Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel DSA disable graphic card detection

Crishna
Beginner

Hi guys,  i am having an issue here, i used to have the onboard intel graphic card enabled, and then i bought an external graphic card and disabled the onboard intel graphic card. but the intel DSA still want to install the graphics drivers update and fail all the time. is there a way to remove that detection ?

i did uninstalled the intel dsa, and the improvment program, then deleted the program data intel dsa folder... and reinstalled the dsa software and the grapgic card driver detection is still happeneing. this is anoying !

best regards, Frank

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Go into Task manager and stop (end task) DSAService, DSAUpdateService and Intel Driver & Support Assistant Tray. Then, in file manager, browse to C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA and create a ZIP file containing all of the files in the Logs folder.

Include this ZIP file in a response message (drag it to the spot below the edit window where it says Drag and Drop here or browse files to attach). I will forward it to the development team for IDSA and they can ascertain from it why it keeps pushing the update.

...S

View solution in original post

9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You went into BIOS Setup and disabled the internal graphics engine (or put it back to Auto so it would disable itself)? Have you uninstalled the Intel HD Graphics driver package from the system? You should do so, reboot and then check what IDSA does.

...S

0 Kudos
Crishna
Beginner

yes, i did that, disabled bios card, forced the peg interface, removed intel graphic drivers from windows.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Go into Task manager and stop (end task) DSAService, DSAUpdateService and Intel Driver & Support Assistant Tray. Then, in file manager, browse to C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA and create a ZIP file containing all of the files in the Logs folder.

Include this ZIP file in a response message (drag it to the spot below the edit window where it says Drag and Drop here or browse files to attach). I will forward it to the development team for IDSA and they can ascertain from it why it keeps pushing the update.

...S

Crishna
Beginner

interesting, as now i can read a little bit... here is a snippet of Devices.xml i think that the device id is still in the registry of windows, i might now just search for its device id in windows registry and remove it. i will do this and keep you posted.

<Name>Intel® UHD Graphics 630</Name><Description>Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630</Description><Manufacturer>Intel Corporation</Manufacturer><Type>0</Type><IsPresent>False</IsPresent><HardwareIds><HardwareId>PCI\VEN_8086&amp;DEV_3E98&amp;SUBSYS_86941043&amp;REV_02</HardwareId><HardwareId>PCI\VEN_8086&amp;DEV_3E98&amp;SUBSYS_86941043</HardwareId><HardwareId>PCI\VEN_8086&amp;DEV_3E98&amp;CC_030000</HardwareId><HardwareId>PCI\VEN_8086&amp;DEV_3E98&amp;CC_0300</HardwareId></HardwareIds><CompatibleIds><CompatibleId>PCI\VEN_8086&amp;DEV_3E98&amp;REV_02</CompatibleId><CompatibleId>PCI\VEN_8086&amp;DEV_3E98</CompatibleId><CompatibleId>PCI\VEN_8086&amp;CC_030000</CompatibleId><CompatibleId>PCI\VEN_8086&amp;CC_0300</CompatibleId><CompatibleId>PCI\VEN_8086</CompatibleId><CompatibleId>PCI\CC_030000</CompatibleId><CompatibleId>PCI\CC_0300</CompatibleId></CompatibleIds><Drivers><Driver><IsOemCustomized>Unknown</IsOemCustomized><InfFile>C:\WINDOWS\INF\display.inf</InfFile><Description>Microsoft Basic Display Adapter</Description><ReleaseDate>06/21/2006</ReleaseDate><Version>10.0.19041.1</Version><Manufacturer>Microsoft</Manufacturer><IsInstalled>False</IsInstalled></Driver><Driver><IsOemCustomized>False</IsOemCustomized><InfFile>C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem105.inf</InfFile><Description>Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630</Description><ReleaseDate>06/05/2020</ReleaseDate><Version>27.20.100.7990</Version><Manufacturer>Intel Corporation</Manufacturer>

0 Kudos
Crishna
Beginner

i found one entry under 

Crishna_0-1601339073871.png

which is 

Crishna_1-1601339094070.png

but in my device manager, i do not see it

Crishna_2-1601339134498.png

so i need to find a way, a clean way, to delete that video card from my PCI device registry without impacting anything else. i will try to remove just this parts from the registry and reboot.

0 Kudos
Crishna
Beginner

thank you! by deleting this entry and rebooting, i went into BIOS as well, to doublecheck. i changed AUTO to PCIE, then DSA was fine. case resolved. thank you

0 Kudos
Crishna
Beginner

your pointing to the log files showed me what i could find to fix it. thank you!

0 Kudos
almazeyd
Beginner

Oh My God, Finally, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Crishna

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are glad to know that the information provided by the community was helpful and you found a solution. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored since it has been marked as "Solved".

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos