Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20950 Discussions

Intel Arc a770 Very Low Power Usage

Maari
Beginner

I have bought Intel Arc a770 Graphics card. The clock speed is always 600mhz and it doesn't use more than 50w power. 

The clock speed fluctuates like anything. How do I make it run at max speed without fluctuation?

Note: I have tried increasing the Power in Arc control. It doesn't increase. The  power usage is always below 50w.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Maari,

We greatly appreciate your posts in our Intel communities.

We understand that you are having issues with your Intel Arc A770, as it has very low power usage.

In order for me to isolate the issue and provide the best solution, kindly provide the following information:

• When did the issue start?
  • Was the system GPU working fine before?
  • Have you made any changes to the system that led to the issue?
  • Please provide your PSU model.
  • Please provide us with your SSU, as it would really help us if we could get more information about your system.

Kindly do the following:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

2. Open the application, tick Everything, and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the text file here.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Maari,

We are checking in with you on the issue of low power usage that we have in case you have any additional queries or require further explanation. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Maari
Beginner

Hi Carmona,

Thanks for checking this. 

The issue was always there. When I play games like PUBG, the clock speed fluctuates from 600mhz to 1400mhz but it's not stable. 

I have seen others using this Graphics card, their GPU is running at clock speed of max always. Even though the game doesn't use that much. 

Is there any way we can configure the GPU to run at max clock speed always?

Just to mention, I was using nvidia 3080 earlier and there is a registry key called "DisableDynamicPState". If I set this to true, the GPU will always run at max speed. 

I have attached the report generated by ssu.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Maari,

Thank you so much for the response and for providing some of the information we requested.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps outlined below to address the concern that we have.

By the way, just a warning that applying an overvoltage can damage your GPU and lead to a reduction in the lifespan of your GPU or a reduction in overall system stability.

How Can I Overclock My Intel® ArcTM GPU Using Intel® ArcTM Control?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000092590/graphics.html

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Maari,

We are checking in with you on the Arc A770 issue we are having in case you have any additional queries or require further explanation. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello  Maari,

We are checking in with you on the Arc A770 issue that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Maari,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos