Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Iris xe second monitor issue

MikeB52
Beginner

I have a new Dell Inspiron Laptop with Intel Iris XE graphics.  I'm plugged into a Dell Univeral Dock D6000 and I have a monitor plugged into it, an ASUS VW246H.  For some reason the second monitor is not being displayed in the Windows display settings.  When I open Device manager and uninstall the IRIS XE display adapter, the second monitor pops up no problem.  There is also the Dell Universal Dock D6000 display adapter which I'm thinking they are not playing well together for some reason because I have a second Dell Vostro laptop with an Nvidia graphics and when I plug it into the same adapter there are no issues.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello MikeB52,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your system, we will do our best to help you.

In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Have you tried using a straight connection without the docking? Does the issue persist?
  2. What type of connection are you using to connect the display and docking?
  3. Have you tried using the drivers provided by Dell?
  4. Resolution and refresh rate used. 
  5. Graphics report, open the Intel® Graphics Command Center (IGCC), in order to get please open IGCC, go to the support tab, select system diagnostic, click "generate report", save the file and attach it to your response. 

Also, please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MikeB52,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello MikeB52,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
tp123
Beginner

Hello,

I am considering getting a second monitor, which i would power with my dell inspiron 7506, consisting of the integrated intel iris xe graphics and am wondering if it would function. Will there be any problems with dual monitors if using this? If there are problems I would disregard the idea of a second monitor. I am asking this, since i cant find dedicated answers related to the functionality of dual monitors with intel iris xe. Anything i need to know?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Your graphic engine has support for the simultaneous use of up to three monitors. Your built-in display counts as one, so two external monitors could be connected. You can connect an external monitor (up to 4K@30Hz) via the HDMI port provided. Using an appropriate adapter, you can also connect a 4K@60Hz DisplayPort or HDMI monitor to the USB-C Thunderbolt port.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos