Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1826 Discussions

A750 black screen while PC POSTs. After driver installation reboot

GLKraken
Novice

PC Doesn't boot if the display output is connected to the graphics card, this started happening after rebooting for a drivers update. 
System:
7600x TUF B650M WIFI

32GB RAM 6000mhz. 
A750 ( failing ) 

Above 4G encoding and ReSize Bar is enabled

Already tried:
Disabling Integrated Graphics

Using DDU while using integrated graphics.

Reinstalling drivers while graphics card is conected.

Updating BIOS

Changing PCIe slot, at first, it worked for 1 month in the second slot, but then after trying to put it in the first slot again it didn't work again in neither the first nor second slot.

Using another graphics card ( it works). Tried with a RX 6600 and a GT 730

Clearing CMOS.

Reinstalling Windows.

Using another RAM.

Using another CPU.

Changing PSU.

Using another boot drive.
And tried disabling SVM as mentioned in this post https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Intel-Arc-A750-black-screen-after-driver-installation-reboot/td-p/1514581
but didn't help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GLKraken

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites. We know that when your system does not post it can be quite a worrisome issue.

I see that you have already completed most of the available troubleshooting steps for this type of problem so I would like to confirm some information and also provide a couple more troubleshooting that can help.

Please let us know if this problem happens on both HDMI and DP ports, test different cables if possible 2.1 HDMI and 2.0 DP, and test the different ports on the GPU.

Also, we would like to know the driver version that caused this issue and if not yer tested, update to the latest version 31.0.101.4900, and also roll back to an older version to make sure if the issue is only happening on newer driver, we have the driver version 31.0.101.4672 available on our website.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

GLKraken
Novice

Hello.

Right now I don't have access to any DP monitor, so I will be testing that in a few days. I tested both, HDMI 2.0 and 2.1, none of them worked.

This happened after updating to 31.0.101.4672 ( I hadn't update for time ). Updating to latest drivers didn't help. also tried going back ( the older version available was 31.0.101.4672)

After testing some things, enabling CSM in the BIOS made it work. 

As I said I will test the DP ports in a few days with CSM disabled.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GLKraken

Thank you for letting us know, it will be good to test DP to make sure that the issue only happens on HDMI so take your time so you can test it.

It is interesting you had to enable CSM to make the system boot, it might be due to compatibility issues, perhaps with the monitor, we would like to get your full monitor model and if possible share the following reports so we can get more details of your hardware configurations:

Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC)

Intel® System Support Utility

Once you are able to test DP let us know the results as well.

best Regards,

Hugo O

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GLKraken

I wanted to check if you had the chance to test DP with your GPU and monitor and if the issue also happened with a DP connection. If you are still interested in troubleshooting this issue, please share with us the reports we requested in our previous, we are more than willing to continue to assist you with this problem

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
GLKraken
Novice

Hello Hugo

Yes I am interested in troubleshooting, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I should have access to the monitor. It is a friend's monitor so I have to wait.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello GLKraken,

Thank you for your response. We understand that you may need some time to try the troubleshooting we recommended. Let us know once you have an update. Don't hesitate in letting us know if you need more time.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GLKraken

I wanted to check if you had the chance to test the other DP monitor with your GPU and if the same boot issue happened. Let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GLKraken

We have not received a response from you so we will be closing this thread. If you need further assistance and still experience no boot issues through DP feel free to open a new topic so we can help you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos