Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20894 Discussions

Lost Sound after turning of TV (HD4600 HDMI + LG TV)

AGrei1
Beginner

Hi,

I have an Problem with my HTPC. The System is an fresh installed (no Upgrade from 8.0) Windows 8.1 (64 bit) System.

Hardware: Asus H87M-Pro Board with latest Bios 0906

Intel i5 4570s with hd4600 Graphic

LG 60LA7408-ZA TV

The TV is direct connected with an HDMI cable (no HDMI switch or amplifier).

Software: Windows 8.1 64 bit German with Media Center (all drivers up to date)

Intel Graphic driver Version 3316 (installed from zip in Device Manager)

The Problem: If I start the PC (TV is on), all works fine. If I change the Input on the TV or Power off the TV, the Sound is lost. After reconnect, the Audio Settings show the HDMI Sound as not connected. Reconnecting is not possible. Disconnecting HDMI Cable and Reconnect Cable does not work. If i Reboot the PC, all works fine.

I have checked this with 3 HDMI cable, the original Driver from ASUS, the Driver from Windows Update, the Driver from your downloadsite and with the driver found here on board.

intel, please correct this, Thanks!!!!!

I attached 2 Files created with dxdiag (with and without sound).

Thanks for help.

Greetings

Andreas

0 Kudos
111 Replies
AGrei1
Beginner

Hello Paar,

welcome to the Club, you are not alone. If you search in this forum, you will see, other have the same problem, only intel can not reproduce it.

Your audio device is deactivated after turn off/on your TV. You find your audio device in the Hardware Manger by showing deactivated devices (but you can not activate it, only reboot solve the problem).

Lets make an experiment. Open an browser (no fullscreen) and shrink the size of the window to 1/4 of the screen size. Move this browser to the right upper corner. Turn Off your TV, Turn on your TV. You will see, that the Browser is now an the left upper corner of your screen.

I think, that the HD Graficcard became the event "Monitor on HDMI is on" and starts up. It goes to the standard resolution 1024x768 (this moves your browser), ask the technical data from the Monitor/TV and change the resolution to 1980x1080. But the Audiocard does not became the wakeupevent or the TV is to slow to give the device connected status change (Smart TV have an delay for booting his own OS)

@intel: Can you change this. Can your connect the wakeup from the graficcard with the HDMI-Audio device.

@intel: If you want to see it in action we can make an teamviewer session on my system.

0 Kudos
JSust1
Beginner

Your experiment didn't work, the window stayed right were I left it. And when I turn the TV off I can still see the audio device listed as ready which is weird, but when I turn the TV on it completely disappears (and appears only after a reboot).

I'm experiencing another weird behaviour. When I turn the TV on and the image source is not set on HDMI, my computer screen keeps blinking like I would be constantly connecting and disconnecting the TV (I can hear the sound of connected/disconnected device). Maybe it's related? It stops when I choose the HDMI as image source.

It can be common problem with all LG televisions. They may use slightly different protocol or something like that. I don't know.

EDIT: The audio device really is disabled in Hardware Manager after I turn off/on the TV, it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I was checking the audio devices list in Windows Sound properties before.

0 Kudos
AGrei1
Beginner

Hi,

my device manager says: code 45 - not connected after turn off/turn on

0 Kudos
AGrei1
Beginner

Hi Nic,

any news?

Can we helop?

Greets

Andreas

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem ! Also if I turn off my T.V. two times it gives me a BSOD.

I have win 8 with the latest driver !

My specs are : intel i5-4570, mobo : Gigabyte GA-P85-D3 and an LG smart TV ( 32LS570S-ZB ) This problem drives me crazy when I get a BSOD !

I don't know if is the Mobo or the software...

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@Everyone: This is a pretty basic step, but please do not be offended by me suggesting it. Can you verify that the issue remains on the system when using a different/newer cable than the one you are currently using? A lot of times these issues happen in cheaply made 3rd party cables (both display issues as well as audio issues) - so we like to eliminate the possibility.

@AndreasGreiner: Sorry for the delay in response on this. I have been looking into it using multiple systems with/without the AV/R in the loop, and am still having trouble reproducing the issue.

Were you able to create that video showing the issue? Also, can you disable all the other audio sources on your system aside from the display audio, and see if the issue remains afterwards?

@Paar: Please re-install the 3345 driver on your system while the sound is still active. This will allow the latest display audio driver to be installed on your system. You have 3123 right now, but the latest is 3129. Reboot afterwards too.

@Gabriel-Stefanescu: Can you attach a copy of your dxdiag please? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information)

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Got back with dxdiag results.

I also want to note that when I disconect the hdmi cable from my pc and plug it in back again it will result with a no signal mesage followed by a restart caused by a BSOD. Tried 3 HDMI cables however they are not gold plated I got them on sale so they might be the problem.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

I personally would recommend the silver-plated cables that use the diamond-filament audio/video-fiber connection. Only the best quality for me though; I prefer a cable that I can discuss exotic wines and stock options with.

Joking aside, your dxdiag is reporting that you have a driver version 3355 installed. I have never even heard of that version, and it is certainly not one that we would provide. I would recommend doing a full uninstall of your graphics drivers (hit the checkbox for deleting associated driver files) on both your display adapter as well as your Intel Display Audio (sound, video and game controllers section) and rebooting. Repeat this process until you see "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" listed in as the display adapter. Then do a re-install of the 3345 driver from our website.

There is a BIOS update for your system that's about 3 months older than yours. However the description of the changes do not appear to be extremely relevant. Here it is if you want to update though; http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4569# bios http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4569# bios

These two processes might fix your BSOD issue, but thats just a small possibility considering I don't have a lot of info on your particular BSOD issue. Also, here's an update to your RealTek audio driver since its a slight version increase over your current; http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4569# driver GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-P85-D3 (rev. 1.x)

Also, to clarify; you are going straight to the TV or you have an AV/R in between?

Like I said before, try a different cable and along with the above, and let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It's going straight to the TV.

Thank you for looking into my problem ! I will do some tests and keep you posted. I'm a bit scared to do the bios update but if the BSOD persists I might consider doing the update.

It's 12:53 AM I will keep you posted tomorrow !

Thanks again !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I did all the steps and the result is the same.

When I had no driver instaled I could turn the TV off/on and was not receiving any problems,no bsod's. Also I didn't have he option to put the computer to sleep which is wierd...

So you think it might be driver related ?

I enclosed some screens and the .dmp file from that BSOD which I recived after instaling the recent intel driver and turned off and on the tv two times.

If I turn the tv one time I recive the message from ( driver stoped.png )

I downloaded this : http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/a08/Win64_15338.exe http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/a08/Win64_15338.exe

0 Kudos
JSust1
Beginner

Hi. I tried everything you suggested but with no luck. The problem is stil present. Is it coincidence that everyone affected has LG TV (as far as I noticed)?

0 Kudos
AA36
Beginner

Hello. Silver-plated or gold cables - not the problem reason. On old version driver - no problem!

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B85M HD3

Proc. - i5-4570

There is no additional videocard. Win 8 x64.

HDMI out to a/v reciever Pioneer, HDMI out Pioneer to HDMI in TV Samsung.

Second monitor DVI with sound jack 3,5".

After switch Pioneer on other input or after computer sleep - no audio for display in windows. Reset of the computer solves a problem.

I will repeat, on old driver hot plug Pioneer is correct working.

0 Kudos
RLee38
Beginner

I have remedied my "no sound thru HDMI cable from a Samsung Win 8.0 Laptop PC to an LG47LN5200" by opening the SOUND from the CONTROL PANEL on the PC....noticing an LG TV as a sound device....making it the default allowed the sound to travel from PC to LG TV.

0 Kudos
ERodr18
Beginner

I am usign a motherboard gigabyte dm85-d3h and i had the same problem but i have istall the drivers suggested here that not are the last ones Win64_15335 and now the version for Intel display sound is 6.16.0.3129 and the graphics adapter intel hd graphics 4600 is 10.18.10.3316, and for me work now i can switch of the tv and after of power on again i have still the hd sound not as before that i should restar the computer to got it. I know that is not the last version of the controllers but for now works, and waiting if the nex update the problem should be fixed..

hope this helps to someone.

I left here the link to those drivers from the download page of intel

Download Center

Win64_15335.exe

Version:

And if Intel has a better solution please let us know. as i saw in another theard there is not solution yet for gigabyte motheboard owners.

0 Kudos
GBabi
Beginner

Are you having any issues with the older drivers? On my Windows 8.1 64 bit drive when I install the older drivers anything that uses 3d crashes. XBMC crashes on boot, games crash.

I have the Intel Core i3 4130T low power CPU for an HTPC.

0 Kudos
ERodr18
Beginner

Since i installed a couple of hours i havent had any issues, if so i will posted here.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the feedback. Please note that the engineering department is still investigation the issue. We are sorry for the delay during this process.

0 Kudos
RGhor
Novice

I'm so mad i got my NUC D54250, its been one headache after another, first i wasted 2 weeks trying to fix my Wi-Fi and realized the wifi card 6235 and 6205 are just broken and dont work (8 months , several forum threads with 67+ pages long complaints and no fix still) AND now this Audio issue.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 + SP1 and all the latest drivers as below

CPU: Intel Core i5

Receiver: Denon 2807

Graphic Driver: 10.18.10.3345

Intel Display Audio Driver: 6.16.0.3129

TV: Sony Bravia KDL-40V4000

My sound dont disappear every time but maybe every 2-3 time when i turn off the TV. Once i loose it i have to re-boot which is really annoying. It has nothing to do with cable, OS, receiver or anything BUT the Intel parts so please dont waste any more time and just fix it already.

Still waiting for update ??? What are the developers working with? have they re-produced the problem yet? share some info rather then just they know about it and standard answer, we deserve more then that.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi guys,

Here is a link with more information about this issue:

/message/218663# 218663 https://communities.intel.com/message/218663# 218663

0 Kudos
rmand4
Beginner

@kevin

In that link it is stated that the problem should be resolved with the latest drivers, but when I search for new drivers, the latest I see is from 27-11-2013 (15.33.8.64.3345), it seems strange that it was resolved 2 months ago and only mentioned now.

Or am I missing a more recent version ? or am I looking in the wrong place, I searched for Graphics -> Desktop graphics drivers -> 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4600

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi quorton,

I am sorry you are still having problems. We have found the solution and it is to update the bios and graphics driver but I am afraid to say that the new bios for the Intel® products is not available yet in our download page.

We are working to have them posted as soon as possible to finish with this problem.

0 Kudos