Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20636 Discussions

Windows* 7/8/8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) Version 3345

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3345 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23406/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here. However, we are all mostly aware of some of these, so I will list them here;

NEW: The driver reports that you have support for DX11.2. This is incorrect, you have support for DX11.1.

CURRENT:

• Users with 3rd party cards installed alongside Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with 3rd party vendors to resolve them. The latest we are aware of is that AMD* drivers are force-unloading our drivers, resulting in various issues such as loss of multiple-displays, brightness controls, etc.
  • Users with only Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with Microsoft* to resolve them.
  • Users are having Display Audio failures either over an AV/R, or via a straight through connection to their audio enabled display. For starters, you need to uninstall the 3316 or later driver from your system, and install the one we provide via the Intel Download Center links posted above. When you receive a graphics driver automatically via Windows* Update, it does not include the Display Audio driver that is supposed to be packaged with it. This can result in unstable audio errors.

if I have missed any, it is not because we are not aware of them! However, please feel free to remind me of them regardless.

If you are having trouble with installing the driver, it can be for various reasons. Most commonly, it is because your system currently has a driver that was installed by your OEM, and those drivers present various error messages to the effect of "this driver is not suitable for your computer because your OEM said so!". If that is the case, you should follow the http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Manual Driver Installation instructions to install your driver (this is prefaced by downloading the .ZIP version of the driver from the links above).

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or ...

0 Kudos
281 Replies
blore1
Beginner

so this issue with the taichi is seriously never going to be fixed or addressed, huh?

0 Kudos
RThon
Novice

Hi Nic,

Is there any progress on the Netflix app issue?

This issue was already present in the previous drivers and is still not solved.

Which makes the Netflix app pretty useless for now.

Are you able to reproduce the issue using a device with a HD4000 graphics card like an Intel NUC?

If not, is there anything I can do to provide you with the information you need to solve this issue?

(Post a log, run some tests?)

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi Nic,

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

Today, from Windows update i've seen on display adapters a new hd 4000 update. version 10.18.10.3379

Always bug

code 43

VSeve
Novice

Today I updated the Intel driver to the version 3379 through tjhe regular Windows Update process. The driver has been so far working OK with the AMD stable Catalyst 13.12. The hardware: Intel DZ77GA-70K and 3770K, AMD HD 6450; three monitors: one on the Intel HDMI acting as primary, two duplicated on the AMD HDMI and VGA.

0 Kudos
GGold3
Novice

Hey,

First merry Xmas!

Second, should we install the update from windows-update? I'm asking cause it's not showing in your site here on Intel.

MSzle
Beginner

Hi Nic,

Windows Update driver 3379 and 3345 still not resolving an issue. On both code 43 same as before..

Samsung Ativ Pc pro XE700T1C

Intel HD Graphics 4000

0 Kudos
BDole2
Beginner

I want to confirm Netflix does not work in DD5.1 plus mode with the HD5000. No error message, but video runs at 1fps unless I hit language and convert to stereo mode. My receiver (Yamaha 773) bitstreams everything. It is running the latest firmware.

I am running a new i5 NUC on 8.1, so everything is up to date. Problem hit on 3345 drivers so I installed 3379 from windows update. No joy. The NUC is pretty sweet, btw. Built in IR sensor rocks with xbmc.

0 Kudos
TNguy94
Beginner

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion m4. Today I updated my Intel HD 4000 with the Iris update and right after the installation, the screen went black. I tried pushing the power button and restarted my laptop several time but it only showed the HP icon, the loading icon and then black screen again. Is there a way to fix this? It will be really lame if my laptop is unusable because of a driver update.

0 Kudos
isous1
Beginner

em questão ao d97ulf teu driver não estar sendo aceito pelo windows tenho o mesmo problema tipo o driver contem padrões diferentes do que e aceitável pelo windows

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rl74004uj82spxz/DxDiag.txt https://www.dropbox.com/s/rl74004uj82spxz/DxDiag.txt

nic seria um grande favor se tu desse uma força com este driver

0 Kudos
KT3
Beginner

Hi @TuNguyenTrung,

You can workaround the issue by going in Safe mode and doing the following:

Open Control Panel

Open Device Manager

Expand "Sound, Video and Game controllers"

Right-click on "Intel(R) HD Graphics" and choose Update driver

Manually update the driver by putting Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Good luck.

0 Kudos
LNece
Beginner

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 3520,running on Windows 8 64 bit. And i updated my drivers to the latest one that you released here. I am a gamer and I play with my laptop, when i play some games like, black ops 2 and resident evil 6, i experience a slow loading screen. I have consulted other gamers with intel hd 4000 and they too have the same experience. But when i downloaded a older driver, one that is released in December 2012, I magnificiently did not encounter slow loading screens. The only problem is that your latest driver is faster than that of the older one. Can you fix the slow loading screen issue with your next update? And any eta on the next one? Thanks.

P.S. this is my dxdiag info to be sure

0 Kudos
JLeik
Beginner

Hi,

I have Acer Iconia W700P with Windows 8.1 installed. So far none of Intel graphics drivers have worked with my computer with 8.1 as all of them fail with "Code 43". I have tried to remove driver, remove drivers until only Microsoft basic driver is left etc. then reinstall driver but nothing helps. As soon as driver is installed it gives code 43.

While tablet is in other ways quite nice I have to say that I am not impressed by Intel graphics drivers. I would like to know how I could fix that problem as it seriously handicaps my tablet as pretty much only browsers do work without proper graphics drivers.

0 Kudos
FBerb
Novice

Hello, i own an HP dv6-7002tx, Windows 8.1 64, HD4000 with geforce gt650m.

While using 3345 drivers, and actually, since i'm on Windows 8.1, i have flash video stutter (youtube and any other random website using flash to stream video) (no problem with sound) using Firefox and Internet Explorer, those seems absent on Chrome. I didn't test any of the external screen plug, so i can't report any issue on this. Didn't encounter the error others are reporting. But i can say that i never had a single problem using the HD4000 on Windows 8, everything was running smooth on it. Not really an option for me to go back to Windows 8, and Intel, whose been cooperating with Microsoft for so long, no one could imagine such a poor support ( more than 6 months of updates and tries, and still broken ) on such an important product as an embeded video card.

I did update using the windows update utility to 3379, i ended with a blank screen, rebooting in safe mode, i was able to roll back to 3345, and screen worked again, still, there is obviously something broken in the 3379 release.

Is there any hope to get the HD4000 working properly and fully functionnal on Windows 8.1 ? I understand my issues on 3345 are minor, but they are existant, and video stuttering on a flash video is somewhat laughable on such a high end system

If you need any specific log file to help solve, i would be more than happy to help.

0 Kudos
JLeik
Beginner

Hi,

It looks like that I finally managed to solve my problem with my Acer Iconia W700P:

I had to make full factory reset to my tablet so that OS changed back to Windows 8, then upgrade to Windows 8.1. After that Windows loaded driver version 3379 from Windows Update and that version worked.

I have to say that I am not happy that I had to reinstall everything in my tablet to get simple graphics drivers to work. AMD and nVidia graphic drivers just work when you install them, but with Intel ones I have had only bad experiences. Thus I am interested if Intel is planning to start driver quality program aiming to catch up its competitors in driver quality? Good hardware is pointless after all if drivers do not work as expected.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

I've been out for the holidays, so I'm going to be catching up to all your replies in short order.

@jomegu: I've got a UX32VD system right here with me. I am not able to reproduce the problems you're experiencing. I've tried several different BIOS, as well as different Intel/Nvidia* driver combinations. I am not seeing the same problems you are. I would fathom a guess and say this is possibly a hardware failure on the system, and recommend you to take the issue with Asus* to resolve.

@Kaveh: There should be a button on your laptops keyboard. They call it the "Splendid Key" from what I can tell, but it might just say 'AUTO' on it. I believe in order to use it, you have to hit the Fn + Auto key - and it should calibrate your screen.

Try playing around with the ClearText* options in your Control Panel. See if you notice a difference with either of these settings; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-004668.htm Graphics — Text Characters Are Blurry on the LCD Screen. Let me know if either of these fix your issue.

@NikosD: I have not forgotten about you. Here is what I have on that;

gpudip crashes on all systems I have tested with. I assume its a crash though, more like the application simply does not know how to run in the environment and therefore closes itself. I have tested this on HD 5200, HD 4000 and Mobile 4 Series (roughly a 5 year range) and it behaves the same in all cases. Trying to find an official website for this software, I only stumbled upon the thread you have running on the Doom9.org forum. Have you contacted the developer of this software to see if it is even validated to work with Intel graphics?

In regards to Cinebench 15* - I was able to repro the issue you are referring to. I have forwarded the issue to our OpenGL* experts. I will let you know what they say about it, but cannot guarantee an ETA right now.

@vsslo: Thank you again for your continued updates ! Have you noticed any outstanding issues with this new combination? Blue screens, black screens, driver crashes, etc?

@ChodeNode: Sorry for the bad service you received :\. Its unfortunate that you had to downgrade your BIOS to get a properly working configuration.. It is hard enough as it is to convince users to upgrade them knowing the negative stigma associated with the dark ages of BIOS bricking failures that we're only so recently out of.. Thank you for the information though I'm glad you were fixed one way or another.

@chuck3000: Can you attach a copy of your latest dxdiag please? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

I will get to everyone else soon. Again, sorry for the delay in responses while I was on vacation.

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Hi again,

the combination of the latest AMD stable Catalyst and the Microsoft Intel driver 3379 have been mostly working OK. Only once or twice the Intel driver stopped functioning but recovered. So the combination is not completely stable.

0 Kudos
VZak
Beginner

Hi nic,

Couple of questions:

1) do you have any news about solution for code 43 problem (remind that I have ASUS N76VB + Intel 4000 + NVIDIA)?

2) I read in comunities about driver 3379 from windows site, but my system can't find such driver on microsoft site. If I remove driver 3345 then only 3308 is downloaded from microsoft.

3) Some my new test results: When I remove all Intel drivers from my notebook and install driver from Microsoft then note fall in black screen. Then I switch it off. When I switch it on then it started with code 43. When I check windows update log it shows that previous ooperation (installation of driver 3308) was finished successfully. Any futher restart have same result (code 43) without black screeen.

I repeat test once more (remove drivers, download and install driver from Windows site) with same result (black screen after install).

Now I return to 3345 and wait for your decision as I still have code 43 problem.

0 Kudos
KT3
Beginner
0 Kudos
IMilo
Novice

Ni Nic,

Please, find attachment in which are Dxdiag when DVI is not working and after override installation without restart when DVI is working.

Also, there are print screens of graphic properties where is clearly visible duplication of monitors to DVI port.

No meters what I do, DVI, HDMI, and DP are not working after restart Windows. Only VGA.

Only solution that I find so far is to after entering Windows is to override installation of drivers and display connectors are in operational mode. Until next restart.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
LNece
Beginner

Hi nic,

I can't seem to find the driver you are talking about. I guess it is still not being released for my system. Any ETA for the drivers on 3rd Generation Intel 4000? Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

Hello nic and Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation/ reply.

Indeed, both of my systems Sandy and Haswell, close to desktop immediately after running gpudip.

The reason is because the app supports only ARB_fp and NV_fp GPUs.

I have sent an email to the developer to see his interest about this old GPGPU bench tool and if I have good news, I'll contact you again with details.

(Update after the email)

It seems that you were right.

The above ARB_fp and NV_fp are native asm fragment programs supported by ATI and Nvidia HW only.

So, until a new version appears probably in GLSL code, Intel developers can do nothing about it.

Case closed

Message was edited by: Nikos Diamantis

0 Kudos