Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Laptop nutzt nicht den vollen RGB Bereich, blasse Schwarzwerte.

TSchä1
Beginner

Der Bildschirm auf meinem Lenovo Y50 erscheint extrem blass im Vergleich zu anderen Displays. Schwarztöne sind blass grau und das mindert die Bildqualität merklich. Ich gehe schwer davon aus, dass er einen eingeschränkten RGB-Bereich verwendet. Bereits seit Stunden versuche ich, es in den Griff zu bekommen, doch ohne Erfolg.

Laptop wie folgt:

Lenovo Y50

Intel i7-4720HQ 2,60GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 2GB

16GB Ram

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Intel Treiber: 20.19.15.4624

Zur Probe habe ich vorhin meinen acer Monitor per HDMI angeschlossen. Dieser wies dann ebenfalls das blasse, eingeschränkte Farbprofil auf! Es liegt also sicherlich an Treibern oder ähnlichem, nicht am System selbst. In den Intel Grafikeinstellungen unter Display > Allgemeine Einstellungen > Erweitert lies sich das Problem am großen Monitor beheben und der RGB Bereich erweitern. Für den Laptop jedoch heißt es: "Dieses Display unterstützt keine erweiterten Einstellungen".

Intel Grafiktreiber Info Center.PNG

Grüße.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You must contact Lenovo support, as they are solely responsible for support of your laptop.

Also, you should use only the drivers provided by Lenovo.

Doc

0 Kudos
TSchä1
Beginner

Lenovo suggests me drivers from 2016... Just tried those, they don't change anything etiher. I'm gonna ask them but the laptop is from 2015 or so so no warranty left, and why not ask here if this is most likely an issue about the intel graphic chip? Aren't they gonna know their own drivers best?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Also, posting pictures containing non-English text is a waste of time. We cannot do anything with them.

...S

0 Kudos
TSchä1
Beginner

Sorry I wasn't aware this was gonna go into the english/international forum. You may not be aware of it but the intel website is going from German back to English all over the place... Anyway though apart from the fact that I can't translate it, most of it should be fairly understandable + I assume it's gonna be in the same order in your english graphics settings.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No worries. The comment was more aimed at the masses than at you specifically. Your attachment was understandable (in context). Some of the others we see are not, unfortunately.

I will mention, however, that the best way to provide hardware identification is via the report from the Intel System Support Utility. It was specifically designed to provide the information needed for the Intel Customer Support engineers (and volunteers like myself) to look into (especially graphics) driver issues while, at the same time, avoiding exposure of personal information.

...S

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

We regularly push back on queries related to laptop designs (and especially graphics issues) because of driver modification. Vendors will modify the Intel (and NVIDIA/AMD) drivers to support custom hardware features (focus, backlighting, etc.) and, in the case of laptops with dual graphics subsystems, switching between active subsystems. It is thus important to use the modified drivers, rather than the standard (unmodified) drivers from Intel (or NVIDIA/AMD), because installing these unmodified drivers often results in features not working properly and the system unable to switch between subsystems, causing power utilization issues, failed DRM operations, etc.

A regular problem with this process is folks whose laptops have been abandoned by their vendor. In my opinion, a warranty must be a minimum of three years in duration and the vendor must guarantee that BIOS and drivers will be actively maintained for at least six years. Anything less is unacceptable and will remove this vendor from consideration for future purchases. At present, I won't get this from any vendor, unfortunately (because people are either naive or idiots and let the vendors get away with offering less). I hold out hope that folks will eventually get the message and start using their purchasing power to punish those vendors who continue these practices.

...S

0 Kudos