Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Sondcard glitches after installing ARC A770

bricken66
New Contributor I

My system is a MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk WiFi DDR 4 motherboard, i9 12900K, 64GB DDR 4 3600Mhz ram , Intel ARC A770 Limited Edition ,1 TB Kingston Fury gen 4 NVMe and a Antelope Zen Go Synergy  Core USB soundcard. I experience sound glitches when opening Edge or other apps while playing music, before i installed the ARC A770 i had a AMD RX 580 without any soundproblems.

5 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello bricken66,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities.  

For a better understanding please answer the questions below:

• Take a video of the issue.
  • Download, run, save and attach the report for the following tool:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

Installation Steps:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
LeonidGl
Beginner

Hello, I've got an EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE. My system includes a HiFi DAC, a separate quality headphone amp, and HiFi headphones. The quality of sound reproduction is extremely high, and I can hear every tiny distortion, the slightest noise, etc. Everything worked seamlessly for MONTHS before I purchased and installed the ARC A770 several days ago.

Since then, I am regularly hearing crackling noise/interference that sounds more or less like short-wave radio of the past era. This interference accompanies opening or scrolling through some webpages, opening Outlook email files or Excel files, etc. Just like the author of the original post indicated...

It's just that: unpredictable, relatively quiet but repetitive and EXTREMELY annoying crackling noises. One cannot record a quality video that would highlight this type of interference, so you'll have to trust my word. (I have attached a video that includes this small crackling fragment between sec. 4 and 5; it's quite noticeable but not very pronounced.) But it feels like "classic" EM interference from a poorly isolated circuit board during periods when its power consumption goes up (opening an email, file or new browser page).

What do I do now? I absolutely cannot work like that, with continuous crackling noise in the background interrupting video conferences and music. The only thing I can do is get the GPU out and return it (I'll have to check the NewEgg policy). 

Speedy help is much appreciated. I am attaching the exported log file from the tool you indicated as well as the video with the crackling sound recorded (sec. 4-5).

(Just in case, I have already eliminated all other potential audio culprits. I have switched two different HiFi DACs, two Headphone Amps, and three USB cables. None of these made any difference - random crackling noise still affects me and interferes with everything as far as there is any other activity, such as opening webpages, applications or documents. It is not there at all times, but one hears it all too often...)

Thanks a lot in advance,

Leo

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello bricken66,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

By the way, @LeonidGl thank you for the information provided, I want to let you know that we recommend you open a new thread, in case the owner of this thread does not answer it will not be monitored after some days.

Best regards,  

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
LeonidGl
Beginner

Andres, given that I haven't received any solution or ideas for several days, and the only current suggestion you have for me is to open a separate thread, I have returned to GPU back to NewEgg as defective. It's absolutely impossible to live with this crackling noise on a day-to-day basis, and there is no ready fixed as far as I can see. May be it's just what I think, i.e. a defective GPU that generates strong EM interference. I will try a tested NVidia 3060 Ti alternative instead...

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello bricken66,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

0 Kudos