Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Iris Xe connecting to Samsung LCD LED TV over HDMI -> no HDR

Mage0
Novice

Hello,     

I have a 2017 Samsung LCD TV here (UN50MU6300).  It has a menu option for enabling HDR ("UHD color") on specific HDMI ports.  When using this HDR option, I get a strange result connecting my Dell 7306 2n1 to the television.  The TV doesn't detect any signal.  Meanwhile, the laptop's internal monitor goes blank (like I want it to when connecting to an external display), but the laptop seems to flash a brief image of the desktop every 2-3 seconds like it's trying to reconnect or right itself somehow.

Everything works fine at 60Hz sending a 2160p signal to the TV if I stick with SDR in the TV's settings.  Any ideas?

I have tried several combinations of Dell/Intel driver packages for the video chip as well as firmware updates, etc.  No dice so far.                  Thanks - BGU

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Mage0

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Does this happen with HDR only? Is it right after you enable the HDR option?
  • Does this happen if you enable HDR from Windows?
  • Did it work properly before?
  • Can you list some of the drivers tested?
  • Intel® Graphics Command Center report 
    • Open the application 
    • "Support" > "System Diagnostic" > "Generate Report 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
Michael2023
Beginner

I have this exact problem. When Enabling HDR on my Samsung MU7000 (via TV Menu) my HP 15s-FQ2000 with IrisXe screen goes black and keeps trying to enable the external Samsung TV. Laptop display keeps flashing on and off. However if I disable HDR on the TV it works fine. outputting a 4k signal to the TV. If I enable HDR via the TV menu the TV screen goes black and the Laptop screen keeps switching on an off as if it's trying to enable the TV but failing misarably.

0 Kudos