Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Need help on surfacebook and connecting to 2560x1080 display

HInwo
Beginner

I have a surface book, yesterday a big update was rolled out and it has caused me some issues with connecting to my external monitor.

The monitor in question is the Lg Ultrawide 34". Basically the resolution i was using (2560x1080) is no longer showing up as an option, where a week ago it was all i am able to select now is 1920x1080. I have installed, reinstalled, updated and disabled every driver relating to displays and graphics and nothing seems to have fixed it. I know its not the hardware because as previously stated it was working totally fine less than a week ago.

My thoughts are the drivers for the surface book to display in 2560x1080 has not been updated yet?

Would really appriciate the help on this

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Have you contacted Microsoft, regarding their update? They are solely responsible for support of your surfacebook.

Doc

0 Kudos
HInwo
Beginner

Hi doc,

Im pretty confident its to do with intel as they are responsible for the drivers that run the graphics processing

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Incorrect. The OEM is responsible. You work with them, then they work with Intel.

Contact Microsoft for support.

Doc

0 Kudos