Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 630 and DisplayPort

bigstone
Beginner

If I use the Intel UHD Graphics 630 included in the Core i5 10400 and connect it to a monitor through the DisplayPort on the motherboard graphics port, will it output as a DP1.4 signal if the DisplayPort supports DP1.4?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello bigstone,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  I understand you are having issues with your (PRODUCT).  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your motherboard?

2. What is the brand and model name of your monitor?

3. How do you know that your cable is version 1.4?

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, the processor is only capable of supporting DisplayPort 1.2 signaling.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
bigstone
Beginner

Are there any processor graphics that support DP1.4?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You'll have to be more specific about what you are interested in. Desktop, Mobile or Embedded? Intel Core generation?

Perhaps you should also explain what you are after. If this a concern with using a particular monitor? If this a concern with having support for better than, say, 4K resolution? Is this a concern with having 4K support at a particular frequency?

...S

0 Kudos
bigstone
Beginner

let me try to explain details as below;
As part of my work, I conduct lighting verification of OLED development products.

Connected route;
PC output "DP1.4 Native signal" -> DP cable -> OLED power board -> eDP cable -> OLED

At this time, the output signal from PC must be a "DP1.4 Native signal".
The PC that I currently own and have this environment is a mini-tower type, and I have added an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti class video board and have confirmed that the OLED lights up properly by outputting from the DP1.4 port of the video board. However, this PC size is large, so I am considering adding an inspection environment with a smaller PC.
So I thought of building a PC with ASRock DeskMini H470, which is sold as a barebone kit. The specification of this motherboard included in this kit supports DisplayPort1.4. However, due to the small size of this PC, it is not possible to add a video board, and the graphics function of the CPU will be used.

Support CPUs of ASRock DeskMini H470;
https://www.asrock.com/Nettop/Intel/DeskMini%20H470%20Series/index.asp#CPU

Therefore, I wanted to find a model whose CPU's graphics function supports DisplayPort1.4 signals. The "Intel UHD Graphics 630" in the Core i5 10400 that I first consulted is DisplayPort1.2.
I'd like to know if DisplayPort1.4 is available for the graphics functions of later CPUs.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In the 10th gen (using your example), there are some Mobile and Embedded processors that supported DisplayPort 1.4, but the Desktop processors only supported DisplayPort 1.2. Widespread support for DisplayPort 1.4 did not arrive until the 11th gen. The 11th gen Desktop processors and 11th gen Mobile and Embedded processors all support DisplayPort 1.4a.

Hope this answers it,

...S

bigstone
Beginner

Thank you very much!

I'll look into assembling it with an 11th gen CPUs.

0 Kudos