Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20694 Discussions

Lost Sound after turning of TV (HD4600 HDMI + LG TV)

AGrei1
Beginner

Hi,

I have an Problem with my HTPC. The System is an fresh installed (no Upgrade from 8.0) Windows 8.1 (64 bit) System.

Hardware: Asus H87M-Pro Board with latest Bios 0906

Intel i5 4570s with hd4600 Graphic

LG 60LA7408-ZA TV

The TV is direct connected with an HDMI cable (no HDMI switch or amplifier).

Software: Windows 8.1 64 bit German with Media Center (all drivers up to date)

Intel Graphic driver Version 3316 (installed from zip in Device Manager)

The Problem: If I start the PC (TV is on), all works fine. If I change the Input on the TV or Power off the TV, the Sound is lost. After reconnect, the Audio Settings show the HDMI Sound as not connected. Reconnecting is not possible. Disconnecting HDMI Cable and Reconnect Cable does not work. If i Reboot the PC, all works fine.

I have checked this with 3 HDMI cable, the original Driver from ASUS, the Driver from Windows Update, the Driver from your downloadsite and with the driver found here on board.

intel, please correct this, Thanks!!!!!

I attached 2 Files created with dxdiag (with and without sound).

Thanks for help.

Greetings

Andreas

0 Kudos
111 Replies
JBoy
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

As mentioned in my post on 19-Sep-2014 21:23

I have already downloaded 15.36.3.64.3907 and tested it and it caused the same problem so I had to revert to 15.31.17.64.3257.

It is clearly a driver issue and not a cable issue as the HDMI works fine with the old driver but not with any of the newer drivers.

0 Kudos
APipe
Beginner

Old thread, same problem:

GA-H97M-HD3 - F7 BIOS

i3 4170 - 4332 driver

Yamaha RX-475

Panasonic TV

The problem is not entirely consistent, I think it generally happens when the TV/AVR are off and the PC resumes. I note that the F7 BIOS only reports an update for "5th generation" intel processors. Anyone know if this MB actually works or whether they are still missing a microcode update?

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

In that case you can check the latest bios version for your motherboard at:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4965# bios http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4965# bios

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Also, I have seen some customers reporting issues like this and they have been able to solve it doing a firmware update for the receiver.

0 Kudos
APipe
Beginner

I have the latest BIOS and the latest receiver firmware. I'm really trying to dig into whether I should be pushing Gigabyte for a fix. Is it possible for you to share what microcode update it is necessary for Gigabyte to adopt?

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

I'm sorry andypiper that's information we don't carry, you will need to talk about it with Gigabyte.

0 Kudos
JWong17
Beginner

I think this has to do with the intel drivers. If i uninstall all of the Intel's drivers and go back to default built-in drivers from Windows (in my case Windows 7 Pro x64) then I don't lose the sound from waking up from sleep.

0 Kudos