Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

How to mix audio sources to dvi

JGil3
Beginner

Hello My pc is working with Windows 7 32bits intel graphics HD Graphics 4600 has dvi connector

I configured in the bios the sound through the dvi and what I play sounds through the monitor speakers. So far so good. The problem is that I use another sound card for a specific program. I take out the minijack from that card and connect it to the Intel integrated line input. If I connect speakers, I do listen to the mix but I can not find how to make that mix come out of the dvi. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello JGil3, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. Not from my end, as far as we understand DVI only transmits video. This could be helpful: https://www.cables.com/blog/does-dvi-support-audio/ The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos