Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20788 Discussions

I think I solve the problem that Intel HD graphics can't output HDMI or DVI signal

idata
Employee

My new computer

CPU i5 2500 k

MB Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3

Monitor ASUS MS246H

OS Windows 7 x64

Days before, I also have the same problem that so many guys have.

I can't get the output from 2500K via the HDMI port and DVI port after install the driver,

It's fine while using the DVI or HDMI port.But when I install the driver and reboot,there is no display after the screen "Windows Starting".I go into the safe mode uninstall the driver to using the system driver,everything just go fine after reboot.And when I using the VGA port from the MB,there is no problem after install driver.I try many kinds of drivers, the HDMI and DVI port also have no display.

Now I solve the problem using the method as below:

1.prepare a vga-vga line,and connect it from MB vga port to monitor vga port

2.connect a hdmi or dvi line from mb to monitor

3.select the monitor output mode to VGA

4.power on the PC and login the system (Now it's using the vga,so there is no problem)

5.install or reinstall the driver and DO NOT restart after the job is over.

6.press WIN+P and select the duplicate mode (the second one) and press enter to confirm.

7.right click on your desktop and select "screen resolution" ,that you will see your monitor is seperated into two parts (1|2)

8.then change your monitor output mode to HDMI or DVI,Is it working now?

9.remove the vga line,and the output form hdmi or dvi is good

10.reboot the PC and everything is OK

Hope this method is useful to you,thanks.

1 Solution
tbox1
Beginner

I SOLVED this problem.

I had the same problem long time. i have vga and hdmi output on my pc but only one was recognized. i installed several drivers,

including the special drivers mentioned in this tread to solve the 'hdmi not recognized' problem. Noting helped. So.. what helped?

Solution: 1) Completely uninstall the current Intel driver from 'device manager'

2) restart. Windows finds new device and updates it with latest intel driver! ( you could also do this manualy of course)

Problem solved: Now, for the first time Both , my vga and hdmi are recognized in the intel graphics properties! and they are bothe recognized when i plug a cable in either vga

or hdmi and i can select multiple monitors in intel grahics properties.

So always deinstall to default vga before installing driver.

cheers, Tom

View solution in original post

113 Replies
AWest8
Novice

Anybody having this "script", and can share it with us?

0 Kudos
MSchi12
Beginner

Hey guys,

Having a really strange problem and have tried everything from system restore to a point where I'm sure it worked, to uninstalling/reinstalling all gpu drivers etc. and I'm completely stumped.

Was working fine the other night, turned it off, then went to use it the next night and just wouldn't work.

After finding this thread I now see it's a problem with the intel drivers, which makes sense, but wondering if there is any fix yet?

Sp here are the details of my issue..

Firstly, It's a Lenovo Z510 laptop, with an i5-4200m, nvidia 740m and running Win7x64.

So.... Up until a few days ago, when I plugged in the HDMI cable when the projector was on, it was instantly detected.

I then could select to clone or extend, or just to display on the projector.

Now when I plug in the HDMI cable absolutely nothing happens.

Nothing shows up under extra displays, forcing a detect does nothing either.

Right, now this is where is gets a little strange. When the pc boots with the projector connected the bios & boot screens display on the projector, but as soon as it reaches the desktop the signal is lost, and it shows no external device connected.

Now, it gets even stranger..

While in windows with the projector connected, if I then install the drivers for the integrated HD4600 over the existing ones, as soon as the installation completes the projector detects and works flawlessly as before.

BUT... I can't select restart to complete the installation, because if I do, when it boots back to windows again there is no signal. So back to square one.

So the only temporary workaround i can find is to connect the PJ, the reinstall the integrated gpu drivers and don't reboot.

Or as I just read here on this topic, maybe just disabling/re-enabling the i-gpu?

As I said, it was working one night and not the next. Extremely bizarre situation.

So has this been resolved by intel yet? or has anyone else come up with a fix?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
MCull1
Beginner

Downloaded and installed the latest Intel driver, and experiencing this issue on a Toshiba l55t-a5290. Disabling and re-enable display adapter in device manger fixes the problem until the next reboot or sleep. Ubuntu 14 doesn't have this problem, only Windows (specifically, 8.1 with all available updates installed).

0 Kudos
MBird
Beginner

I've just bit the bullet and bought a separate graphics card.

After 2+ years this obviously isn't getting fixed any time soon and shows a pretty shocking level of incompetence.

Maybe Intel should leave the graphics to the experts and stick to making processors.

0 Kudos
IMilo
Novice

Hello everyone,

This weekend I dedicate only one hour to hardware solution I have found on internet. Why I say hardware, because after I don know how many updates of graphical driver, reinstalling windows, updating bios I had enough. I suspect on my monitor.

For all you people that have black screen issue, ROOT CAUSE: DVI connector on mainboard (pin 16 - HOTPLUG DETECT)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/DVI_pinout.svg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/DVI_pinout.svg

is waiting from monitor signal If > +2.4V Monitor EDID data available, ≤ +0.4V no monitor available.

http://www.zytrax.com/tech/pc/monitors.htm Tech Stuff - Monitors/Displays

After applying correction to my DVI cable, monitor immediately enable DVI, and picture appears.

http://philtechnicalblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/fixed-dvi-pin-16-hotplug-dilema.html http://philtechnicalblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/fixed-dvi-pin-16-hotplug-dilema.html

http://philtechnicalblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/edid-isnt-only-thing-that-graphics.html http://philtechnicalblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/edid-isnt-only-thing-that-graphics.html:

Additional links

http://www.microprocessor.org/DVISpec.pdf http://www.microprocessor.org/DVISpec.pdf

http://blog.shewu.me/2010/11/hacking-apple-studio-display.html Doesn't Exist: Hacking the Apple Studio Display

http://thegreatmod.blogspot.com/2011_05_01_archive.html iMacMini: May 2011

http://www.alciro.org/alciro/conectores_26/conector-DVI-interfaz-visual-digital_269_en.htm The DVI (Digital Visual Interface), Conectores, alciro - Articles, alciro.org

Best regard to you all!

0 Kudos
SPark41
Beginner

My father's new Asus Desktop also has this issue. Any ETA for a permanent fix? Kind of ridiculous...

0 Kudos
AWest8
Novice

Shouldn't the answer from sikahr have come from you Intel?

Thanks for nothing!

JKozl2
Beginner

Welcome

In my case the problem were solved on one's own.

I got installed two VIDEO cards on lenovo thinkpad W520, but in device manager I saw only ONE (depends on BIOS setup).

And I got a choice. 2 displays (second on VGA) on NVIDIA or black screen on Intel

Yesterday i got a case. In my work I tried to connect display on VGA - unsuccessfull.

During this connection I switched the laptop in sleeping mode. After that I connected HDMI in my home and turned on computer.

Finally I saw two video cards in my computer. The option "run with graphics process" is available and I can connect VGA display port.
0 Kudos
rbrow15
Beginner

I have registered PURELY to tell Intel that this is a TOTAL DISASTER AREA!!!!

This problem has been AVOIDED by Intel for the last 2 YEARS!!!!!

I hit it 3 days ago.

3 total Win7 reloads later, following ALLl of the (non-Intel) tips here, my HDMI TV STILL doesn't work anymore (like it did up to last weekend!!!!)

I worked at Intel for 16 years, and witnessed the gradual take-over of skill and commonsense and sound engineering bu B/S merchants - usually having an MBA.

The Company has SUNK since Grove/Barret went.

Thanks a lot Ottellini.

FOR NOTHING.

I have ZERO confidence tyhat ANYONE at Intel is even LOOKING at the problems widely reported here.

About time this attitude was reported to the FTC. Anyone resident in the USA care to follow up on that?

SHAMEFUL disregard for Customer Issues.

LOUSY CUSTOMER ORIENTATION.

You name it, THEY DO IT!!!!

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

We are closely monitoring and working on this thread. Please try the latest BETA driver:

/thread/67410 https://communities.intel.com/thread/67410

0 Kudos
AFirs
Beginner

For the attention of Andy Bryant, Intel Chairman; Brian M. Krzanich, Intel CEO; William M. Holt, Technology and Manufacturing 

Wrong!!!

Don't waste time (it's been 2 years already!) "monitoring the thread" !!!!!

Get out of your chairs and realise that there's a HUGE Customer Relations problem here.

There can be ZERO CONFIDENCE in Intel's Products or their support until/unless this issue gets PROPERLY fixed.

Bad news doesn't just "go away" if you kick it into the Long Grass..... It travels FAST. I've already made sure all my friends and acquaintances know of the difficulty I'm having getting this thing FIXED, and Intel's apparent intransigence!

This issue will HAUNT THE VALUE OF THE INTEL TRADEMARK, and it will be down to the Staff who FAILED to address the issue properly.

Words are cheap.

We need RESULTS!!!

(Not "off the wall great ideas" which change every day as the days, weeks, months and YEARS go by!

Now come on, folks.... Just tell us if the problem is too difficult for you: we'll tear out the Intel stuff and buy something that WORKS!!!!

Getting the message?

THIS IS SEVERELY DAMAGING YOUR BUSINESS.

Finally, Don't even THINK of just deleting this post.... If there is no proper resolution within 14 days, I will be emailing a copy of this entire thread (already and waiting to go) DIRECTLY to the above Executive Staff circulation list. Yes, I DO have their email addresses.

Think I'm MAD at Intel?

YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE IT!!!!

0 Kudos
AFirs
Beginner

I have had emails from Eric, Robert and then Kevin.

But My Trust has evaporated after re-reading this thread (read it and see for yourself!)

So here is my open letter to Intel on the subject:

Unfortunately, seeing two year's-worth of dilly-dallying from Intel on this particular issue (HDMI stops working under HD4600, and can't be restarted) I rapidly lost all confidence in Intel's ability (or inclination) to support its Products properly, once I became beset with the issue too. Of course, there is no absolute acknowledgement in the Forum that this IS an issue worthy of addressing by Intel. The Intel posters simply address each individual as an individual "problem" with the underlying tone that it's THEIR issue, not Intel's. I saw, as a senior employee over the 1990's, how Intel was becoming pre-occupied with "liability admission" rather than simply doing "the right thing". A small fortune was spent annually, on "Legal Training". It started by knowing what NOT to say about IBM's Blue Lightning, What NOT to say about AMD, how to avoid ALL references to the word "monopoly", etc.etc. etc.

I saw it all, as Intel began its slide down the Slippery Slope of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

Things have disintegrated even more DRAMATICALLY over the years since I retired.

Against that backdrop, once I became aware that the HDMI problem existed, and seeking proper analysis and a SOLUTION at the Forum, it soon became clear that Intel had consistently AVOIDED acknowledging that a multi-Customer problem existed, and pretended that all it saw was a collection of individual issues...... A bit like a TV detective in self-denial that a serial killer is on the loose, when victims - all over the place - are killed in the same way, with the same gun, on the same day of the week, for weeks, and they ALL have red hair.......

So I reviewed the TRUE status of INTEL'S problems (both Product and Customer Orientation) and decided to eliminate BOTH from my system.

I bought an NVIDIA PCI card with an HDMI port, switched off the intel HDMI graphics driver, and all my problems DISAPPEARED.

Now THAT is a solution.

A permanent one.

Unfortunately, it's NOT a good one for Intel.

ALL of my friends, contacts and acquaintances are fully aware of this "war of attrition".... many of them rely on me for informal, "first line" help with their PC, laptop and tablet problems from time-to-time, so my opinion is valued and TRUSTED. I believe they ALL have something from Intel inside their systems. They are now WORRIED about that exposure to uncertainty, as I am....

None of them are now - like me - likely to buy ANYTHING "Intel" in the future. They can't TRUST it to work/be reliable.

They see the bitemarks on me, and don't want to start their OWN collection!!!!

Do put this in your Lost Business Report (though I doubt that Intel Employees are required to fill in such a Report, monthly, these days.....)

Your Time is clearly much cheaper than mine....I have better things to do than debate semantics with you,

I solved the problem for about $25.

Permanently.

Bye.

FOREVER!

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

All,

We will contact you directly to try and obtain more information needed in order to troubleshoot the issue that you are experiencing. Since some users were able to previously resolve this issue on their own, we need additional details on exactly what issue that you are experiencing and the technical details about your system. We will work to resolve the issue that you are experiencing.

If any other people are still experiencing this issue, please contact us here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Us so that we can create a Service Request and obtain all the details needed in order to be able to troubleshoot this issue effectively.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

All,, if anyone is still seeing issues with DVI or HDMI detection we have posted a test driver to evaluate for resolving this issue. If you have resolved the issue with a cable replacement and still have the cable that caused the issue and could test this driver with the failing cable we would appreciate the feedback. The test driver can be found here:

Test Driver for HDMI Display Detection Issues

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
MNot
Beginner

As reported earlier, the test driver will NOT work with win10 on a new TP Yoga s1 (i7-5600u, 8GB), refusing to install on a 2K$ ultrabook made 3 months ago, because it "does not meet the min. req'ts"...? The Lenovo driver won't solve the HDMI issue with external monitors, nor the native win10 driver.

Net: my Intel-based ultrabook with HD5500 has only a mini HDMI, on which no beamer or monitor will show anything in "external single display mode", nor anything above 1080p... while 2560 @ 60hz and 4K at 30 Hz are supposed to work. After 3 months i still can't use any external monitor via HDMI, despite dozens of adapters and cables tried. Either signals or EDID are wrong, mainly dev driver and Intel chip issue. Pls. advise!

0 Kudos
JJoha7
Beginner

Hi Robert

First of all. I also have this ugly problem.

I can not use my PC, since i only has HDMI connection to Samsung LED Tv. However i did install teamspeak before i installed the HD Graphics driver.

This way i can log in to the PC and figure out what is wrong.

Ive installed latest BIOS, Intel Chipset driver, Intel HD Graphics driver.

My problem seems to be that the PC does not find any HDMI displays.

It does not help to disable/enable HD Graphics.

When looking into screenrezolutions, i can only see Screen 1 : VGA. Not possible to change to HDMI connection. And if using "Registre" i get the message no screens was registered.

This problems is really bad for me, since i have a PC i cannot use.

What do i do?

Ps. I cannot seem to download this beta HDMI fix driver?

Best regards Jonas

0 Kudos
PMiga
Beginner

Hello

Same problem here.

Latest drivers and BIOS @ win7. DVI cable and if I can only access computer by VNC or TViewer. At Interl center, the dropdown menu to choose some value for resolution is empty.

If I go to safe mode and change VGA driver to VGA then it works but ofcourse very slow

Best regards

Papi

0 Kudos
dmcga
Beginner

I also can't download the latest drivers from Intel located here:

I get HTTP 500 (internal server error).

0 Kudos
FAsla
Beginner

I have the same problem. On startup I can't see the BIOS screen, and screen says "out of range".

If I connect my Xbox One to the same hdmi contact, the monitor is working fine.

0 Kudos
jpant5
Beginner

Yep same problem here (see my post on https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3jfmko/hdmi_out_to_tv_problem/ reddit) although I'm running Intel HD Graphics 300 and Windows 10.

My TV (Teac LEV3994FHD) connected via HDMI worked fine with windows 7, and had no problems for the first few weeks running windows 10.

I have no idea if the problem is update related, but laptop will only recognise second monitor (TV) during boot screen, and once when

I initially downgraded resolution from 1366 x 768 to 1280 x 768. I havent tried the uninstall/reinstall driver method others here have, but I'm really hoping a

legitimate fix comes out soon. This is super frustrating.

0 Kudos