Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Issues in Intel Graphics Driver 15.46.05.4771

SJain27
Novice

Hello,

I have a laptop. I updated to Intel Graphics Driver 15.46.05.4771 yesterday. After the updated, I noticed that after opening the laptop after putting it on sleep, the screen would flicker with black and grey and nothing would be displayed. Nothing works and the screen is stuck in this loop. Eventually, I had to shut down the laptop using laptop power button. Reinstalled the drivers, didn't work. This has never happened before. I rolled back to previous installed version ie 15.45.19.4678. and the issue disappeared.

So probably there are some issues in these drivers. Please fix it.

My laptop specs

Intel i7 6th gen 6500U @ 2.5ghz

8GB ram , 2GB Nvidia 940m

Resolution 1920x1080

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 Bit (Latest updates)

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Furrytaco,

I understand you installed latest graphics driver we have on our website and since then screen flickers after waking up from sleep mode.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

Since your computer comes with two video cards then there is a special graphics driver that needs to be installed. This graphics driver is provided by the laptop manufacturer only. The computer manufacturer customizes our graphics drivers in order to make both video cards work fine with each other. We cannot guarantee our generic graphics drivers will be able to work fine on every OEM system.

What I can recommend is to keep using the graphics driver 15.45.19.4678 since it is the one that works fine in your computer.

This link will provide more information about switchable graphics https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005669.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005669.html

Let me know if you have or not any other inquiry.

Regards,

Fred D.
SJain27
Novice

Well since I have nvidia graphics so this isn't big deal for me. I have habit of keeping everything updated that's why I do so. HP stopped providing updates way back for the intel driver that's why I download driver from intel website and they worked fine well except for this version. But people who don't have dedicated graphics may get fed up with this. I just wanted to let you know about this issue. Other than, that everything else works fine in that update.

idata
Employee

Hello Furrytaco,

Thanks for the feedback you are providing to us. I am glad to hear the computer is working fine with graphics driver 15.45.19.4678.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
LHout
Beginner

actually, this is my case, i only have integrated graphics and i suffer this issue, even with 4678 version driver... i found a little workaround for this issue, when wake up the laptop, wait until the screen goes off and then press any key, the screen goes back...

i hope this issue will be resolve in a future release of driver updates

My specs:

Intel Core i5 6200U

Windows 10 Home Edition

12 GB ram DDR3L

Intel HD Graphics 520

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello all,

We are currently investigating this issue under internal bug ID 1406457227. All updates will be posted in the following thread /message/501191 https://communities.intel.com/message/501191

I recommend using the "Follow" option that is on the upper right corner of the thread so you can receive updates about this issue.

Some customers have reported they were able to fix the issue with a BIOS update. I recommend making sure your computer is using latest BIOS.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
ELoad
Beginner

I am having the exact same issue, except I can not get into a visible screen that will allow me to roll back the driver to the previous version. My Windows 10 system is set to fast boot and even when I power down by holding the power button, it still boots to a gray backlit screen. Any suggestions on how I can roll back the driver?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello eloader2,

Thank you for joining the thread.

In order to assist you better with the specific problem you are having in your computer I recommend creating a new thread. Please make sure you add all of the details of your computer so we can get more information about the problem.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
ELoad
Beginner

I was actually able to get my system to properly hard reboot and boot on my 2nd graphics card allowing me to roll back my driver to the previous version. So I am all set

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Everyone,

I would like to confirm that Intel is investigating this issue.

Please refer to this thread:

This is where we will be posting all news and updates concerning this situation.

I'll proceed to lock this thread in order to keep all reports under the same thread for increased visibility.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos