Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Windows* 7/8/8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) Version 3345

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3345 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23406/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405 Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here. However, we are all mostly aware of some of these, so I will list them here;

NEW: The driver reports that you have support for DX11.2. This is incorrect, you have support for DX11.1.

CURRENT:

• Users with 3rd party cards installed alongside Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with 3rd party vendors to resolve them. The latest we are aware of is that AMD* drivers are force-unloading our drivers, resulting in various issues such as loss of multiple-displays, brightness controls, etc.
  • Users with only Intel graphics are experiencing various degrees of Code 31 and Code 43 issues. These are being actively investigated, and we are working with Microsoft* to resolve them.
  • Users are having Display Audio failures either over an AV/R, or via a straight through connection to their audio enabled display. For starters, you need to uninstall the 3316 or later driver from your system, and install the one we provide via the Intel Download Center links posted above. When you receive a graphics driver automatically via Windows* Update, it does not include the Display Audio driver that is supposed to be packaged with it. This can result in unstable audio errors.

if I have missed any, it is not because we are not aware of them! However, please feel free to remind me of them regardless.

If you are having trouble with installing the driver, it can be for various reasons. Most commonly, it is because your system currently has a driver that was installed by your OEM, and those drivers present various error messages to the effect of "this driver is not suitable for your computer because your OEM said so!". If that is the case, you should follow the http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Manual Driver Installation instructions to install your driver (this is prefaced by downloading the .ZIP version of the driver from the links above).

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or ...

0 Kudos
281 Replies
IMilo
Novice

@Gosa: Looking at other threads you've been involved in, it would appear that you have the latest BIOS and Drivers installed, but are still having issues displaying content on your monitor via either HDMI or DVI connection. Can you verify the following for me please?

Yes, but you have to know following information:

I have successfully display though HDMI (but picture is not crystal clear), but with DVI no progress.

1. How long have you been using this motherboard/processor/operating system configuration?

Brand new, bought on December 20th. So answer is 2 months.

2. Has it ever worked normally? If so, what driver were you using?

No, never.

3. If it has worked normally, when did it stop functioning properly?

N/A.

4. The work-around you are currently using from this thread; /message/220593# 220593 Re: Workaround for black screen problem - after disabling the work-around, is your issue still present?

I created the script posted as workaround, and picture was immediately shown (20sec), as script was run. (disable and re-enable graphics adapter. Know I abandon that because I think it not a proper solution and can be harmful to graphics adapter. Currently using VGA to display picture.

5. Are you using any adapters, adapter cables, AV/R's, or other additional hardware between your system and your display aside from just a straight-through cable?

No, never, just straight-through cable. Tried with DVI-D single and dual link, know on VGA cable that is working. Even tested with DP (display port) to DVI-D, still no picture.

0 Kudos
RKreb
Beginner

@nic

What's about the memory leak? I have found many complains, to the low memory bug,

if you play am game in full screen. The pagefile memory grow and grow, and eats all

your memory. This happends only in win 8.1! This happends if the resolution and refresh rate

is not equal to the desktop settings! I don't know who is responsible, INTEL or MICROSOFT,

but this bug is annoying.

Acer Laptop HD4000, nvidia GT650M, Win 8.1

0 Kudos
ETayl
Beginner

@nic,

I would love to see an answer to the question that @Ray_Krebs has asked. I am suffering from the same issue that he describes. I also agree with him that it is hard to tell if it is an Intel HD graphics issue or a Microsoft issue.

Wait, I see from Ray's description that his laptop has nvidia GT650M graphics. It seems to me in other threads on this issue has appeared on Intel, Nvidia, and AMD cards. So perhaps this is not an Intel Issue...

However, I want you to be aware that the issue Ray posted is real. I use HD 4600 (driver 3345) on my I7-4770K chip installed on an Asus H87iplus mini-itx motherboard running Windows 8.1 (16gb RAM). If I am running Windows Media Center in full screen mode there are times when I can see the exact saw tooth graph that Ray posted earlier in this thread. Alt-tabbing out of the full screen causes the System Commit level to fall back to the level of the physical RAM in use.

Any info would be appreciated. Even if you just say, "This is not our issue."

thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@NikosD: Can you give me a list of which settings you would like to see be toggled to "Application Settings"? Also, in regards to Intel® Intru™ 3D - that document is slightly out of date, but it is mostly correct. The Intel® Pentium™ and Celeron™ processors (formerly codenamed; Clarkdale/Arrandale, Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge and Haswell) do not support Intru™ 3D - however, Pentium™/Celeron™ processors (formerly codenamed Bay Trail) do in fact support Intru™ 3D.

For your CPU; Intel® Clear Video Technology is not supported, and OpenCL* 1.2 is supported (I will be updating that website shortly also).

@kldoc: Can I get that dxdiag? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information). Thanks!

@Gosa: I suppose I am still confused as to your situation. Correct me if I am wrong on any of the following;

1. Your system behaves correctly when using the 3345 driver

2. Your system behaves incorrectly (no HDMI, DP, DVI - but VGA works) when using the 3379 driver

@Ray_Krebs: Can you give me some detailed repro steps? What display(s) are you using, how are they connected, what is your resolution/refresh rate set to (both on desktop and in-game)? What Intel® and Nvidia* drivers do you have installed? What game(s) is this happening with?

@ewtaylo: I'll let you know if I can find an answer for this Can you provide the same info I asked Ray_Krebs for?

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

@Gil.Goldshlager: Good news! We have reproduced, sighted and corrected the issue (slow character loads/freezes between swapping characters in the lobby, black screen at the start of a match) issue that you reported to us It should be available with our next official driver release. Keep in mind that I was unable to reproduce the issue you experienced with the disconnects in multi-player mode though, so I am not sure if that is resolved. When the next driver feedback thread is launched, feel free to us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
ETayl
Beginner

@nic

Here is the info you asked for. I have a Curtis LCDVD2454A TV hooked up via HDMI to my HTPC. The desktop is running at 60hz, 19020x1080. I am using Intel driver 3345. There is no Nvidia driver installed.

As I have stated before, this issue occurs when a full screen video program runs at a different setting than the desktop.

In my case it is WMC. Start with 8.1 pro with all the latest Microsft updates and Windows Media Center installed. Verify that WMC has the TV set to 1920x1080, 60Hz. This will match the desktop

To see the issue I use Sysinternals Process Explorer. I run that, go to the view menu and select system information. On the resulting windows I select the memory tab. This shows the physical RAM in use along with the System Commit.

Now run WMC. If it come up in a window click the expand button next to the windows X button in order to make the WMC fill the entire screen.

There is no need to even have a tuner or anything installed. Simply sit at the Main menu.

Now power off the monitor. wait 7-10 minutes. power the monitor back on.

Flatten WMC so that you can see the Process Explorer graph. You will observe that while the monitor was powered off, the System Commit level had a noticeable upward slope followed by the system commit level dropping back to the level of physical RAM utilized when you powered the monitor back on. This will match the graph that Ray showed a few posts back.

If the monitor was to stay off long enough, the system commits would fill all of physical RAM causing the "low memory" dialog to pop up.

Now I am not claiming that this is an Intel HD graphics issue, but if Intel is aware of it perhaps they know the correct channel to get Microsoft to do something about it.

0 Kudos
FBerb
Novice

@Nic, attached with this reply is my laptop's dxdiag.

0 Kudos
IMilo
Novice

@Gosa: I suppose I am still confused as to your situation. Correct me if I am wrong on any of the following;

1. Your system behaves correctly when using the 3345 driver

No, never. Not even when used older drivers.

2. Your system behaves incorrectly (no HDMI, DP, DVI - but VGA works) when using the 3379 driver

Taking in account that I'm currently on Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit, I can not update driver to 3379.

But I can try installing Windows 8 and try with that driver.

The picture is significantly better with DVI that with VGA cable. But, when PC is restarted, there are no initialization of DVI or any other port, only VGA.

0 Kudos
RKreb
Beginner

@nic

Display: Laptop Acer v3-771G integrated 17" FULL-HD 1920x1080, refresh rate 60Hz.

Driver: Intel 3345, Nvidia 327.23, but any other (older, newer) driver will not solve the issue.

Games: All games are affected. I have tested Dirt3, Anno 1404, Age of Empire III.

I have forced the nvidia settings to use the HD4000 instead of the nvidia GT650M for the game play.

Also this did not solve the problem!

I use a fix setting for the pagefile with an amount of 4 giga byte.

How to reproduce:

Desktop settings: 1920x1080 @60Hz, Ingame settings 1920x1080 @40hz

The pagefile nearly grows 1 giga byte in 15 seconds!

Some seconds later you get the "Low memory warning" from microsoft.

Desktop settings: 1920x1080 @60Hz, Ingame settings 1366x768 @60hz

The pagefile grows also! Some seconds later you get the "Low memory warning" from Microsoft.

Desktop settings: 1920x1080 @60Hz, Ingame settings 1920x1080 @60hz

No problems.

Desktop settings: 1366x768 @60Hz, Ingame settings 1366x768 @60hz

No problems.

Desktop settings: 1920x1080 @60Hz, Ingame settings 1920x1080 @60hz

First no Problem, change Ingame setttings for example to 1366x768 @60hz,

then the pagefile will grow again! Some seconds later you get the "Low memory warning" from Microsoft.

If the you change in the game from full screen mode via alt tab, or alt enter, into the window mode.

The allocated memory will be freed immediately.

0 Kudos
RKreb
Beginner

I am also active in the microsoft forum with the title

"Windows 8.1 x64 - Low memory while playing full screen games". Here was placed following Message:

Begin:

i have figured out the cause.

Its DirectX 11.2 that comes with the windows 8.1

thats why it only happened to windows 8.1 user. DirectX 11.2 is exclusively Windows 8.1.

the directx 11.2 has a feature called "frame buffer scaling" which i think causes conflicts with the directx11.1 or 11.0 instructions that comes from todays games. because it seems that th WiIN 8.1 FORCE all directx 11.x application to run under 11.2 .

and the issue triggers when we try to view 3D applications in fullscreen with different resolution than the monitors native/max resolution.

so the only way to avoid that is to view fullscreen with resolution settings match your monitor max resolution. OR to play games in windowed mode.

some games can be set to "windowed" mode and then we can stretch it to fullscreen windowed by Alt+Enter. these also worked.

but not all games can be windowed and stretch fullscreen.

so you are right, this isnt Intel,AMD or NVidia issues. this is Windows 8.1 issue due to their new DirectX11.2.

but i hope AMD or NVidia could override it in their new drivers. that is to ignore Directx 11.2 and use the targeted directx used by the games instead.

because to my knowledge, there hasnt been any games that natively RUNS DirectX 11.2 to this day.

For Battlefield 4 players, if you need to increase performance by lowering resolution in Windows 8.1, the only solution to avoid the memory leak issue is as follows:

go to option, go to video tab, now set the resolution settings there to match your native/max monitor resolution.

BUT, lower the "RESOLUTION SCALE"(near the bottom of the video options) option LOWER THAN 100% .

100% means the GPU render the frame in your screen resolution size that you set in the resolution setting.

LOWER means the GPU render lower resolution and then upscaling it to your native resolution.

this has the same effect to lowering resolution, but without the MEMORY LEAK issue in windows 8.1 .

i hope this helps.

End.

0 Kudos
MHans10
Beginner

ConfusedBiney, go back to page 17 and find my post at the top. There's a link on how to set your graphics cards to performance instead of quality. I'm not sure what other graphics cards you have, but you may find it useful.

I had the exact same issue, and 3345 would not remain installed. Games would crash, and I'd get high memory usage. Setting things to performance has stopped the crashes, though I still get an occasional memory warning.

0 Kudos
BSmit27
Beginner

Alright, I just switched to performance.

0 Kudos
ETayl
Beginner

@nic,

In regards the the issue that Ray Krebs and I are reporting on I wanted to give you the latest. In the same thread that Ray Krebs quoted above it has been discovered by some people that if they revert to driver 2875 the issue is question is not present. I can neither confirm nor deny that it helps because I can not find that driver to install.

I use HD 4600 graphics. I can confirm that the issue in question does exist under the following drivers: 3345, 3316, 3277, 3262. I tried some of the 8.0 drivers that I could find as well. Drivers 3272,3257 and 3186 cause WMC to have an all white welcome screen, so they were promptly removed. I have 3107 installed right now and it exhibits the same issue as I have been describing.

So I am out of older drivers to try. But I think it is heartening that people with older HD graphics have a work around.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
RKreb
Beginner

@nic

I revert back to the older driver version 9.17.10.2884 found at acer download.

I can confirm that the bug with the growing pagefile memory is solved!

(low memory warning from Windows)

Please fix this bug also in the next new driver!

0 Kudos
BSmit27
Beginner

switching has ultimately made performance better, however, after 2 games yesterday and one game today (of league of legends), I had a BSoD with the igdkmd64.sys error.

0 Kudos
LNece
Beginner

Thank you for seeing that bug, freezes and slow loading screens for games has been the main problem of this graphics card since last year. Thank you for your support to the gamers who are using this gpu in general.

0 Kudos
RKreb
Beginner

I am very disappointed from win 8.1. Neither from microsoft nor from

intel we hear a statement to that realy existing bug. Downgrade to an old intel

driver can not be realy a solution. Indeed it fixes for me the memory leak, if a

play a game which has not the same resolution, but optimus works not proper

with the old intel driver. The games permanently stutters. So this is also no

solution. Hey, come on, fix that bug, or give at least a message that you hear it

and work for it!!!

0 Kudos
KT3
Beginner

I upgraded the BIOS but I haven't had a chance to test much as I sold the hardware soon afterwards. Thanks for your help, nic

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

@nic

Regarding VPP settings, as a matter of fact I'm asking for the opposite

To leave every VPP setting at the "Application settings" selection and not pre-configure anything.

The pre-configured settings that were "hidden" and I had to disabled them, were under "Video" settings -> "Color enhancements" IIRC or some other menu there.

But to go safe, just leave everything to "Application settings" and not "Driver Settings"

One more thing...

Did you see that 3D VC-1 file of 2880 x 1080 resolution ?

UPDATE:

Talking about 3D, I saw this page http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034162.htm Graphics — Intel� InTru� 3D Technology FAQ saying that only Core of all generations can use InTru 3D technology.

Is it true ?

Not even 4th generation Pentiums like G3420 ?

Regards,

Nikos

Message was edited by: Nikos Diamantis for InTru 3D question

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

@ nic

thank you very much for your reply.

I have to tell you that I'm shocked by the fact that OpenCL GPU v1.2 and QuickSync decoding acceleration are not officially supported by Intel, although they work perfectly for me.

Regarding DXVA VC-1 issue, I use mainly open-source decoders/ applications.

In order to see the image distortion of that specific file, just use MPC-HC or PotPlayer in DXVA mode, both have the same problem.

Regarding my last question about InTru 3D for Pentium G3420, is it the same as OpenCL and Clear Video ?

Meaning that is not officially supported but the driver is open to this technology too ?

Or is it a feature arbitarily supported by Core processors only ?

Regards,

Nikos

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

@nic

Thanks for your reply.

1) Regarding VPP functions:

You insist on specific settings, but I'm trying to tell you that in my opinion you should put everything to "OFF" and to "Application settings".

And to reverse your question, is there any option in Video settings of drivers, that Intel engineers put for a reason "ON" or to "Driver settings" ?

Some examples of Video settings to be put to "OFF" or "Application settings"

Video -> Color Enhancement - > Standard Color Correction -> Set to Application Setings

Video -> Image Enhancement -> Basic -> Sharpness -> Set to Application Setings

Video -> Image Enhancement -> Advanced -> Noise reduction -> Set to Application Setings

Video -> Image Scaling - Set to "OFF"

2) Regarding OpenCL, InTru 3D and Intel Clear Video HD for my Pentium G3420 (Haswell)

At the release notes of latest drivers v3345 http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64_2.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23405/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3345_64_2.pdf

you say "NO" to ALL THREE

Here http://ark.intel.com/products/77775/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G3420-3M-Cache-3_20-GHz ARK | Intel&# 174; Pentium&# 174; Processor G3420 (3M Cache, 3.20 GHz) in one of your most reliable info pages (in my opinion), you say "YES" to Intel Clear Video HD but you have no info for OpenCL and InTru 3D.

But you say also:

Graphics Base Frequency: 350 MHz

Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency : 1.15 GHz

And finally at the comparison page of Intel here http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processor-comparison/comparison-chart.html Compare Intel Processors

You say again "YES" to Intel Clear Video HD and for InTru 3D you have a "-", but you don't say a clear "NO", like for example previous generation Pentium G2130, which says "NO" to both Intel Clear Video HD and InTru 3D.

You write again:

Graphics Base Frequency: 350 MHz

Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency : 1.15 GHz

Your answer regarding Intel Clear Video HD is the opposite of the two pages above, because you said "NO"

Summary with my tests/ results:

My Pentium G3420 - Win 8.1 Pro x64 system - Driver v3345,

I'm 100% sure that it supports:

OpenGL 4.2

OpenCL GPU v1.2

Intel Clear Video HD (QuickSync decoding)

Graphics Base Frequency: 600 MHz

Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency : 1.10 GHz

So, I think all your pages and release notes have mistakes in at least one feature of Pentium G3420!

Finally about InTru 3D, I can't really understand why a 4th generation Haswell core processor like Pentium G3420, doesn't support it, but an older and weaker processor (In CPU, GPU and Video) like Bay Trail supports it.

Is it because Pentium G3420 is missing a HW component or it's limited by the driver (artificially) ?

If it's a driver limitation, why don't you leave it open like OpenCL, Intel Clear Video HD ?

Is it an Intel's marketing/ segmentation policy ?

Thanks,

Nikos

0 Kudos