Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

I have an unacceptable input lag while gaming on intel UHD 630

IGhun1
Beginner

I know that this IGP is so weak in comparison with NVIDIA and AMD dGPUs but I am playing on it to save power and only for old games form 2010, for example I play PAYDAY: The Heist on IGP at low resolution and low settings and I got about 80-130 FPS in it, but with very bad input lag so I tried to disable mouse accuracy enhancements and all other similar options

V-sync also was disabled in both game and intel control panel.

something I noticed is that the IGP is trying to maintain frames around specific values like 120, 100, 80 so the frames drops depending on the details that I am looking at, but with a heavy drop from 100 to 80 at once for example introducing a heavy input lag, so I think there is something bad in the driver comparability with the game.

I know that intel is working hard to make a better drivers for less tearing and without lags by smoothing games with adaptive displaying using such a technology, but we gamers do care about gameplay even more than playing with less tearing so please we want a better drivers in the future focusing on lower input lags not only revealing frames in adaptive way, I would prefer the low input lag above everything

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello IGhun1, I have sent you an e-mail. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos