Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

color problem when using evr

Laraine
Beginner

i5-11300H (Iris Xe Graphics)

Driver: latest 27.20.100.9316 (3/3/2021)

evr (dxva2): 

evr

d3d11: 

d3d11

the image seems a bit red when using evr, see the screenshot.

i think problem is in driver. please test the attached file.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Laraine,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Are you using a specific video application for rendering or edit videos? If so please provide the details.
  • Does this happen with all the videos or images? Is there any other color affected for example the home screen colors are also different?
  • I noticed lags on the video you sent is that part of the problem?

Provide us with the below report:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Laraine
Beginner

Thanks for your reply first. please check the attachment.

• Are you using a specific video application for rendering or edit videos? If so please provide the details.

im using directshow players, mpc-be and potplayer, and a tool GraphStudioNext

thay display same result

• Does this happen with all the videos or images? Is there any other color affected for example the home screen colors are also different?

Only happens on this video.

no any other color affected

• I noticed lags on the video you sent is that part of the problem?

yes

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Laraine,

Thank you for the information provided.

With the report, I noticed that you are using a generic driver from Intel*, version 27.20.100.9316. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

Based on the above explanation, I want to recommend you to use the manufacturer's driver, please follow the below steps to install it:

Clean installation steps:

1. Download the latest Graphics Driver from Lenovo, version: 27.20.100.8439 https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-slim-7-pro-14ihu5/82nc/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Graphics%20Processing%20Units%20%28GPU%29
  2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Driver from Apps and Features.
  4. Restart the computer. 
  5. Go to the Device Manager > Video Adapters and check if the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point, we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 
    5.1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'
    5.2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    5.3. Click on 'Uninstall'
    5.4. Restart. (Repeat steps 5.1 through 5.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') Note: Repeat this process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
  6. Install the previously downloaded Graphics Driver from Lenovo.
  7. Reconnect the Internet and reboot your PC.

After following the steps, please test the video again and let us know the outcome.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Laraine
Beginner

Hi

I tried latest Graphics Driver from Lenovo, same result. 

And i let many other people who owns intel kabylake, coffeelake, icelake, Comet Lake... test, they got same result like me.

And to help you replicate this issue, i made full records and steps, please see the .txt file in attachment.

i think i made it clear now. 😁 

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Laraine,

Thank you very much!

We will check this internally, please expect an update soon.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Laraine,

Thank you very much for your patience.

We are working on this, however, we would like to confirm if the issue occurs also in a different video clip, if so, can you please follow the replication steps with a different video and let us know the outcome and if possible provide us with a video or picture?

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Laraine
Beginner

Hi

the issue occurs in this video clip only.

and i tested on nvidia/amd gpus, they work fine

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Laraine,

Thank you very much for the information. We really appreciate your feedback and your report, since the issue is just with one video and using third-party tools, and is the first report about it, we cannot promise a fix or outcome. Our best recommendation is to keep your system and drivers up to date.

I will proceed to close this thread, If you need further assistance in a different environment or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos