Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20896 Discussions

Intel Arc a750 won't post on MSI z370 mobo

Boris_the_Spider
  • Intel i7 8700K
  • MSI Gaming M5 z370 updated to latest BIOS (Nov 2021) which supports resizeable bar
  • Intel Arc a750 LE

Hello,

The problem I'm having is that I cannot get my computer to post once I put in the Arc a750 card. I have checked and rechecked the connections, settings in the motherboard, and tested it against my GTX 1070ti (which works fine; I'm using it right now to write this). When I boot into the a750, I get an error code of "d6" on my MSI motherboard (graphics output error) and can't get to the BIOS to adjust anything. My monitor senses a signal, which is a black screen with a single "bold underscore" line in white near the middle. No peripherals power up (no keyboard LEDs or mouse, etc). My only option is to power down.

When researching if this card would work, I found examples and tests using this motherboard. I'd like to keep this card and be a good word for Intel graphics, but I need it to work first! What options are there to try?

Thanks,

-R

0 Kudos
11 Replies
gamerdad90
Employee

Same issue here. Using a G4560 CPU with ASUS H110M MB and could not post with my new A750. when swap back with 1050Ti it can post. Did all the graphic driver uninstall stuff but still could not work. I read that ARC can only work with 10gen CPU above only but hope i read it wrong.

Boris_the_Spider
I had read that too, but in early reviews. Since then, I had read it was the resizeable bar option that was really the requirement, along with examples of others getting it to run on older boxes. The advertisements and information from where I bought it said nothing about it needing to be a 10th gen or newer. I just hope someone looks into this! I don't want to return this card - it's a perfect hold over upgrade until I build a new machine.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Boris_the_Spider,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are experiencing issues with your Arc A750.

Regarding the no-post problem, please try the following:

• Reseat the card into the main PCIe slot.
  • Try using basic PC hardware components such as 1 stick of RAM and storage.
  • Clear the CMOS battery.
  • Enable resizable BAR in the BIOS.

Also, about the processor support, it is important to mention that we recommend using 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors or newer systems; however, additional platforms/motherboards may also support Intel® Arc™ A-Series graphics.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Boris_the_Spider
Hi Jean,
Thank you for your reply.
As I've seen these comments before with others and on the troubleshooting Intel website, what actions should a customer take after attempting these fixes without success? What are the level 2 fixes that could be applied?
Additionally, I've looked back through all content on the Intel Arc website, including the performance index pages, support pages, and specification pages, and I was unable to find any mention of this card having any CPU requirements, let alone 10th gen and newer. Could you please send me the link to this information? It may be necessary if trying to return this card.
Thank you!
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Boris_the_Spider,

Thank you for waiting for a response.

Regarding your question, the system requirements for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics, are listed in the article "Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop Quick Start Guide"

Contact us directly through live support to initiate the RMA process (you cannot do this through the forums). Here are pages where you can look up contact information, including local/country phone numbers, by geography:

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA 

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC 

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR  

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Boris_the_Spider
Hi Jean,
Thank you very much for the link. I'm sad though! This is unfortunate as I was truly hoping to try this card out without needing to build a new machine. I would offer that information this necessary to know be more prominent in Intel's page as well as required information at dealer sites. It doesn't seem to be a "recommendation" but a requirement. I was able to listen to Tom Petersen on a podcast special, research it at a reputable vendor, read reviews, and only see it as a personal comment in a thread in my search engine. Nothing was officially stated throughout my buying cycle.
But I thank you for getting me the info and the options to RMA. Is it better to return to the vendor I purchased it from our directly back to Intel?
Thanks again!
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Boris_the_Spider,

We appreciate your response.

We understand that the system requirement information was not present throughout your buying cycle. Thanks for the feedback and we will try to improve this aspect in the future.

Also, regarding your questions. We would recommend you process the RMA through your Place of Purchase, as this will expedite the process. However, remember that they have warranty limitations, and in case your unit is out of their limitations, we recommend processing the RMA with us.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Boris_the_Spider,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
LuciusTatus
Beginner
I had the same problem on an MSI Z370 Pro with an i5 9600k. I found a workaround by switching theintegrated graphics to be the primary Graphics card. Since then the system boots without problems. The only disadvantage is that you can‘t enter the BIOS again without unplugging the ARC.

Alternatively you could add a second dedicated hraphics card, this way the system will also boot.
0 Kudos
Blzngblu
Beginner
Hi, I have the same problem
Mai z370 m5 gaming
Intel i7 8700k
Intel arc a770.
What I did was use my old gpu (AMD Vega 56) in the 8x pci slot. The arc is in the primary 16x slot. It loads and starts up recognizing the AMD as a display output. Once logged in I disabled the AMD card in the Device Manager. MY COMPUTER RUNS with both cards in but really only uses the ARC card for graphics. I’m sure u can try this with old card and an ARC card.
0 Kudos
Blzngblu
Beginner
One more thing, u do not have to have the 2ndary card connected to a monitor. Only the ARC card.
0 Kudos