Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20795 Discussions

Lost Sound after turning of TV (HD4600 HDMI + LG TV)

AGrei1
Beginner

Hi,

I have an Problem with my HTPC. The System is an fresh installed (no Upgrade from 8.0) Windows 8.1 (64 bit) System.

Hardware: Asus H87M-Pro Board with latest Bios 0906

Intel i5 4570s with hd4600 Graphic

LG 60LA7408-ZA TV

The TV is direct connected with an HDMI cable (no HDMI switch or amplifier).

Software: Windows 8.1 64 bit German with Media Center (all drivers up to date)

Intel Graphic driver Version 3316 (installed from zip in Device Manager)

The Problem: If I start the PC (TV is on), all works fine. If I change the Input on the TV or Power off the TV, the Sound is lost. After reconnect, the Audio Settings show the HDMI Sound as not connected. Reconnecting is not possible. Disconnecting HDMI Cable and Reconnect Cable does not work. If i Reboot the PC, all works fine.

I have checked this with 3 HDMI cable, the original Driver from ASUS, the Driver from Windows Update, the Driver from your downloadsite and with the driver found here on board.

intel, please correct this, Thanks!!!!!

I attached 2 Files created with dxdiag (with and without sound).

Thanks for help.

Greetings

Andreas

0 Kudos
111 Replies
BRu
Beginner

Hi,

Same issue as bibble_235 for me.

New driver fixed HDMI sound disappearing after receiver ON/OFF but sound still disappears after laptop resumes frop sleep/hibernate.

Dxdiag log attached.

Thanks.

Benny

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi benny_ru,

I understand but the issue you are facing should be fixed by doing a BIOS update from the Computer Manufacture and installing the latest graphics driver.

Please check this updates with your Computer Manufacture.

0 Kudos
BRu
Beginner

Hi,

I get what you say - but how can it be solved only by a BIOS update if installing old drivers solves this issue? (but creates several others thus making it unusable)

I would also expect Intel to send an official letter to all major computer manfacturers explaining them how to solve this issue.

When I tried to call the Lenovo tech support it took me 20 minutes just to get them to undersatnd what is the problem, than they told me the main technician will take a look at it (I sent him this thread...) - He called me back after a few days and told me to change the HDMI cable sides...seriuosly...When it surprisingly didn't have any effect they proposed to change my mother board for some reason, as if it's a hardware malfunction.

Because it's clearly Intel's fault you can be a little bit more pro-active and help your costumers by publishing an official letter to all major manfacturers.

Thanks,

Benny

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

benny_ru,

OEM and Computer Manufacture are aware of this information and they have released their updates to fix the issue. We are working together and we have confirmed with other customers that the issue is fixed by doing the procedures mentioned before.

0 Kudos
KBuff
Beginner

I can confirm that the F9 BIOS (5/2/14) and the latest 15.33.0.3574 drivers fixes the problem on the Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H. I hadn't tried anything since F6 back in January, so now idea when it got fixed, but it's fixed now.

0 Kudos
JRawn
Beginner

I can't install the latest beta driver, says my system doesn't meet the spec

Z87-D3HP (ntel 4400)

However I did a bit more research and I wonder if the majority of users with the audio issue are using an AVR like I am?

I fixed it just now on my Onkyo amp by turning HMDI CTRL on. HDMI THROUGH might also fix it if your TV doesn't support CTRL. All working like a charm now.

0 Kudos
KBuff
Beginner

I have a 4600, and not a 4400, but I'm not using the beta driver. 15.33.0.3574 is the latest official driver.

0 Kudos
JRawn
Beginner

Actually.. mine is still broken. If the TV is off for a certain duration I have to reboot for sound. Changing the amp settings has fixed the issue of it immediately losing audio if a device is turned off.

I'm out of ideas now. Probably going to have to send the mobo back since Intel don't seem to be getting anywhere either (and the new beta drivers won't even install!)

Also I checked my BIOS and it's on the latest already.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

The BIOS update must be provided by the Computer Manufacture. We have received reports from customers saying their issue has been fixed with the BIOS update from the Computer Manufacture and the latest graphics driver.

0 Kudos
JRawn
Beginner

I have the latest bios, and the latest graphics driver. The beta driver is broken and will not install (states under minimum spec when this is not true as it's a brand new mobo / cpu).

Fed up of fighting it, I have put in a radeon 4550 HD in the meantime and everything is now fine.

0 Kudos
IWise
Beginner

Sorry it has taken so long to reply.

Tested with the beta driver on a new bios F7 for GIGABYTE GA-H87N-WIFI(rev. 2.0) and it works fine for turning off TV and when machine goes to sleep.

Iain

0 Kudos
JBoy
Beginner

I have an Acer Aspire X-605 with Windows 8.1 and I was experiencing the same issue when my TV display turned off.

Updating to the latest BIOS (BIOS_Acer_P11.A3_A_A) and updating to the latest drivers didn't fix it.

The old driver mentioned previously fixed it for me though.

Nikkel wrote:

hi everyone!

I have FIXED my problem with HDMI audio always disappearing when I turn off either my TV and/or amp.

Step 1: Restart your computer so the audio is working again

Step 2: Install Win_seven64_Intel(r) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver 15.31.17.64.3257 (google it)

(The file contains both version 9.18.10.3257 intel HD graphics driver & 6.16.0.3112 intel Display audio driver)

I tried updating my bios/installing every different driver package I could find/installed all the windows updates to no avail, however, only this package fixed the problem. My setup is PC onboard hdmi->amp (pass thru)->plasma TV, Win7 pro x64 SP1, i3 4130T (HD 4400), Gigabyte b85m-hd3.

I am unsure if this package/driver version will fix other integrated intel HD series graphics cards audio problems but it's worth a try.

Spread the word if this works for you GL!

The only place I could find the driver was here:

http://www.redway3d.com/drivers/Win_seven64_Intel(r)%20Graphics%20Media%20Accelerator%20Driver%2015.31.17.64.3257.php Redway3d - Windows 7 64 bits - Intel(r) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver 15.31.17.64.3257

I gave it a scan with https://www.virustotal.com/ VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner then proceeded to install it.

Step 1 above is crucial because when I ran the installer without restarting it only said it was going to overwrite the Display Driver and not the Audio one.

I think Windows Update updated the drivers shortly after so I had to do the install process again.

I can't work out how to have Windows Update ignore updates to these two drivers and still check for updates to other drivers though.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

In this case I would recommend you to select the option " Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them".

0 Kudos
ACust7
Beginner

Hi.

I have the same problem like others with hd4400 graphics in asus x550l and try to fix it with everything i read here but nothing helps. Is there any news for solve this?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I would like to verify your system configuration. Please attach your dxdiag report here. How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Also run the System Identification Utility and provide the code given by the tool:

http://www.intel.com/support/siu.htm http://www.intel.com/support/siu.htm

Kevin M

0 Kudos
ACust7
Beginner

Im sorry, i dont have windows 8.1 anymore. I installed windows 7 and now everything is fine. Anyway i will send you what you asking for, just for win7.

Btw, can you help me with driver for USB controller (8 Series USB xHCI HC, VEN_8086&DEV_9C31&SUBSYS_201F1043) for win 7, i cant find it anywhere).

Best regards,

Antonio

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ciberdream,

Thank you for all the information provided.

The USB 3.0 driver for Windows 7 can be downloaded at this link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3467 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3467

Kevin M

0 Kudos
JBoy
Beginner

I just downloaded 15.36.3.64.3907

Display=10.18.10.3907

Sound=6.16.0.3149

Date: 08/29/2014

Filename: win64_15363.exe

File Size: 127 MB

This caused the same problem so I had to revert to 15.31.17.64.3257

Display=9.18.10.3257

Sound=6.16.0.3112

Although this old version fixes the issue in this thread it causes crashes in other applications on my system.

e.g. Freemake Video Downloader will not run with the old driver but will run with the new driver.

Are you still looking into this issue?

There has clearly been a regression between Aug 2013 and now.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Can you let me know what is the computer brand/ model you have? What the BIOS version installed is?

Kevin M

0 Kudos
JBoy
Beginner

I have an Acer Aspire XC-605.

BIOS: P11-A3.

See attached for DxDiag.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi opticyclic,

Please try updating the graphics driver to latest. Here you can download it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24245&lang=eng&ProdId=3719 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24245&lang=eng&ProdId=3719

If during the installation of the driver you get messages, refer to the following troubleshooting steps:

/docs/DOC-22542 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22542

You can also try with another HDMI cable and test it without adapters in the middle since this can affect performance.

Kevin M

0 Kudos