Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

MacoZhao
Beginner

Hi there,

I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use a Displayport to HDMI cable.

When my computer starts, both monitors work fine, I can see the Windows log on both screens. Then the second monitor (connected by Displayport/HDMI ports) lost signal before the login screen shows up. The primary screen (connected with GVA) works fine. So, I can still login my Windows.

In Windows/Displaying settings, it can't detect the second monitor. But if I start the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, and use this softeware to detect the second monitor, then the second monitor comes back.

My display card is Intel HD Graphics 2500, I have downloaed and installed the latest driver, but it doesn't help.

The consequence is I will lost my second monitor if I restart/shut down my computer, or my computer sleeps then wakes up (the second monitor won't wake up because no signal for it).

Does anybody have same issue or experience? How to fix this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

When you say you have loaded the 'latest driver', which specific driver package are you referring to?

Have you tried doing a clean install of this driver package (see Clean Installation of Intel Graphics Drivers in Windows 10)?

Have you checked for an updated BIOS for your motherboard?

It would seem that the BIOS likes this DisplayPort-to-HDMI cable but the Windows driver does not. Have you tried using a different cable? Remember, not all cables are created equal.

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @MacoZhao

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics 2500 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Note: You might need to search for the proper Product Category and click on its "Show more" link if the product is not visible in the top rows.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alx24
New Contributor II

I have two very interesting displays with HDMI inputs, HDMI 1.3 and seemingly normal EDIDs that don't work with "Intel NUC" (HDMI) and "Microsoft New 4K Wireless Display Adapter" (HDMI).  The next model of the same company after them has no such drawbacks. But they work with HDMI to USB 2.0/3.0 adapters with "DisplayLink" technology of type j5create "USB 3.0 to 4K HDMI Display Adapter (JUA354)". These adapters do not have any settings but their performance may vary depending on the type of connection. They have very limited resolutions, short documentation and must be chosen very carefully based on reviews. A resolution of 1920 x 1080 has a very high probability of success.

DisplayLink - Wikipedia

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/DisplayLink-and-others-companies-help-connect-Display-via-USB/td-p/1340197

https://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?prodSearch=True&searchTerm=NUC11PAHi5

https://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?prodSearch=True&searchTerm=NUC11PAHi7

"Adapters and Dongles"

Power on/Restart BIOS stage and "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" (Safe Mode) use simple and stable VESA Modes of Video BIOS.

Alx24.

0 Kudos