, from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29530/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers. Then invoke this file to install this driver. Once this is done, you should not have any issues with IDSA (touch wood). If the drivers you have from the vendor are so incredibly old that they precede the switch to DCH-architected drivers, Intel's explanation that I referenced above includes instructions on how to manually uninstall the old driver and then install the new one.

Hope this helps,

...S

[I am a volunteer. I do not work for Intel. I am not compensated by Intel. My opinions (especially regarding the horrible state of this industry) are my own.]

0 Kudos
AMazz5
Beginner

I would like to speak with someone who takes the salary from intel. It is wrong for intel to allow anyone to respond. If I have bad teeth, I don't contact the police.

It is important to take care about work. I'll explain it to you: closing quests without solving raises the percentage of the work you have done.

If you go to a bar and ask for a coffee and the barista is presumptuous, not friendly, plus the coffee is bad. you are free to point this out. Isn't?

The barista can ask all his colleagues to give another point of view to the manager to save his work, that's what's going on here.

I have the same problem since long time but your friend contiunue to close my quests. This should be enough,

But furthemore, read how the second message begins.

I write here for a driver problem and look what is going on 😄 I am not ashamed to point this out.

I need ten minutes of competence I'm not asking the moon ,

0 Kudos
AMazz5
Beginner

If this is not the correct place to write to resolve intel problem, I apologize

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did you read the description for this site before you came here? This is a Community Support Forum. Hello? It's very purpose is to resolve issues using peer assistance wherever possible. Bottom line, it is RIGHT for folks to respond; that's the whole idea.

Al does not have the ability to close your requests; only Intel personnel can do that. I would presume that they did so because they saw that a reasonable answer had been provided.

I have also provided you with another full and complete - and completely competent - answer; you will not get any better from the Intel folks. I may be retired, but I spent more than 35 years working in this industry, including 21 years with Intel.

If you want to deal specifically and only with Intel Customer Support personnel, you do not do so here. You need to contact them directly and open a ticket. Here are pages where you can lookup contact information, including local phone numbers, by geography:

You can use the online forms service or email, but I actually recommend calling them directly. The above links provide local or toll-free numbers in most countries and support most local languages. You could also use the chat service (start here: Intel Customer Support Chat), but understand that this service is offered in English only and is subject to the normal (9:00-5:00 M-F) office hours in the Pacific (UTC-8) time zone.

...S

0 Kudos
AMazz5
Beginner

Al does not have the ability to close your requests; only Intel personnel can do that. It have no sense..On what basis Intel close the quests, randomly? intel closes at certain times all the quests? on what basis it should be happen? maybe on odd days?

And why Intel should to close the quests if no one who work for them did the job? Intel make do their works by customers?

If is like this that's fine, is good, but customers don't have to close quests. They shouldn't make these decisions.

If Intel has no idea what is going on, intel shouldn't close the quests.

I thank you for you help and for your time in any case.

My first message can annoy you, but I read about many people with my same drivers problem, and there is no reason to be annoyed if you don't work for intel

It is not a question of competence, I don't want to be helped by people someone who flaunts superiority

Here some customer could spoil the intel name and Intel should to think about. we are on a website called Intel.com .

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@AMazz5​ I flagged the thread in question as a duplicate of your original thread. That is why it does not exist anymore. There is no need for duplicate threads.

Doc

0 Kudos
AMazz5
Beginner

HI,

The only duplicated on second thread was my problem not solved. I imagine you are the best one here in statistics

So you flag the question, you close the quests but you don't work for Intel. (I guess which ones you flag and which ones you don't)

You should keep the quest, at least you can avoid responding to people with such conceit as in my quest number two

What you win with closed quests? the glory? Don't help poeple if it bores you.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If there are two or more threads from the user regarding the same issue, it creates duplicate and sometimes conflicting responses, and requires more manpower to support the single issue.

You should also read the house rules regarding the forum. You are throwing around a lot of words which I consider insults. Insults on the forum are not tolerated.

If you want help with your issue, I suggest you return to your original thread. I am not sure I understand why you are afraid to discuss this with HP as I suggested, unless you have displayed the same attitude toward them.

Doc

0 Kudos
AMazz5
Beginner

Never insulted you.

I explained in quest number two why I don't have to contact Hp. Also with file in attached.

I thanks for your help but with you for me is enough.

bye

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello AMazz5,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience, upon checking what the community mention I would like to support that they are right regarding the troubleshooting performed and also the information provided about the message you see when Intel support assistant is trying to install the driver.

This happens because your computer has the drivers provided by system manufacturer-installed so this means that if you run an Intel generic driver you may lose some customization performed by the system manufacturer example hotkeys. it's worth mentioning that if your computer has hybrid graphics you should use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos