Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Windows* 7/8/8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) Version 3345

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3345 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23406/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here. However, we are all mostly aware of some of these, so I will list them here;

NEW: The driver reports that you have support for DX11.2. This is incorrect, you have support for DX11.1.

CURRENT:

• Users with 3rd party cards installed alongside Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with 3rd party vendors to resolve them. The latest we are aware of is that AMD* drivers are force-unloading our drivers, resulting in various issues such as loss of multiple-displays, brightness controls, etc.
  • Users with only Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with Microsoft* to resolve them.
  • Users are having Display Audio failures either over an AV/R, or via a straight through connection to their audio enabled display. For starters, you need to uninstall the 3316 or later driver from your system, and install the one we provide via the Intel Download Center links posted above. When you receive a graphics driver automatically via Windows* Update, it does not include the Display Audio driver that is supposed to be packaged with it. This can result in unstable audio errors.

if I have missed any, it is not because we are not aware of them! However, please feel free to remind me of them regardless.

If you are having trouble with installing the driver, it can be for various reasons. Most commonly, it is because your system currently has a driver that was installed by your OEM, and those drivers present various error messages to the effect of "this driver is not suitable for your computer because your OEM said so!". If that is the case, you should follow the http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Manual Driver Installation instructions to install your driver (this is prefaced by downloading the .ZIP version of the driver from the links above).

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or ...

0 Kudos
281 Replies
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@FinnGus: Can you attach a copy of your latest dxdiag please? Also, after doing the latest steps, were you able to get 3345 to stay on the system? Or is it still reverting?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
RThon
Novice

Running Netflix in the browser works only in stereo because from the browser there is no support for Dolby Digital+.

You cannot select the 5.1 language from the browser, only the metro app has this possibility.

Stereo sound also works in the metro app.

But the point is we want to use Dolby Digital+ and the metro app defaults to DD+.

0 Kudos
AKora
Beginner

No, the problem is not that to keep the pc in this configuration. My problem is to use hd graphics as my primary vga adapter, to watch movies and browsing etc. and use my dedicated vga card to play and use lucid virtu MVP software.

0 Kudos
mjong
Beginner

I already updated my bios. When i try to manual install with device manager I cannot locate the 4600 hd graphics GPU only my dedicated card shows up in device manager.

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi Nic,

You're right about switchable mode on/off

So far I have not changed any parameters in the bios, and until now it was ON.

After change to OFF, at reboot, first of all, pc starts very slowly.

In the control panel were not display adapters... but after 2' aprox they're loaded automatically.

But only the intel card hd 4000. AMD radeon 7650 is gone.

The issu remains (code 43).

Maybe i should uninstall and reinstall 3345 drivers after change switchable mode?

Thanks again 4 your attention

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi Nic,

I forgor one thing...

Last 3345 driver manual reinstall...an error has appeared.

Always code 43. I think you're right when read the dxdiag and always see Microsoft basic display adapter.

Looking for Update history.. i found this explanation. I hope they are important references.

"Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Fecha de instalación: ‎08/‎12/‎2013 23:16

Estado de la instalación: Errores

Detalles del error: Código 8024CE2B

Tipo de actualización: Importante

Intel Corporation Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in October, 2013

Más información:

http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx

Ayuda y soporte técnico:

http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub"

0 Kudos
CPenn1
Beginner

@Tarlach: So specifically on your Asus* P8Z77-V LK system, I would recommend currently upgrading your BIOS to the latest version. There has been 4 seemingly important BIOS updates released since the version your dxdiag states. Of those, PCIe functionality, system stability, memory compatibility are listed. A link for that is here, version 1301. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LK/# support Motherboards - P8Z77-V LK

For the Asus* P8B75-M LX Plus system, it appears that the BIOS is up to date already. Could you try doing a full uninstall of all graphics drivers on the system using the below steps? Let me know if it helps.

I'm not sure if it was the BIOS update or just resetting the CMOS, but that did seem to clear up the black screen at login. Odd.

I did do the full uninstall procedure for both PCs when I installed the newer Intel driver. I'm pretty convinced that BSOD is some kind of bug in the 8.1 and later drivers. That PC didn't change at all other than getting an 8.1 upgrade and both PC has have the same BSOD.

0 Kudos
VZak
Beginner

Hi Nic,

@vpz: In Safe Mode, our driver is not loaded. It shows the driver in your device manager of course, but it is running off the in-box driver (in this case the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver). What version is the BIOS in your system? Additionally, can you check your BIOS settings and see if there are options for setting the Primary Display Adapter?

Yes, Intel driver isn't loaded in Safe Mode, but there is a difference how Microsoft Basic Display Driver is loaded. In Safe Mode it loaded from the beginning and with highesgt display resolution 1920 X 1080. If I switch to normal mode then Intel Driver fails and Instead Microsoft Basic Display Driver is loaded with lowest resolution. By the word, dxDiag in both cases shows Basic Display Adapter driver, VRAM 256 Mb (instead 2 Gb) and 1920 x 1080. But by eye it is visible tghat resolution is the lowest in normal mode. As I may suppose during iniciation Intel Driver try to select lower resolution when it can't start with assigned resolution (1920 x 1080) and when it fails in lowest it is switch on OS driver.

My BIOS version is 202. The only Graphic configuration option in Bios is "DVMT Prealocated", which is set to 64M (it is the lowest possible value from 64, 128, 256, 512). Other Bios Intel options are:

- Intel Virtualization Technology - Enabled

- Intel AES_NI - Enabled

- Intel Anti-Theft Technology - Enabled

- Enter Intel at suspended mode - disable

0 Kudos
rnavo
Beginner

Hello Nic.

1. I already tried forcing the refresh rate in the mode that monitor cannot display within Monitor settings of the OS with the result that the display will deliver a corrupted image as described in my first post. I do not want to go through this process again and reinstall the drivers once again.

2. Green/Yellow bars belong to the pictures and do not appear on the monitor.

0 Kudos
GHenr2
Novice

Hi nic,

Funny you should ask. I'm pretty sure that it stayed, but having made a Dxdiag to you, which I've included, I double checked and there the old 3308 was sloshing around with a Code 43 on its tail, so I did an uninstall and "scan for hardware changes" (without a reboot) and lo and behold, the 3345 was automatically reinstalled (w. C43). So I've made another Dxdiag just to be sure. So here they are no 1 and 2 for you to study.

I'll do another reboot and see what happens. If I haven't edited my message everything's stably unstable.

EDIT: Nope, after rebooting, uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling the 3345's still there, steady as a rock.

And Code 43, of course, just as steady.

Come to think of it, the 3308 might have wormed it's way in yesterday, when i installed some Microsoft Update things - didn't think about that...

Message was edited by: Gustav Henriksson

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

If you have the option in your BIOS for setting a primary display, and you are using a multi-adapter configuration (including switchable graphics), try it with the primary being set to either "Switchable Graphics/SG" if available first, and then the Intel set as primary if that does not work. Going off of what one of our experts say - the only configuration where you should have the 3rd party card set as the primary - is a configuration where you do not want to use the internal graphics, and want to use the discrete card only.

@vsslo: Let me verify; you have the 3345 intel driver, the 13.9 amd driver, and intel set as the primary in the BIOS - and this is a stable/fully functional configuration for you? What about if you upgrade the 13.9 to the 13.11?

@Bokefas: If you turn Switchable Graphics off in the BIOS, what it does is that it makes your system only function with the internal graphics. The built-in display on your system is connected to the internal graphics basically. Ideally you would want it turned on, and it would ideally work with the latest drivers from both AMD and us. Thank you for checking though .

@Tarlach: So your black screen on boot issue is fixed (this was for your kids computer right?), but you still have BSOD's. Are you still getting the low resource message on both systems as well before the BSOD occurs?

@vpz: Can you update to the latest BIOS for your system? It is version 205. Download link is here; https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/N76VB/# support Notebooks & Ultrabooks - N76VB

@rikirk: Can you provide a comparison picture of the Panasonic* as it is connected with HDMI to both your system with issues as well as your other system without issues? The pictures you have provided so far are a little difficult to see the issue with.

@FinnGus: Can you update your BIOS? You have version 216, but 219 is out. Here is the link; http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX31A/# support Notebooks & Ultrabooks - ASUS ZENBOOK UX31A

It may or may not have any relevant fixes, but we should eliminate it as a possibility.

Thanks everyone!

-Nic

0 Kudos
RThon
Novice

Hi Nic,

Is there any progress on the Netflix metro app?

Did you perform any tests with this app and are you able to reproduce the issue?

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your explanation

Well, I think we've done all possibles test on my probook with bios, intel and amd drivers.

Had you some knowledge about 8024CE2B install code error?

What do u tink about this issues?

According to your opinion, the solution may come with the next 33xx intel driver and amd driver?

Or next windows 8.1 update?

0 Kudos
rnavo
Beginner

I think this is getting a little bit too far.

I have just one issue to be addressed which is that I cannot set scaling and resolution for the Panasonic TV with the driver software from Intel via HDMI. You got the reports about the system configuration already.

If the answer from Intel is that there is no driver ready for that it is o.k., the world is too big to start complaining about it. Just a lesson for me next time I will shop around.

Regards.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

I have already reported on that. However, to recapitulate:

1. For my AMD card (HD 6450) at the moment on the AMD web site there is no stable Catalyst driver 13.11. As of today, there is is only the beta Catalyst 13.11 Version 9.5 available.

2. When the Intel graphics is set to primary, the combination of the stable AMD Catalyst 13.9 and the Intel driver 3345 works well enough, but, as reported, is not completely stable, as the Intel graphics occasionally stops funcioning and immediately recovers ( the Windows maintenance reports a hardware error, and the EventViewer an IGFX driver erorr with the code 4101).

3. When the Intel graphics is set to primary, the combination of the Intel driver 3345 and the beta Catalyst 13.11 Version 9.5 does not work at all (the Intel driver malfunctions on entering the OS and the monitor attached to the IGFX remains black).

4. When the AMD graphics is set to primary, on the second boot after installing the beta Catalyst 13.11 the Intel driver malfunctions. After reinstalling it and rebooting, the device manager does not report its malfunctioning, but the monitor connected to the IGFX remains undetected. So basically, this setting also does not work as it should.

0 Kudos
VZak
Beginner

@vpz: Can you update to the latest BIOS for your system? It is version 205. Download link is here;https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/N76VB/# support Notebooks & Ultrabooks - N76VB

Hi Nic,

Version 205 only fix NVIDIA MODS test fail, i.e. it is not influence on Intel graphic card. Moreover I already fulfill the following test: completely remove NVIDIA driver and use only Intel driver. In other wordsinitial state: Installed Intel driver win8 and no NVIDIA driver, Intel card works without any error (no Exclaim on yelloow). In this case at the moment when I install Intel driver for Win8.1 (any from 3308, 3316, 3345) it immediately stops with code 43. So, I can't immagine how it may depend on BIOS.

Then, by my pressure ASUS team fulfill the following test. They take ASUS N56VB (i.e. same chipset and graphic cards, only note display is different) with BIOS 202 and Install Win 8.1. (starting from Win8) - and everything is working normally with Intel Driver 3308!!!. By my request they also test this configuration with Intel driver 3345 and latest NVIDIA driver - everything working without any errors. So, BIOS 202 can't be a reason.

0 Kudos
GHenr2
Novice

nic wrote:

@FinnGus: Can you update your BIOS? You have version 216, but 219 is out. Here is the link; http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX31A/# support Notebooks & Ultrabooks - ASUS ZENBOOK UX31A

It may or may not have any relevant fixes, but we should eliminate it as a possibility.

Thanks everyone!

-Nic

Yeah,

I just updated the BIOS as per your suggestion, uninstalled 3345, rebooted and reinstalled.

No such luck - still getting the '43.

Now that path is closed...

FinnGus

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi Nic,

I don't know how.. but I managed to install an important update that gave me problems in the installation of hd 4000 drivers.

"Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000"

I then repeated several test.

1.Bios switchable OFF- (only HD 4000 card) - WORKING PROPERLY, NO code 43. But .. why don't intel control panel runs??? And i don't know why dxdiag shows only Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

2.Bios switchable ON - (HD 4000 and AMD RADEON 7650M) . At first reboot.. both code 43.

After Enable both . HD 4000-Code 31 and AMD RADEON 7650M-WORKING PROPERLY.

Not work neither softwares(Intel control panel and amd catalist)

0 Kudos
DBres1
Beginner

Hi Nic,

My model number is HP Envy TS 15-j080us.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RLore1
Beginner

OEM ?.? i got a msi but their site are ...a bit crappy i cant login because of the captcha which dont show up :s so i dont really know if there is a 3rd or not (by 3rd you mean something installed INSIDE the intel component ? if no i got only an Nvidia and an intel into my graphic component and i'm pretty sure of this ><, my processor are only intel )

is there a way to check this without resorting the official website ?.?

0 Kudos
DBres1
Beginner

Hmm, strange. The product specifications for your laptop say that it uses only the Intel® Graphics, but the driver download section for Windows* 8.1 on the same product only has a single driver, and its for an NVidia* card. Can you verify whether or not there is a 3rd party solution installed in that laptop?

Nic, I noticed that too. I definitely only have the Intel graphics.

0 Kudos