Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

How to download the correct driver from the intel website?

bippoles
Beginner

How to download the correct driver from the intel website? My processor is an intel i5 2nd generation, I have audio problems in my operating system (windows10), I have to download the right driver, but I feel lost on the intel website, if it's not too much trouble, could someone point me to the right driver? To be more specific, my processor has 4 cores and 3.10 GHz.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is no Intel driver for your 2nd gen processor graphics for Windows 10.  All you have is the generic Microsoft driver, which lacks features and performance. 

Tell us more about your system:  Download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

My personal opinion, wtih a 2nd gen processor, that was 11 years ago.  Time to replace your system.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
bippoles
Beginner

@AlHill I understood, but I thought it had a driver, because in my pc there are two systems, linux mint 17.0 and windows10, and in linux everything works perfectly.

I bought this pc over the internet and it said 6th generation.

I did what you asked 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Windows 10 provides an inbox driver that will support this graphics engine, but only barely. The performance of this driver is poor and its support for graphics interfaces (OpenGL, etc.) is grossly out of date.

It likely said 6 Series, which is the Chipset series that supported the 2nd gen Core processors.

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

For Windows 10, there is only the Microsoft generic driver.

0 Kudos
bippoles
Beginner

Well, thank you very much, soon I intend to buy another computer.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If you are a desktop, you might be able to add an older nvida card, like a GTX 760 (for example).  But, that only prolongs the pain.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello bippoles,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it. I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge, and they jumped in and helped. 

You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/   

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
hamidch
Beginner

Follow my below mentioned steps.

1- Go to the Intel website (https://www.intel.com).
2- In the search bar, type "i5 2nd generation audio driver" and hit Enter.
3- Look for the official Intel driver download page that corresponds to your processor model.
4- Download the audio driver compatible with Windows 10.
5- Install the downloaded driver following the on-screen instructions.

Make sure to choose the driver that matches your processor and operating system version to resolve your audio issues.

0 Kudos