Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21076 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe on CS2

9BUD
Novice

I'm having trouble running CS2 and other games(Alan Wake, Slime Rancher) on intel iris xe graphics. The fps in CS2 is stabily holding ~40 with often freezes or drops to 5-20. My processor is i5-1135G7 and I have all of the drivers installed.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 9BUD,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I can imagine how frustrating that would be. 

I will happily assist you on this matter, and to continue I would like to confirm the following:

1. Was the game working fine before? If so, when did the issue start?

2. Did you experience any crashes or errors?

3. Did you make any hardware or software issues before the issue?

4. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
9BUD
Novice

Hello, DeividA,
1. I have not launched the game before, it has always been working like this since I downloaded it back in september.
2. I do believe the game crashed at least once when I tried playing it
3. Can't say I met any hardware or software issues before

4. I have attached the file below

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 9BUD, 

Thanks for your response and I apologize for the misunderstanding, on question number 3 I meant "Did you make any hardware or software changes before the issue?", if you did, try to revert them and test the game one more time.

Also, you can try the following recommendations to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Enable high-performance mode.

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
  • Type powercfg.cpl, and then press Enter.
  • In the Power Options window, under Select a power plan, choose High Performance.
  • If you do not see the High-Performance option, click the down arrow next to Show additional plans.
  • If available, change the System standby and System hibernate settings to Never.
  • Click Save Changes or click OK.

2. If possible, disable the antivirus and firewall temporarily. This could cause issues with some games.

3. Disable unnecessary background services. These unnecessary services can consume resources and make the game slow or even crash.

4. Check for any pending updates for the game on Steam.

5. Check for any pending updates for the operating system, even the optional ones.

6. Check with Asus for steps to update the BIOS.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
9BUD
Novice

The BIOS update did the trick for me, it's still 45-60 fps, but no freezes or crashes now at least.
All the other steps I either already did the trick, or didn't work
Thanks, Deivid

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 9BUD, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I am glad to know that you are not getting any crashes or freezes after the BIOS update. I would like to know if you agreed to close this thread or if you have any other questions or need additional support.

I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 9BUD, 

I am getting back to you because I want to know if you have experienced any crashes recently or if the issue was completely solved.

Let me know if you want to close this thread.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello 9BUD, 

I was checking your thread and noticed that I have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos