Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20795 Discussions

Lost Sound after turning of TV (HD4600 HDMI + LG TV)

AGrei1
Beginner

Hi,

I have an Problem with my HTPC. The System is an fresh installed (no Upgrade from 8.0) Windows 8.1 (64 bit) System.

Hardware: Asus H87M-Pro Board with latest Bios 0906

Intel i5 4570s with hd4600 Graphic

LG 60LA7408-ZA TV

The TV is direct connected with an HDMI cable (no HDMI switch or amplifier).

Software: Windows 8.1 64 bit German with Media Center (all drivers up to date)

Intel Graphic driver Version 3316 (installed from zip in Device Manager)

The Problem: If I start the PC (TV is on), all works fine. If I change the Input on the TV or Power off the TV, the Sound is lost. After reconnect, the Audio Settings show the HDMI Sound as not connected. Reconnecting is not possible. Disconnecting HDMI Cable and Reconnect Cable does not work. If i Reboot the PC, all works fine.

I have checked this with 3 HDMI cable, the original Driver from ASUS, the Driver from Windows Update, the Driver from your downloadsite and with the driver found here on board.

intel, please correct this, Thanks!!!!!

I attached 2 Files created with dxdiag (with and without sound).

Thanks for help.

Greetings

Andreas

0 Kudos
111 Replies
AGrei1
Beginner

Thanks Pete-Sydney for your tip.

I have updated my H87M-pro Motherboard to BIOS Version 1101 and the problem is gone.

THANK ALL FOR YOUR HELP

0 Kudos
EMcCr1
Beginner

As I reported earlier in this thread, my problem with an HP Envy Touchscreen 15-j063cl laptop under Windows 8.1 disappeared after I installed the late-November Intel 4xxx HD graphics-and-audio driver release. I'm pleased to report that that fix continues to work for me.

The more I watch this thread, though, the more likely it seems to me that this bug is a driver-vs-BIOS interaction issue, possibly also involving the OS. You need *both* an up-to-date BIOS *and* a recent Intel HD audio driver to fix the problem properly. I guess it was just luck that my BIOS was sufficiently up-to-date: my computer was first put into production only a few months ago, and HP has not yet released a post-production BIOS update.

0 Kudos
JSust1
Beginner

I tried to update my BIOS to version F4 (motherboard H87N-Wifi) but it didn't solve my problem. However when I installed older graphics driver (version 9.18.10.3257) it worked. Weird.

But even then when I turn on my TV and don't select HDMI as my image source, my computer keeps connecting and disconnecting some device as I would be disconnecting and connecting my HDMI cable. It stops when I select HDMI as my image source.

0 Kudos
GBabi
Beginner

I have the same motherboard. I tried updating to the older drivers you posted and sound worked, but there were issues with video. Specifically XBMC would crash on startup which is unacceptable since I am using this machine as an HTPC.

TV: Vizio 47 inch

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Guys,

Sorry for all these inconveniences.

The Intel engineering department is aware of this thread and they are currently working to get this issue resolved. I still do not have an estimate time of resolution but you can keep checking this post for updates.

0 Kudos
KBuff
Beginner

This seems to be the main thread about this post, and I'd like to chime in that I'm also experiencing the exact same issue with a Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H (rev. 1x). The motherboard shipped with F4 BIOS and updating it to the most recent F6 BIOS didn't fix the problem (although it did prevent XBMC from starting for some reason so I had to roll back).

Intel's engineers have supposedly come up with a solution for this problem which they neglected to mention in this thread. You can read it here:

Unfortunately the solution is to bug your MB manufacturer until they update their BIOS with Intel's fix. Kind of crappy, but I guess that's the best we've got. I sent a message to Gigabyte support, and hopefully others will as well.

0 Kudos
IM3
Beginner

we have several OPTIPLEX 9010 that are showing the same "disappearing hdmi audio when switch off the tv and turning it back on".. what are the chances dell and intel will be looking into these??? difference is we are using displayport to hdmi cables plugged into Panasonic 42" hdtvs. ie the same exact problem we are having is that when TV is switched off then switched on, the hdmi audio disappears off the face of the earth! ie you won't even see it in the Playback Devices of the Windows 7 Pro panel. Only resolution is to reboot the pc and it will reappear.

0 Kudos
ERodr18
Beginner

This is what you ask for in the other thread

0 Kudos
IM3
Beginner

Bought an Asus 6450 fanless PCIE graphics (by AMD) to remedy this ridiculous major intel flaw! As a major think center you'd think Intel will get this sorted in a SNAP!!!!!

0 Kudos
NBanf
Novice

hi everyone!

I have FIXED my problem with HDMI audio always disappearing when I turn off either my TV and/or amp.

Step 1: Restart your computer so the audio is working again

Step 2: Install Win_seven64_Intel(r) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver 15.31.17.64.3257 (google it)

(The file contains both version 9.18.10.3257 intel HD graphics driver & 6.16.0.3112 intel Display audio driver)

I tried updating my bios/installing every different driver package I could find/installed all the windows updates to no avail, however, only this package fixed the problem. My setup is PC onboard hdmi->amp (pass thru)->plasma TV, Win7 pro x64 SP1, i3 4130T (HD 4400), Gigabyte b85m-hd3.

I am unsure if this package/driver version will fix other integrated intel HD series graphics cards audio problems but it's worth a try.

Spread the word if this works for you GL!

0 Kudos
Odear
Beginner

I fixed the sound issue with the latest F3 bios update from Gigabyte.

I'm using the latest intel driver.

However the resolution issues is still not fixed.

https://communities.intel.com/message/232359# 232359 https://communities.intel.com/message/232359# 232359

0 Kudos
KMert
Beginner

I have a problem with this. The intel app doesnt open after i installed this version.

The sound works though but apps like xbmc crash because of this driver...

Why is there still no fix for this

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

We are aware of this issue and are working on a resolution. We have to look at this issue and how it is related to the Board, Graphics, and Audio as the Graphics driver is how the Audio driver is delivered. We are actively testing and working on a fix for this issue and hope to have a working resolution very soon. We will post more updates as we have them available. If any customer would like to post details of their HTPC experiencing this issue as well as the Make and Model of AV receiver they are using, it will be very helpful in making sure we have a complete picture of the issue.

0 Kudos
JLloy4
Beginner

I am having a similar problem using an Integra 9.8 preamp with a Sony VPL-VW50 projector. Sometimes I like to save the projector bulb life and turn off the projector and preamp for a little while. If I come back later and try listening to music without turning the projector back on, the HDMI audio device is not found.

Toggling inputs on the preamp does not help. The only solution I have found is to power cycle my ASUS H87M based system and reload Windows 7 x64.

I attached the output from DxDiag.

0 Kudos
KMert
Beginner

How can they not have a fix for this after 6 months.I know you arent a dev but you should really push this up higher so the real tech support get's their hands onto this.

Updating my bios didnt fix it on the latest drivers.

Hower this guide helped me fix it on win8.1 (with some issues on videoplayback software)

And without issues on win 7:

Step 1: Restart your computer so the audio is working again

Step 2: Install Win_seven64_Intel(r) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver 15.31.17.64.3257 (google it)

(The file contains both version 9.18.10.3257 intel HD graphics driver & 6.16.0.3112 intel Display audio driver)

It stupid though to use older drivers for fixing a problem that is clearly not a small problem (a lot of users have it).

0 Kudos
BRu
Beginner

Hi,

Same issue here with a Lenovo G710 Laptop with Intel graphics 4600 running Windows 8.1.

The laptop is connected to a Pioneer VSX-421 AVR.

The issue was solved with older drivers (15.31.17.64.3257) as stated by few members here but the Intel graphics control panel gives a "gfxuiex was forced close" while using this driver.

Lenovo are not in a hurry realasing BIOS update even though I tried contacting them several times - and I can understand them since it's clearly a driver issue (because older driver version works...).

Any updates or possible solutions??

Thanks,

Benny

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Guys,

I am sorry for the long delay on providing an answer for this issue. This is still under investigation. For the ones with branded/ OEM systems must install the latest BIOS version and the latest graphics driver.

The users with Intel® products, we are really sorry for the delay but we are working towards a solution. I will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
IWise
Beginner

Hi,

On a GA-H87N-WIFI changing the driver to Win_seven64_Intel(r) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver 15.31.17.64.3257.exe does fix the problem for me. I am using F5 of the bios. Using the latest drivers does not fix the problem.

Hope it helps someone else

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

bibble_235, Thanks for sharing this information with the community.

For those who have the Intel® motherboards, we have received feedback from other customers reporting that the issue has been fixed by installing the latest BIOS for the DZ87KLT-75K, DH87RL and DQ87PG along with the latest graphics driver.

I would like you to check for these drivers and BIOS updates and install them on your computers and provide feedback.

We also have released a BETA graphics driver that we would like you to test and provide feedback about it. Here is the download link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23858 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23858

You can provide feedback for this BETA driver at this post:

/thread/51391 https://communities.intel.com/thread/51391

For those who want to provide more feedback related to the Driver version 3496, please post here:

/message/228728# 228728 https://communities.intel.com/message/228728# 228728

0 Kudos
IWise
Beginner

Hi

Tried 1133b on Win64 8.1.

Turned TV off and on and still no sound

I have noticed with 153318 this does work but if the pc goes into sleep then a reboot is required. In case it has not been said the device disappears from the device manage.

Iain

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

bibble_235, Can you attach your graphics report here? also the dxdiag report?

Thanks

Kevin M

0 Kudos