Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Intel uhd graphics 620 2560x1440 75hz

sprigan
Beginner

Hello.
I have a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro 15.6 JYU4034CN laptop.
I want to buy an external monitor for work. But I can't find information about compatibility with my video card.

The integrated graphics I have is Intel UHD Graphics 620.
HDMI 1.4b I can also use a DisplayPort monitor through a type-c port with an adapter. I am considering buying a monitor with a resolution of 2560×1440 AND 75hz.

The question is: Can I connect such a monitor via HDMI or at least a type-c port adapter to get a resolution of 2560×1440 and necessarily 75hz?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sprigan
Beginner

Thanks for the answer.
I understand correctly that in any case you have to connect via a displayport type-c adapter and HDMI1.4 will not transmit 75hz?

0 Kudos
Alx24
New Contributor II

Official answer of Intel Corp.:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-UHD-750-doesn-t-display-2k-75Hz-on-external-monitor/m-p/1329167#M102786

Mobile - Tiger Lake

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/631121

File: "A1.jpg" is table "Display Resolutions and Link Bandwidth for Multi-Stream Transport Сalculations"

which is stored in this form from the second generation Core with the addition of new lines for new processors and almost everywhere

one frequency 60Hz. This reflects the fact that the 60Hz frequency of the LCD screen is determined by its technology and is the same

regardless of the resolution.

In CRT monitors, the raster points were illuminated when they were hit by a point electron beam of the drawing

raster and immediately began to fade when the transition of the electronic beams to the following

pixels - the points of the raster and the observed picture on the screen depended on the afterglow of the phosphor and frequency.

Given the peculiarities of human vision, the basic frequency VESA considered 60Hz, at which people

with low inertia vision was noticeable flickering screen a ergonomic 73Hz, 75Hz and

towards the end of the CRT era, even 85Hz frequencies figured.

In LCD pixels are translated into some state and remain in it until the next state change,

therefore, much lower frequencies like 23Hz are acceptable for them.

This table shows the interface speeds and shows that 2560x1440 75Hz

Pixel Clock: 301.85MHz * 24bpp ~ 7.2Gb/s but the next 2560x1600 is already higher - 8.06Gb/s

In general, 8Gb/s had a very large margin and then very quickly increased frequencies to 18Gb/s, 48Gb/s - with the addition of only one line.

In this table, life with a frequency of more than 60hz does not become directly impossible, there are pros and cons in this there is a
simplification and unification. Throughout the documentation core graphics 60Hz, it would be difficult for each resolution to set a limit
frequency.

In the very appreciated and beloved "CTA-861-G" in accordance with the features of the LCD there is Low, 50Hz, 60Hz, then 100Hz, 120Hz, 200Hz, 240Hz.

It has the date "November 28, 2017" and the common format 2560x1440 managed to appear frequency of 75Hz within HDMI 1.4.

Meanwhile, Microsoft Corp. is releasing the Surface with 120Hz screens.

For USB-C - DP adapters is as standard marketing value 4K @ 60 Hz. Value 75Hz may require some effort for
clarification of technical characteristics.

There are USB-C Docking Stations.

It is worth noting that on a global scale, LCD's store a gigantic amount of energy, which
would consume very uneconomical CRT monitors.

Alx24.

0 Kudos
Alx24
New Contributor II

Because NVIDIA GeForce MX150 video adapter there may be other answers for notebook.

Alx24.

0 Kudos
Alx24
New Contributor II

I would also note that according to the above I said in such a high-quality display as Apple Pro Display XDR

https://www.apple.com/pro-display-xdr/specs/

Refresh Rates

47.95Hz
48.00Hz
50.00Hz
59.94Hz
60.00Hz

Alx24.

0 Kudos