Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21315 Discussions

How to reduce Intel Arc A GPU's idle power consumption on Ubuntu?

SAIHAZE
Beginner
It's said that A770 consumes 40W+ with default configuration. There's a widely referenced article to tackle it:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000092564/graphics.html

However, I still have questions about this topic.

1. Some of the steps in this article is done on Windows. What about Ubuntu, which is also an officially supported OS?
2. What will be the approximate power consumption I can expect after configuration?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AceOfSpades45682
New Contributor I

@SAIHAZE 

The steps outlined in the article primarily apply to Windows systems. For Ubuntu or any other Linux-based operating systems, power management and configuration settings may differ. I suggest checking the official documentation or community forums specific to Ubuntu for guidance on optimizing power settings for your Intel Arc A770 GPU

....The approximate power consumption after configuration can vary depending on factors such as workload, settings, and system configuration. Typically, adjusting settings related to display resolution, refresh rate, and graphics performance can help manage power consumption effectively. If you're looking for specific power consumption figures, I recommend monitoring the GPU's performance metrics or referring to benchmarks that include power consumption measurements.!

Regards,

Perkins

0 Kudos