Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

My Intel UHD graphics control panel isn't showing in the notification area even though the tray option is enabled.

CTacm
Beginner

I used a fresh restart on my laptop because of a different problem concerning the wifi connection so my laptop deleted some apps. I downloaded the intel graphics driver recommended for my device from the lenovo support site but even though I downloaded the latest version (I think) this problem with the intel control panel is still persisting.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

Will you share intel system report and the driver version you installed on your laptop

0 Kudos
CTacm
Beginner
0 Kudos
CTacm
Beginner
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello CTacm, Thank you for your response. Try these steps: Right-click the desktop and select Intel® Graphics Settings and follow this path: Options and Support > Preferences > Tray Icon > Enable. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CTacm
Beginner

That's the issue here I can't even access the intel control panel through right-clicking in the desktops.PNGBut my windows updated lately and it downloaded a control panel itself but even in there, the enable tray icon was not an option in the preferences tab

l.jpg

What's causing this issue and how can I fix it?

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

its ok

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello CTacm, Please check if Windows* installed a newer driver version. When using Windows* DCH drivers, the Intel Graphics Control Panel tray icon nor the desktop Intel® Graphics Settings is available. If you are still using non-DCH drivers, or Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers, we recommend contacting your computer manufacturer since Original equipment manufacturers (OEM) can modify how to access the Intel® Graphics Control Panel. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello CTacm, Were you able to check if Windows* installed a newer driver version? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos