Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

Intel ARK A380 DSA not new Driver

vanci
Novice

Hello. Since I recently bought a computer configuration - with an Asrock motherboard and an Asrock A380 Arc video card, Intel DSA detected the .4644 driver, but since a few days there is a newer one, and yet Intel DSA tells me that my system is up to date. And I've turned it off to only notify me of WHQL certified updates. Why do I keep getting notified that I have the latest driver when there is a newer one? And here something interesting - why after I have connected video cards via HDMI port and cable (which is high quality, with HDMI 2.1 support from Hama), I can't set more than 30 hertz refresh rate, while my TV supports up to 60? The operating system is Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2. Device Name AsRock_PC_Bild
Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-13100 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) .

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you.

We want to inform you that we recommend opening a thread per issue to keep everything organized and troubleshoot your problem more efficiently.

Regarding your IDSA issue, you should make sure that you have enabled IDSA to recommend all graphics drivers, including both WHQL-certified and none WHQL drivers. Please note that the new driver 31.0.101.4669 isn't a WHQL Certified driver. Check this and let us know so we can further investigate this matter.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

Hello and thanks for your time. In Intel DSA I have only two ticks - automatically download updates on this device and check only for video drivers that are WHQL certified, I have no other option. I know the .4669 drivers are not WHQL certified, but I don't think there is any problem. And about my other problem?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

You mentioned that you have ticked the option "Only notify me about WHQL Certified graphics driver updates.". We recommend you untick this option and scan again to check if the Intel DSA recommends the 101.4669 driver update. If you have this option marked, the Intel DSA will not recommend/install drivers that are not WHQL certified, and this can be the reason why the tool informs you that the system is up to date, even though there is a new driver update.

If the issue remains, we would like to further investigate your issue, so we would like to request you share with us the Intel® DSA Folders. Check the article "How to Obtain the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Folders?" for further instructions. The files and logs in these Intel® DSA folders provide information on all the changes that happen during updates, scans, and initialization of the Intel® DSA.

We invite you to open a new thread for your other issue to keep everything organized and troubleshoot efficiently. Please open a new thread for your other problem.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

Excuse me for the delay. But I was not notified in any way of your reply. First I found that even if I unchecked notifying me of WHQ certified drivers, it still wouldn't give me new ones. Second, I found that the Malwarebytes Chrome and Edge extension, even with the Intel DSA site added to the exceptions, blocked Intel DSA from scanning my system, which required removing the extension and I no longer had problems scanning my system. Third, through Chrome, which I installed immediately, Intel DSA detected driver .4669. So please talk to Malwarebytes about their Intel DSA blocking issue.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

We are glad to know that the issue is now solved after removing the Malwarebytes extension. Please note that we always recommend configuring the Antivirus software to allow access to the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. You need to contact the security software vendor for instructions on how to manage this access. Maybe there is another option to give the software permission to install the driver.

However, it is always recommended to disable the software so the Intel DSA will detect the driver update properly.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

Hello. The main problem is that in the Edge browser it was not detecting a newer driver, even though I had turned off notifying me only about WHQL drivers. Therefore, I had to install another browser - Chrome. By using it I updated the driver. Regarding the Malwarebytes extended issue, I just thought I'd let you know so you can contact them and get things fixed, as this will affect a lot of people. But this was not my main problem as I knew about this problem before I got my current machine. I say again - my problem was solved through another browser, a browser that I don't want to use. As I want to emphasize that when I installed Windows, Intel DSA immediately found all my drivers, a few days later the video driver 4669 came out and Intel DSA did not find it through the Edge browser, I don't know why, I have not changed anything in my browser settings and on my machine, except I had to install Chrome to test if it would find the Intel DSA 4669, which it did.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

If the Intel® DSA can detect the driver on the Chrome browser, this would indicate that the application is working correctly. However, to discard the possibility that there is a problem when using the Edge browser, we want to request you try again, but this time, you should disable the Malwarebytes application and any browser extension so they don't interfere. The use of anti-virus or malware software may prevent Intel® DSA from properly running.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

I removed the Malwarebytes extension a long time ago. Just like any other browser extension. Intel DSA though, it took three scans to find the new video driver .4672. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

Before we continue to look into this matter, we want to know if you tested this using the Edge browser. In case you haven't installed the new driver, we would like to request you to scan the system one more time to check if the Intel DSA detects the new driver; It would be ideal if you could record a video showing your experience.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice

Through the edge browser, I updated to the latest video driver-.4672, but I had to scan the system from Intel DSA three times, which was strange for me. If there is any more problem I will make a video and upload it. Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

Thank you for the information provided.

We would like to further investigate this matter internally. We will post back as soon as we have more details about the system.

Best regards,

Jean O.

vanci
Novice
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

We appreciate your patience. We would like to inform you that after investigating this matter, the development team has confirmed that the issue is now solved. The driver is being served now. We recommend you scan the system again and let us know the outcome.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
vanci
Novice
I confirm that the problem is solved. Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello vanci,

We're glad to know that the issue is now solved. Hopefully, the thread will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

We invite you once more to open another thread to continue with assistance about the problem with the refresh rate when using your TV. Remember that we recommend opening a thread per issue to keep everything organized and troubleshoot your problem more efficiently.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos