Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Intel Irys Xe driver crashing on NUC11 Phantom

Wuch
Beginner

Hi,

Bug report in attachement. 

Problem is probably connected with Irys Xe Graphics driver package.

Some games (I experienced this in Battlefield 5 and CoD: Warzone) are crashing just after start. Black screen is all I get. Mostly error 887a0005. I attached crush dumps below.

Im fighting with this for some time. I have newest drivers from Intel and from Nvidia. Just after fresh driver install using DDU games work fine for approx. 2 days, and then crash again. Once they start crashing, they will crash every try. I tried to install/uninstall games, scan&fix windows, install/uninstall drivers in many configurations and today a found that simple reinstall of Intel Irys drivers fix this issue, but only for some time… I have no idea why it is crashing again and again.

Thank you for any help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Wuch, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new Intel® NUC?

When did you purchase it?

Were those games working fine before on this same machine?

If so, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wuch
Beginner

>Is this a new Intel® NUC?

Yes it is

>When did you purchase it?

10 days ago, new

>Were those games working fine before on this same machine?

I had problems with those games from the very beginning. 

>If so, when did the issue start?

Once they would start, then they would crash. Then I was looking for fix, reinstall drivers, then they would work again for 2 days, then crash again. Yesterday I did clean install of Intel Irys drivers, now Battlefield V is working fine. But not sure how long.

>Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Nope. Clean install with Windows and my software. This is 10days old computer and fresh drivers.

>Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

In home, but it doesnt matter it is my private computer and issues are not network related.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Wuch
Beginner

So, this is the day when Battlefield 5 stopped working. Crash like before. 

Unknown exception - code 887a0005 (first/second chance not available)

System log has information about "The nvlddmkm display driver has stopped responding but has recovered."

0 Kudos
rambomhtri
New Contributor II

Check if newer drivers 30.0.101.1340 solve it.

0 Kudos
Wuch
Beginner

I performed clean install if new drivers. For now it is working. Will give you feedback in couple days

0 Kudos
Wuch
Beginner

Latest update of NVIDIA drivers seems to broke nvlddmkm again. I performed clean install of Intel graphic drivers again. And again, for now, the problem is gone. Probably to the next update. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Wuch, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

"Latest update of NVIDIA drivers seems to broke nvlddmkm again", We are sorry to hear that. In this case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with Nvidia support in order to report this scenario, to confirm if they have a driver version recommended for you to install and for additional suggestions on this matter:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Wuch
Beginner

Not only the latest Nvidia update, but also Windows has rolled me back to some driver from 10.2021 if I can recall, so everything stopped working one more time. I used Device manager and function to "roll back to previous dricver". For now, it is indeed 30.0.101.1340 for Irys. And for now, it is working again.

Im not sure, if it is not just Windows fault, that it is rolling me back... also not sure why it is doing this

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Wuch, Thank you very much for providing that information.

"also Windows has rolled me back to some driver from 10.2021 if I can recall, so everything stopped working one more time. In those cases, what we recommend is to get in contact directly with Microsoft support in order to gather the instructions on how to stop the automatic Windows* updates. There are reports from users stating that after the Windows* update a driver gets installed automatically creating different problems on their system, so the option of disabling that feature will be the next thing to do:

https://support.microsoft.com/

I looked on Nvidia's website and the latest driver they have available for your NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is 511.79:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/187098/en-us

"Not only the latest Nvidia update", same scenario, most likely the Windows* automatic update also changes the Nvidia driver to a different version. So it will be helpful to get in contact with Nvidia support directly, to confirm those details, make sure their latest driver is currently installed, to check if they have an automatic driver update option as well, and if that is the case, how to disable it. Also, to verify if they have further suggestions from their side on what to do about the Windows* automatic updates changing their driver version:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos