Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20862 Discussions

Lost Sound after turning of TV (HD4600 HDMI + LG TV)

AGrei1
Beginner

Hi,

I have an Problem with my HTPC. The System is an fresh installed (no Upgrade from 8.0) Windows 8.1 (64 bit) System.

Hardware: Asus H87M-Pro Board with latest Bios 0906

Intel i5 4570s with hd4600 Graphic

LG 60LA7408-ZA TV

The TV is direct connected with an HDMI cable (no HDMI switch or amplifier).

Software: Windows 8.1 64 bit German with Media Center (all drivers up to date)

Intel Graphic driver Version 3316 (installed from zip in Device Manager)

The Problem: If I start the PC (TV is on), all works fine. If I change the Input on the TV or Power off the TV, the Sound is lost. After reconnect, the Audio Settings show the HDMI Sound as not connected. Reconnecting is not possible. Disconnecting HDMI Cable and Reconnect Cable does not work. If i Reboot the PC, all works fine.

I have checked this with 3 HDMI cable, the original Driver from ASUS, the Driver from Windows Update, the Driver from your downloadsite and with the driver found here on board.

intel, please correct this, Thanks!!!!!

I attached 2 Files created with dxdiag (with and without sound).

Thanks for help.

Greetings

Andreas

0 Kudos
111 Replies
rmand4
Beginner

Actually I don't have an intel board, so I don't need an intel bios, but I do have an intel 4330T cpu, so I would need the latest graphics driver, and as I mentioned the latest I see has a date of 27-11-2013, is that correct ?

I didn't use the automatic scan, but the category search.

So far though I don't seem to have this problem anymore, I first installed an older driver and after that 15.33.8.64.3345 (27-11-13) and the right HDMI device became visible and I had sound.

I still have another issue but I think its windows/xbmc related.

I was just wondering if above mentioned driver is the latest ? otherwise download center needs to be updated.

0 Kudos
GBabi
Beginner

I also don't see the latest drivers. As quorton said, the latest drivers that show up for me are from November.

Is there a link to newer drivers?

0 Kudos
RGhor
Novice

Hi Kevin,

How does this secret Bios "RC 1.6.2 (v131.4 or later BIOS)" relate to the NUC D54250WYK? I have the latest bios 0022 from 11/21/2013 and the problem is there using Windows7 x64. So when will the bios update come out for my NUC model? Its after all an Intel product so i have to turn to you for the release date.

Also which driver is it referring to and what is the corresponding driver version ? just saying latest in the post dont help anyone. I hope you can share some facts with us. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

The latest graphics driver we have is version 3345 with date 11/27/2013. We will come up with a newer driver but there is no ETA; however, to fix the problem that is the driver you need to install (depending on the controller) and updating the bios with the latest provided by the manufacture.

Vampyren,

The latest graphics driver for 3rd and 4th generation (2500/4000/4200/4400/4600/5000/5100/5200) is here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

If your computer has 2nd generation (2000/3000) download this one:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23377&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

It depends on what graphics controller you have.

0 Kudos
ERodr18
Beginner

Kevin

i had a gigabyte mopthermoard b85-dh3 and i have upgrade de bios to the lastest F9a and if i upgrade the drivers with the one that you said in the above post, i have still the same problem.

The only solution for me at the moment is use the previous controlers Win64_15335.exe. With those drivers i have no lost of sound when i turn of the tv.

Do you know if Intel is working on a new drivers to fix this problem?, because seems absurd that we have to use an older driver to use complety all the features of the processor ....

My graphics card is Intel (r) hd 4600. and the processor is INTEL I5 4430

please let me know if i am doing something wrong.

Please fix the problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RGhor
Novice

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the links, Would be good if the pages for the products were updated as well, on the NUC page the latest driver is 10.18.10.3345 --> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+NUC+Boards+and+Kits&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+NUC+Board+D54250WYB Download Center

I will try to update my drivers tonight to the one you recommend.

Regarding the bios well my manufacture is Intel so that is why i asked you. Is the latest bios 0022 --> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23455&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2864-bit%29*&DownloadType=BIOS Download Center good enough or should i wait for a new from Intel?

thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Etrobear,

The solution is provided in the Bios update. If you are still having problems, will be a good idea to wait for the latest update from your computer manufacture. From our side, our development team is working to release new drivers with new features but from my side the ETA is not available.

Vampyren,

At this point we have the latest driver posted version 23. Please try this version and let us know the result. Here you have the download link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23563 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23563

0 Kudos
RGhor
Novice

Thanks Kevin, just updated to Biod version 23, i actually had disconnect issue with the USB as well and i can see from the release note it brings a fix for that so i hope this can be the remedy for most people including myself.

Cheers! I will be traveling allot in the coming weeks so i wont be able to test much but maybe during the next weekend. Cross my finger

Thanks for the info and bios!

0 Kudos
MGupt15
Beginner

I have the same issue. My hardware is as below

Intel i7-4770k proc

Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H MB

LG 55LM4600 TV

Changing the HDMI to DVD and coming back to PC does not resolve the issue in my case. Although in my case it is not every time I turn off TV that I loose audio, but do once in 2-3 days. Correction: I am seeing the issue every time I turn off and turn on the TV. Very annoying.

Should I be trying changing the driver mentioned on the first page. Although my driver is newer from Gigabyte web site http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_vga_intel_64_8series.exe http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_vga_intel_64_8series.exe

Thanks,

MG

0 Kudos
BGehl
Beginner

Could this be related to something the Windows Mediacenter does or the connection to a TV flatscreen device (8.1 Pro x64 on 15.33.8.64.3345, HD4400, connected to Panasonic TV screen via HDMI)?

0 Kudos
PGiud
Beginner

Hello - I have exactly the same problem. I am running a new system ASROCK Z87E-ITX and https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25193 Intel Core i5 4570S with Windows 8.1 Pro and using a HDMI cable to connect to my TV.

Everything works fine except from time to time my PC would have the sound task bar icon marked as mute and it would not unmute until rebooted. I was able to reproduce this by either unplugging the HDMI cable for a short while. Or by turning my TV off then on again.

I have installed the recommended Intel video drivers (32 bit 3345 package).

I do notice that after I reproduce the problem the HD Audio Device Driver is not working.

See the attached screen shots

(1) showing the installation of the new package

(2) showing the HD Audio controller properties after reproducing the problem.

(3) Audio driver version information

(4) Video driver version information

I stress - after a reboot everything works fine until there is a time when the PC runs without the TV connected and on. (In real life this happens when the TV is off but the computer wakes up to record a TV show.)

I have an identical system in another location EXCEPT the TV is a different model. It does not exhibit the problem. I hope you can solve this without me having to buy a new TV.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JTapa
Beginner

I'm experiencing this issue as well. My setup is as follows

CPU: Intel Core i3 4340

MB: Gigabyte H87N-Wifi

Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR578

I have my HTPC connected straight to the receiver with an HDMI cable. Only thing going to my television (Sony KDL40W4000) is the output HDMI cable from my receiver. Now the surefire way I've gotten this bug to appear is by opening a tab of Google Play Music on Chrome (https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0# /now https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0# /now), listening to a song and then pressing the power button on my TV's remote. When I turn the TV and the receiver back on by pushing the power button on my TV's remote again, the image comes back on once the receiver is on but no sound can be heard until a reboot (when sound is working my receiver shows a PCM light on the front, when the sound is turned off by this bug, the PCM light isn't on). If I only turn off my receiver (by using the receivers own remote), this bug doesn't appear and sound & image comes back once the receiver is back on.

My receiver is configured to utilize HDMI CEC so I can adjust the volume of my system with the TV's remote. I can also shut down the TV and the receiver by using the TV's power button on the remote. Maybe this issue is somehow related to HDMI CEC? I've attached my dxdiag files for when I have sound and when the HDMI sound isn't detected by Windows

0 Kudos
BMora
Novice

Same problem here with latest Intel graphics drivers. My system

MB: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H

CPU: i3-4130T

TV: LG 50PH670S

Installing older Intel graphics drivers version 15.31.17.64.3257 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23106 Download Center solved the problem for me.

0 Kudos
BBert7
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same Kind of problem with my Asus-Z87-Plus with Intel Core i7-4770 Processor. The sound works good if I connect only my52 inch Sharp Aquos TV through a Yamaha Amp. HDMI in and out. But when I connect my Monitor on the DVI output, the sound turns off. It comes back on if I diconnect the DVI output.

From what I found on the net, the problem is with the intel driver...

Hope they will find a solution. I had to install my old ATI Radeon HD 4600 card to be able to get the sound to work ok.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi all,

I am sorry for the delay on coming back to you.

Please note that we are still working to have the solution for this issue as soon as possible. I will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
BBert7
Beginner

Hi,

I installed the last Bios from ASUS on my my Asus-Z87-Plus with Intel Core i7-4770 Processor. (uninstalled all Graphic Drivers then installed the latest one (feb. 27) after having installed the latest Bios Version from ASUS.

I still have the same sound problem. (The sound works good if I connect only my52 inch Sharp Aquos TV through a Yamaha Amp. HDMI in and out. But when I connect my Monitor on the DVI output, the sound turns off. It comes back on if I diconnect the DVI output.)

Hope you will find a solution soon. This Graphic Chip is present on a lot of quality motherboards, and buyers are waiting like me...

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I completely understand your frustration on this issue. We are working towards a solution on it but we have no updates yet.

0 Kudos
MEdmu
Beginner

I own a brand new Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p (10AB-000KUS) with Sharkbay motherboard (Haswell, Q87). After flashing it with the latest BIOS update from Lenovo (as of March 27th, I believe), this DID fix the problem of the yellow triangle issue on HDMI audio after turning my screen off and back on. YMMV, of course.

0 Kudos
EMcCr1
Beginner

Thanks to everybody who's already contributed to this thread. When you've got a problem, it's very helpful to discover other people with the same problem.

I have an HP Envy TS 15 Notebook with an i7-4700MQ processor and Intel 4600 HD graphics (without an auxiliary nVidia or ATI/AMD graphics subsystem). The notebook shipped originally with Windows 8 (x64), but shortly after purchase I upgraded it to Windows 8.1. The notebook's HDMI output connects to an input of a Pioneer VSX-1019AH audio/video receiver, whose video output in turn connects to a digital projector.

As many others in this thread have reported, it was also true in my case that if I turned off the audio/video receiver and then turned it back on, I would get video on the projector again, but the audio would come from the computer's speakers. When I clicked through Settings > Control Panel > Sound > Playback, the only playback device listed was the computer's internal audio system. The only way I could get the Pioneer receiver to reappear as a playback device was to turn on both the Pioneer receiver and the projector (thereby suppressing the receiver's flashing HDCP Error message) and then reboot the laptop. Very annoying.

This evening I downloaded the latest driver from downloadcenter.intel.com, identified as "Intel Iris and HD graphics Driver for Windows 7/8/8.1* 64", version 15.33.8.64.3345 (apparently also known as 10.18.10.3345), dated 27 Nov 2013, as the file Win64_15338.exe. Then I simply launched that .exe file, installing over my existing drivers. I'm delighted to report that the laptop now automatically notices when the Pioneer receiver turns on, pops a second device in the Sound > Playback list, and follows the preferences previously set for which playback device to use for what purpose when multiple devices are available. When I turn the receiver off, its sound device disappears and the sound reverts to the computer's speakers. Exactly the behavior I want.

I don't know that this driver will fix everyone's problem, but it sure fixed mine. Thanks, Intel.

0 Kudos
HH4
Novice

Just curious, aren't all these "no audio over HDMI after AV/R or TV turns off" problems related to the vBIOS like it is for the NUC?

/thread/41853?start=75&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/41853?start=75&tstart=0

I've also tried the latest drivers 3345 and it just does not help, or it's only a placebo effect. The conclusion of that other thread was that there was a vBIOS issue that has to be fixed.

0 Kudos
PGiud
Beginner

Thanks for the idea. I updated the BIOS on my ASROCK Z87E-ITX Motherboard and now all seems to be functioning correctly. This may not help those with other boards, but it is worth checking your BIOS is the latest.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos