Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Windows* 7/8/8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) Version 3345

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3345 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23406/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here. However, we are all mostly aware of some of these, so I will list them here;

NEW: The driver reports that you have support for DX11.2. This is incorrect, you have support for DX11.1.

CURRENT:

• Users with 3rd party cards installed alongside Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with 3rd party vendors to resolve them. The latest we are aware of is that AMD* drivers are force-unloading our drivers, resulting in various issues such as loss of multiple-displays, brightness controls, etc.
  • Users with only Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with Microsoft* to resolve them.
  • Users are having Display Audio failures either over an AV/R, or via a straight through connection to their audio enabled display. For starters, you need to uninstall the 3316 or later driver from your system, and install the one we provide via the Intel Download Center links posted above. When you receive a graphics driver automatically via Windows* Update, it does not include the Display Audio driver that is supposed to be packaged with it. This can result in unstable audio errors.

if I have missed any, it is not because we are not aware of them! However, please feel free to remind me of them regardless.

If you are having trouble with installing the driver, it can be for various reasons. Most commonly, it is because your system currently has a driver that was installed by your OEM, and those drivers present various error messages to the effect of "this driver is not suitable for your computer because your OEM said so!". If that is the case, you should follow the http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Manual Driver Installation instructions to install your driver (this is prefaced by downloading the .ZIP version of the driver from the links above).

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or ...

0 Kudos
281 Replies
AV14
Beginner

If I use the onboard sound device (Realtek) and DD+, the framerate is OK. I can't test the audio output as my motherboard sound output is not connected to anything.

0 Kudos
RThon
Novice

Hi Nic,

I am using a Intel® NUC kit DC3217IYE with Windows 8.1 running on it.

The issue with Dolby Digital+ only happens with the Netflix app.

Playing a Dolby Digital+ testfile with Windows Media Player downloaded from the Dolby website works just fine.

All other audio formats work just fine using XBMC for example.

Same as mentioned by other users, using the Microsoft audio driver the Netflix app works ok. (But that ruins the HD audio formats, so no option)

I have been in contact about this twice with Netflix. They are looking into this on their side.

The whole Netflix thing worked until the time Windows 8.1 arrived, but at that same time Netflix made some changes to their app.

Reverting back to a fresh Windows 8 install did not help (tried that), so I suspect issues are due to changes in the Netflix app.

I am located in the Netherlands, I think Netflix uses different app's based on location.

Maybe that is a variable that was not tested yet.

(Boxee Box works with Netflix in the USA, not in the EU for example)

See the DxDiag.txt in the attachment for additional information.

0 Kudos
PJord1
Beginner

I have the same troubles with Netflix metro app in Windows 8 with my brand new computer, all drivers updated.

Dolby Digital Plus not working in Netflix, but working outside Netflix.

with HD 4600 i54570s

0 Kudos
dSiem1
Beginner

HD 4000 Windows 7 64bit

I notice this version allows for application specific video settings. In particular the video input range.

However it seems to me this doesn't work and that the driver settings are being used regardless.

I'm using windows media centre to test plus the AVS black clipping test pattern.

And also using the nominal range registry key ehPresenter.dll set to one and 2 to WMC range output.

When Set the input video range to application specific setting, WMC ignores the key and display using the last selected driver setting.

0 Kudos
UTids
Novice

Hi Nic,

Please find attached my output from DxDiag. I am running on Windows 8.1 on an Intel NUC kit D54250WYK (HD5000) connected to a Yamaha RX-V767 receiver and an Epson projector.

I did notice one interesting thing: When bypassing the receiver and connecting the NUC directly to the projector, the film in Netflix runs in normal speed when selecting DD+. My guess is that Netflix (or the driver) will output 2.0 sound downmixed from 5.1 in this case since the projector is not capable of handling 5.1 audio... My point is that if you want to reproduce this error, you should connect your computer to a 5.1 capable receiver to be sure that the audio driver outputs the correct sound stream format.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

@Netflix* issue users; I am unable to see the issue. As previously stated, I have an Iris 5200 system connected via HDMI to a Yamaha* A/V-Receiver, and then connected from HDMI to a Panasonic* display. Netflix works properly in both Stereo and DD+ 5.1 mode without issues. If you have already updated your BIOS and Graphics Drivers, I would recommend checking the OEM of your AV/R and see if they have a firmware update for the system. Additionally, verify that your Netflix* application is the latest version available.

@vsslo: Thank you for the clarification.

@vpz: To clarify, you are saying that your OEM attempted to use the same configuration that you have, and they did not have any issues - is that correct?

@FinnGus: Thank you for trying. We will continue to look into the error code issues. Stay tuned.

@deSiem: Can you give me detailed steps on how to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

@JordanDK: Can you post a screenshot of the entire Windows* event log entry for both those messages?

@Gil.Goldschlager: I should be able to give you an update on this tomorrow. Thank you for your patience.

@NikodD: Let me look into those issues. I'll get back to you with what I find.

@jomegu: That is quite the interesting black screen scenario - much different from the ones that are usually reported in that thread. Can you attach a copy of your dxdiag please? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

Thanks everyone,

-Nic

0 Kudos
VZak
Beginner

@vpz: To clarify, you are saying that your OEM attempted to use the same configuration that you have, and they did not have any issues - is that correct?

Hi Nic,

No, it is not correct.

I have notebook ASUS N76VB, they test notebook ASUS N56VB.

Both notebooks (N76VB and N56VB) have same combination of graphic cards (Intel HD 4000 and NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 740M 2GB/4GB DDR3 VRAM), same BIOS version (BIOS 202).

But those notebooks have different motherbords (as I think) and different displays, which use different resolutions and graphic modes.

My Notebook (i.e. N76VB) have 17.3" Full HD (1920x1080)/Wide View Angle LED Backlight

OEM test notebook (i.e. N56VB) have 15.6" 16:9 HD with EWV (1366 x 768) /FHD EWV LED Backlight Asus Splendid Video Intelligent Technology, Zero Bright Dot , anti-glare

So, I think that Intel drivers 3308, 3316, 3345 have problems with Full HD graphic mode!!!.

This conclusion is based on comparison of my tests and OEM tests.They are equal in actions, but different in results:

- OEM team report that they have successfull work of N56VB Win8.1 64bit with all combination of Intel drivers ( any from 3308, 3316, 3345) with any of NVIDIA drivers;

- And I have error code 43 for N76VB Win8.1 64bit for all combinations of Intel drivers ( any from 3308, 3316, 3345) with any of NVIDIA drivers.

Note: Moreover, there are 2 additional facts (from my tests):

1) If I use Intel Win 8 driver then error code 43 disappear, but it is impossible to use NVIDIA as any external monitor use only Intel graphic card.

2) If I completely remove NVIDIA driver, then installation of any Intel Win8.1 drivers (i.e. 3308, 3316, 3345) lead to error code 43. So, error code 43 appear as with as without NVIDIA driver. And any combination of drivers installation (Intel, then NVIDIA; or NVIDIA then Intel) lead to same error code 43 for Intel card.

0 Kudos
AV14
Beginner

I tried an ATI 5450 video card instead of the HD4600 (same HDMI cable) and I can watch Netflix without problem in DD+, and my A/V receiver correctly display DDigital plus. So its not a problem with the receiver. Maybe you should try a HD4000 or HD4600 instead of an Iris 5200.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@Gil.Goldshlager: Okay I just ran some new tests. First and foremost, the results were no different on Windows* 8.1 than they were with Windows* 8. I've tested with 3165, 3257, 3282 and 3345. Here is a look at the results.

3165 - 8 seconds of black screen with music playing before the starting video begins playing. Starting video is very laggy for first 6 seconds or so.

3257 - 8 seconds of black screen with music playing before the starting video begins playing. Starting video is very laggy for first 6 seconds or so.

3282 - 4 seconds of black screen with music playing before the starting video begins playing. Starting video is laggy for the first 3 seconds or so.

3345 - 4 seconds of black screen with music playing before the starting video begins playing. Starting video is laggy for the first 3 seconds or so.

Now, at no point in testing was I able to get the starting video to come up first thing. However, looking at the following video on Youtube* of a system running the game with no latency, I can see what it is that you want to be accomplished. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL1kyxvgHJQ Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PC) - Ocean View [1080p] - YouTube.

I'm going to go ahead and submit this as a bug. I will let you know what the results are when I have information. Thanks again for your continued patience.

@vpz: Are the folks at Asus* who tested the different configuration intending to also test the same configuration you have? If not, can you prompt them to do so?

I would also like to explain something about the older Windows* 8 drivers. So @everyone who is reporting better functionality with the older windows* 8 drivers. With the 15.31 branch (such as driver 3165), switchable graphics systems no longer needed to use a pre-packaged "switchable graphics driver". These were originally provided by the OEM of the SG system, and included both our Intel driver, as well as a 3rd party graphics driver. As of 15.31 though, the drivers supported "Independent Install". This means that you no longer need a pre-packaged SG driver, and could install both our generic driver as well as the 3rd party graphics' generic driver, and they would work together to accomplish SG.

NOW! When Windows* 8.1 was released, this all changed yet again. Now SG was no longer negotiated between two independent installer generic drivers, it wasn't negotiated by the drivers at all! The OS (Windows* 8.1 if you aren't following this text wall) is responsible for babysitting the SG capabilities of the system. Drivers that are released for Windows* 8.1 therefore, are yet again configured differently. Simply put, our Windows* 8.1 drivers are no longer just independent installer generic drivers, they are independent-installer-generic-drivers that yield-to-the-operating-system-for-switchable-graphics-functionality. They are 'subservient' to the OS. I can say on behalf of Intel that our drivers are in fact programmed to function this way on Windows* 8.1, as is required. I cannot say that this is the case with the 3rd party graphics drivers that run alongside ours on the very same systems. With the recently learned information that the AMD* driver, for example - is booting out ours during boot-up, it could be that these 3rd party drivers are not programmed for the new Windows* 8.1 SG requirements, hence the issues.

To summarize, drivers for SG systems that are earlier than the 15.31 branch needed to be pre-packaged SG drivers provided by the OEM. 15.31 drivers (launched around Windows* 😎 are not limited in this way, and can be installed independently and will cooperate with each other to make SG function properly. 15.33 drivers (launched for Windows* 8.1) function similarly, but yield control of SG to the OS because the OS controls SG now. Our drivers are programmed this way, we can't say the same for 3rd party though.

Let me know if you have more questions on this. We are still working with 3rd party graphics folks to make sure all our drivers work in harmony with the OS, but it is a slow and arduous process. I apologize for the continued inconvenience this has caused, and am doing my best to help in getting this sorted out.

Thank you again for your patience.

-Nic

0 Kudos
dSiem1
Beginner

Hi Nic

So this is windows 7 64 bit

i3-3225 with hd4000

using windows media centre to play the mp4 black level video from the AVS forum.

WMC rgb output level can be controlled by this key:

This will set your nominal rante to 0-255 (PC levels) essentially doing "expanded blacks" use this with a typical PC monitor calibrated for blacks==0.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Debug\ehPresenter.dll]

"NominalRange"=dword:1

"NominalRange"=dword:2 will be 16-235.

My display is a panasonic vt65 (ukVt60) with hdmi rgb set to 0-255 (full)

connected via hdmi

GPU settings is quantization range is set to Full. (this setting works just fine btw)

Under video settings i set the InPut range to Application settings

I play the black clipping mp4 and see black is a bit clipped.

At this point i add the nominal range key and start to toggle between 1 and 2.

My expectation is that since i'm controlling the application settings i should see some change in the clip being show. (i've restarted the computer after applying the regkey too)

the actual result is that theres no change.

I do see a change when i change the driver video input rane from application to driver, set it to 0-255 then set it back to application settings, then hit apply.

playing back the move is now different.

and toggling the regkey still makes no change.

0 Kudos
VZak
Beginner

@vpz: Are the folks at Asus* who tested the different configuration intending to also test the same configuration you have? If not, can you prompt them to do so?

Hi nic,

I promice to test my configuration several times already, but they said that they not have such configuration in office at current moment. And they not give any guarantees that they will test it in any nearest time.

May you send request to ASUS from you?

0 Kudos
JGuer9
Beginner

nic wrote:

@jomegu: That is quite the interesting black screen scenario - much different from the ones that are usually reported in that thread. Can you attach a copy of your dxdiag please? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

Here it is.

I forgot to mention on the previous post that this laptop also has a Nvidia GT 620M.

I've also attached the reports from both Intel and Nvidia control panels.

0 Kudos
GGold3
Novice

Thank you Nic for the time spending on checking my issues with the game.

I don't know why you had the same issues on WIN8.0 where I and others didn't, but yes it was working fine for me just like in the video you linked to, with no black screen delay.

Important to mention that the black screen is not just a delay this is preventing playing in multiplayer because it's causing connection problems or whatever.

Thank you for submit it as a bug, I'm waiting for your updates.

0 Kudos
MHyld
Beginner

Hi,

I as well am having the Windows 8.1 Netflix app issue. Playing Dexter season four, episode one (as an example) the frame rate is about one fps whenever Dolby DIgital Plus 5.1 audio is used. No sound is heard. Switching to stereo avoids the frame rate problem. DxDiag attached. My setup is a custom built htpc based on an Asus P8H77-I motherboard with an i5-3570K CPU. No discrete graphics are installed. Audio and video is passed by hdmi to my Denon AVR-2809.

Regards,

Mads

PS. No issues encountered pre Windows 8.1.

0 Kudos
TX2
Beginner

I 2nd this as solution for people having problem with Netflix outputing DD+ using Intel HD. It simply doesn't works!

I am running Win 8. I was bulding a HTPC and ran into problem with Netflix (Win 8 Metro version) simply lags at 1fps and no sound when DD+ is selected (doesn't have problem outputing stereo), There is no problem outputting DTS/DD with other media players when playing local files.

I remember my main rig with an Nvidia GTX460 can manage to run fines with it (although it has since been reverted to Win 7). So i just bought myself an AMD HD 6450. Voila. Install AMD Catalyst drivers and immediatelly works.

Intel HD is simply broken. Intel needs to work with Netflix on this issue!

It makes me spend more than what i intend for my HTPC (not to mention additional 10W-12W of power usage).

Well, at least my problem is solved. Will revert back to Intel HD if Intel can solve this problem...fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
ES2
Beginner

Yet another frustrated customer - cannot use Netflix App (downloaded via Windows 8 App Store) with Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 enabled. The video playback was 1-2 frame and eventually stopped altogether. There was no audio. It works only when I change to Stereo. The issue is widespread even reported by AnandTech when they were evaluating Intel Haswell NUC (mine is NUC based on Ivy Bridge with i3). I'm having to use PS3 for Netflix for the time being. Please provide a resolution as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
ES2
Beginner

My dad has the same issue. Earlier he claimed that it works however he realized that his AV receiver was set to stereo even though in Netflix App it was set to Dolby Digital Plus. As soon as he changed the surround mode on his AV receiver, the video playback immediately changed it was 1-2 frames per second and no audio. Maybe this'll help you troubleshoot the issue on your end.

0 Kudos
SHeus
Beginner

@nic: I am using a custom build based on a Asus P8H77-I Mainboard.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@sh83: Can you update the Management Engine driver using the latest provided by your OEM? (9.5.10.1658) Here is the link; https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H77I/# support Motherboards - P8H77-I It is listed under the "Chipset" section.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
SHeus
Beginner

@nic: Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately updating to V9.5.10.1658 did not fix the problem.

0 Kudos
PJord1
Beginner

I got this from Windows event log when trying Dolby Digital Plus in Netflix.

I don't know if it is helpful.

ISCT - CAudioControlCallback::Initialize Unable to get the default audio endpoints, status=0x80070490

0 Kudos