Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Hi, I am getting flickering screens when trying to connect the monitor of an old lenovo laptop running windows 8 to my current lenovo laptop running on windows 10 with an Intel(R) HD Graphics 520.

RMalh3
Beginner

I have followed the instructions on the below link (except for step 4 where I re-installed the driver from the internet) but the problem was not solved.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490SEiSAM/intelr-hd-graphics-620-screen-flickering-black-not-related-to-movement-lenovo-x1-carbon?t=1551712629699&searchQuery=

BTW, an Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 is installed on the laptop running windows 8.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RMalh3, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I would like to have more information of the system that is giving you the flickering issue, you mentioned that you have two computers but which of them is giving you the problem? Also, please provide me with the model of monitor you are using as well as the type of connection you have, ( eg: HDMI, Display Port). To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RMalh3
Beginner

Hello David,

Thank you for your follow-up. Please find below my replies to your inquiries.

1. Both screens are flickering but in an alternate manner.
  2. Not sure what is the model of my monitors. I have attached a snapshot of the system information about the Display of my lenovo running Windows 10
  3. I am using an HDMI to VGA cable. When I used an HDMI to HDMI cable, the screen went black
  4. I have attached the dxdDiag for both laptops.

Regards,

Rana

0 Kudos
RMalh3
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RMalh3, Thank you for your response. Please bear in mind that Intel* does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work. We can recommend you to update your graphics driver, that in some cases will fix the problem, please refer to the link below in order to download the latest graphics driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=86210 Follow the steps below to make sure the installation is done cleanly: 1 - Disconnect the computer from the internet.  2 - Go to device manager and check under display adapters. 3 - Right-click on the Intel ® Integrated Graphics, select the option uninstall and keep going until you only have Microsoft's basic display adapter. 4 - Unzip the file you downloaded previously. 5 - Right-click on the Microsoft's basic display adapter and select "Update driver". 6 - Select the option "Browse my computer for driver software. 7 - Select the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".  8 - Select the option "Have disk". 9 - Select the option "Browse". 10 - Access the designated location or folder where you unzipped the driver downloaded and access a folder called "Graphics".  11 - Select the setup information file (Typically named either "idglh64" or "igdlh"). 12 - Click on open and then click OK, finally click Next and the drivers will begin to install.  13 - Reboot your computer when the installation is completed. I hope this helps. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello RMalh3, Did you check my post? Let me know if you need any more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos