Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20953 Discussions

Intel Arc DP not working

CosmicSapphire
Beginner

Hello,

I've encountered a problem with my Intel Arc 750.

Long story short: all 3 DP do not work (at the start they were working as intended but they suddendly stopped working after few months of use), only HDMI port is working right now.

There was also one instance where the DP started working again just for a day, I didn't do anything to trigger this event.

The DP cable is ok, I've tried to reinstall the drivers after using DDU to clean things up and even reinstalled Windows, but unfortunatley the problem is still present.

I've created a SSU report for you to take a look to see if you can spot something wrong.

Let me know if you need me to run some tests or else.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CosmicSapphire,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. Since the DisplayPort of your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics is not working, could you please respond to the following questions so that we can better understand your problem?

• Is the graphics card an Intel Branded Card or is it from another brand?
  • Did you make a software and hardware change when the issue started? If so, what changes did you make?
  • What is the monitor's make and model?
  • Are you using adapters or docking stations? If so, what is the make and model?
  • I understand that the cable is working fine. Just to discard all possible roots of the issue, test the graphics card with another cable and also with another monitor or TV.

Keep me informed of the results.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
CosmicSapphire
Beginner

Hello Andres,

here's the answers to your questions:

• Intel branded
  • No changes were made
  • The screen is from Asus, model VG248
  • I'm not using any adapters/docking stations
  • Unfortunately I only have one DP cable and I do not posses other screen with DP port

Do let me know if you want more details on something.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CosmicSapphire,

Thank you for all the information provided, it has been really helpful.

Just for clarification, what is the issue that you have with the DisplayPort? For example, no display, flickering, black screens, etc.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
CosmicSapphire
Beginner

Hello Andres,

when I try to use the DP the screen is all black and the monitor itself tells me "no signal".

I already tried to switch port on the gpu and check if the DP cable was connected correctly on both gpu and monitor.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CosmicSapphire,

Thank you for the clarification.

Now, I will start with an investigation to provide you with the next steps as soon as possible. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CosmicSapphire,

Thank you for your time.

I have been working on the investigation and now I have the following recommendations:

• Based on the Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start Guide your motherboard is not listed. Is it possible to test the graphics card and display in a system that meets the requirements?
  • I understand that you previously mentioned that you only have one DP cable and you do not have another screen with DP port. If the previous step is not possible, can you test with a different DP display or TV? If so, what happens? This will help us to try to find the root of the issue.

Please keep me informed of the results. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
CosmicSapphire
Beginner

Hello Andres,

unfortunately I do not own another system where I can try the gpu and, as stated before, I do not own any other display that has a DP (the current display I'm using has only one DP).

I fear we might be at an impasse with the current state of things, I wonder how the gpu kept working for months without problems, guess we'll never know for sure.

If there are no more things that we can try I believe you can close this topic.

Even if the result isn't what I hoped for, thank you very much for your support!

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CosmicSapphire,

Thank you for your answer and for clarifying.

Before closing this thread, I will continue with the investigation to proceed with the next steps if possible, as soon I have more details I will let you know. 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CosmicSapphire,

Thank you for your time.

I have been working on the investigation and as per all the troubleshooting steps we have completed, I recommend you to contact Internal Support to proceed with the warranty.

For now, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos