Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Screen flicker when Intel UHD Graphics 630 is enabled (Legion y540-15IRH)

GBasa1
Beginner

I tried updating all drivers and windows but the problem still persists. I tried reinstalling the drivers too and nothing happened.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I would try a better quality HDMI cable, if you are using HDMI.

You may want to Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility to provide more information for support.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Updating to the latest available BIOS for your laptop and latest Graphics drivers may also help. The latest Intel HD Graphics driver package, which now includes support for maintaining vendor customizations, is available for download here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29557/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers.

...S

0 Kudos
GBasa1
Beginner

I tried the BIOS update but it seems that I already have the newest version. I also did the clean installation for the Intel HD Graphics driver but as soon as it switch to the Intel driver, it flickered right away. Also, the flickering gets worse when on charge.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please explain what you mean by 'flicker'. Is this a screen jitter? Is this the occasional screen going blank for a second or two? What? Best is to take video using smartphone and upload and attach to response (using the paperclip icon below)

...S

0 Kudos
GBasa1
Beginner

This is what it looks like when plugged in though seldom happens when on battery. I also noticed that when the screen is tilted on certain angles, the 'flickering' stops and returns to normal but when I try to move it again, the problem comes back. I'm starting to think that it may be a hardware issue but am still confused on why disabling the Intel Graphics driver works on solving the problem but as a result, I can't open some software/apps that needed my Intel Graphics driver.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This might be a loose connection in the lid...

...S

0 Kudos
GBasa1
Beginner

Hope I'll get this fixed as soon as possible. I'll post updates as soon as I get it to an authorized service center, thank you for the help. 🙂

0 Kudos