Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21079 Discussions

different scaling on different resolutions possible?

ALiet
Beginner

I have a second monitor that is connected through HDMI. The monitor runs on a resolution of 1368 x 768 and uses "maintain display scaling". I use this resolution for web browsing as it makes the text sharper. I have configured my video player to use 1920 x 1080 on the same screen but I have to customize the aspect ratio or it won't fit my screen.

Now my problem is the Intel control panel keeps the scaling settings on every resolution. Is it possible to use different scaling on different resolutions?

in short: 1368 x 768 - maintain display scaling

1920 x 1080 - customize aspect ratio

Intel core i7-3610QM 2.3Ghz - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 10.18.10.3621

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Vrailink,

Let me help you.

The scaling options will appear depending on the resolution and monitor you use so if you can get a different scaling option when using one monitor than another.

I recommend you checking for the latest BIOS update provided by your Computer Manufacture and trying previous driver versions since you have the latest one right now.

0 Kudos
ALiet
Beginner

hi,

thank you for the quick response.

I think I have to reformulate my question. The scaling options are available on all resolutions, that's not the problem. The problem is that all my resolutions keep the scaling options i last used. So if I choose "maintain display scaling", all my resolutions will have "maintain display scaling". If I choose "customize aspect ratio"(with values 58 65) all my resolutions will have "customize aspect ratio" 58 65.

I tried with different profiles but I read on the forums that profiles don't save scaling options.

That's how I want it to look. As you can see, the 2 resolutions have a different scaling. I need to do this manually every time I change resolution. So my question is: can this somehow be done automatically?

I

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Vrailink,

The scaling options you get depends on the monitor you have and the resolution you select so it is something done automatically by the driver but it is not possible to have all of them available for all resolutions.

0 Kudos
ALiet
Beginner

Hi kevin_intel,

thank you for quick reply. However I'm aware that not all scaling options are available on all resolutions, but that's not the issue. I'm looking for a way to save my scaling option to a particular resolution. I have the scaling I need, so I'm not saying that I miss one. What I mean is, I want that scaling changes to "customize aspect ratio" when I'm on 1920 x 1080 and that it automatically changes to "maintain display scaling" when i revert to 1368 x 768. As seen in the screenshots: I have the scaling options, so nothing wrong with my drivers. For now I have to manually change the scaling every time. All i'm asking is: Is there a way to set (or pin) a scaling to a resolution so I don't have to manually change it every time i switch from resolution? This clearly is a software restriction.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Vrailink,

Well I regret to say that you can create and save profiles but it is not possible to save the scaling options. It will be necessary to set the scaling options manually.

Kevin M

0 Kudos