Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20705 Discussions

The graphics drivers for the 7th to 10th gen Intel processor cannot be installed

Readme012
Beginner

Hello good. I come to say that I have tried to download this driver update Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2127 installation failed but it just won't let me. I don't know why and now suddenly I've started having problems like crashes on my secondary screens (which are using the integrated graphics).

Screenshot_962.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Try to install this driver manually from the Device Manager :

Extract the gfx_win_101.2127.exe on your drive

Device Manager > Display Adapters > Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers > select from a list > Have Disk > Browse >

Then go to where you extracted the files, then Graphics folder, then look for igcc_dch.inf, this is the driver file you have to install, after that just keep clicking next and then you're done!

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Try to install this driver manually from the Device Manager :

Extract the gfx_win_101.2127.exe on your drive

Device Manager > Display Adapters > Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers > select from a list > Have Disk > Browse >

Then go to where you extracted the files, then Graphics folder, then look for igcc_dch.inf, this is the driver file you have to install, after that just keep clicking next and then you're done!

Leon

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If it will not install manually (per Leon's guidance), the next thing to try is a clean install. That is, uninstall the existing driver, reboot and then install the new driver.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos