Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20954 Discussions

The Escapists Flashing black

Ben444333
Novice

A game called The Escapists turns black then back to the game then black agen

PC specs in Txt file 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

Thank you for posting back in the Intel Communities. We understand that you are experiencing flickering issues with The Escapist. We would be more than glad to assist you, and based on your issue, we want to request the following information:

• What game distribution service did you use to install the game?
  • Has this issue been present since day one?
  • We noticed that you have installed the new driver 4900. However, we would like to confirm if you tried running the DDU tool before you installed the new driver.
  • Are you using the game's vanilla version (No mods)?

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

I use Steam although I don't know if the game is on any other distribution service.

I am not sure as the game is somewhat old but no as I have a second PC with a different GPU in it and the flickering does not happen.

Yea I have DDu the driver before installing.

Yeah the game is vanilla I don't even know if the game has any mods for it.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

Thank you for the information provided, we will proceed to look into this matter internally. We will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

ok

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

We are reaching out to let you know that we are still working on this issue. Please allow us some more time to research, and we will update you as soon as we have additional information available.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

Thank you for your patience. We would like to let you know that the solution for this issue has now been implemented in the new driver version 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234 (WHQL Certified). Run the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and then install the new graphics driver.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

We are following up on your thread to see if you have been able to test this with our latest driver 31.0.101.5186/31.0.101.5234 (WHQL Certified). Let us know if the issue remains after you install this driver.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Ben444333,

Since we have no other issue, we will proceed to close the thread. If you have any other questions, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Ben444333
Novice

The latest drivers fixed it 🙂 thanks 

0 Kudos