Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1646 Discussions

BSOD running ARC A370 latest driver

hasanakay
Beginner

I just had another crash while using Photoshop (which did not use GPU.  My system specs and the crash analysis is attached.   Summary is below. Any idea what's causing this.

SYMBOL_NAME:  igdkmdnd64+428037
MODULE_NAME: igdkmdnd64IMAGE_NAME:  igdkmdnd64.sys
IMAGE_VERSION:  31.0.101.4953
STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr 0xffffdb0c1b55a500 ; kb
BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET:  428037
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  AV_igdkmdnd64!unknown_function
OS_VERSION:  10.0.19041.1
BUILDLAB_STR:  vb_release
OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x64
OSNAME:  Windows 10
FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {f72986a3-e8f9-3600-9d7c-dd8a40f557df}
Followup:     MachineOwner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello hasanakay

We will be glad to investigate and further look into this issue once all the required troubleshooting has been completed. Using DDU is highly advisable as it would take care of possible corrupted drivers and leftover files that can actually cause problems, we understand if you do not want to use it, in that case, the next steps would be to use the driver recommended by your system manufacturer which is version 31.0.101.3959 and I would also advise reinstalling Photoshop on your system.

As for the BIOS based on the SSU file you shared, you are using version KMCN09WW which is a one-year-old version, as per Lenovo's website the latest version is KMCN19WW from 11/25/2023. Both the BIOS and the driver they recommend using on your system can be downloaded from the website we shared in our previous post:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-slim-7-pro-16iah7/downloads/driver-list

If you are experiencing issues trying to locate the files or if you want to confirm whether they are compatible with your system, please contact the system manufacturer.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
30 Replies
hasanakay
Beginner

I had another BSOD crash today.  What's strange is that Driver 5074 was installed and Arc GPU did not show up on the list.  But when it crashed Arc GPU was enabled somehow (?)  The Driver for ARC was version 4255 which I dont remember installing ?  Iris Driver is still Version 5074.  I disabled Arc Driver again and running only on Iris GPU.  When it crashed I was running Photoshop.  After disabling Arc Photoshop ran fine.   Attaching BSOD crash analysis.  I do not know how the Arc GPU got re-enabled by itself ?

0 Kudos
hasanakay
Beginner

Hello Hugo,

I had updated to latest driver version 5084 for both ARC and IrisXe.  Unfortunately I had another crash again today just a few minutes ago. Attaching Debug file output.  System Config is the same.  Just FYI I have disabled ARC again and will watch closely if it makes any difference....

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello hasanakay

Thank you for the information. The driver 5074 is a generic version so issues might come up but it is always good to test the latest version as it comes with different fixes. If the driver causes those issues to you and makes the GPU disappear from device manager, it would be better to roll back and keep using the driver provided by your system manufacturer.

We will continue to check the dump file that you shared with us and we will share with you the next steps once we have more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello hasanakay

We have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro 16IAH laptop in our lab so we are looking to test and check if the issue can be reproduced from our side, so we wanted to confirm some information

• Based on previous posts the issue was happening while using Photoshop version 25.1 is this still the version you have or have you updated to version 25.2?
  • What steps can be followed while using Photoshop that trigger this issue? And, how often does it take for a crash to occur?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello hasanakay

We would appreciate it if you could share the information we requested in our previous post so we can go ahead and try to replicate this issue. The information is important so we can test in the same conditions.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
hasanakay
Beginner

Sorry for the delay. 

* Yes I was using Photoshop 25.2.  I always run the latest version.   

* The steps to repeat the problem can be varied. But If remember correctly I was using a Neural Filter option on a file.  When I selected Smart Portrait feature, it BSOD'ed.  Currently I have the ARC GPU driver Disabled.  Running only IrisXe and had not had any failures on PS V 25.3.1 with Iris GPU enabled in the Performance options.

The dump file analysis ends Like this: 

*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (7e)
This is a very common BugCheck.  Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem.  Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff80b5a2b800c, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: ffff8a8e6da0fd48, Exception Record Address
Arg4: ffff8a8e6da0f580, Context Record Address

SYMBOL_NAME:  igdkmdnd64+40800c

MODULE_NAME: igdkmdnd64

IMAGE_NAME:  igdkmdnd64.sys

IMAGE_VERSION:  31.0.101.4255

STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr 0xffff8a8e6da0f580 ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET:  40800c

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  AV_igdkmdnd64!unknown_function

OS_VERSION:  10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR:  vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x64

OSNAME:  Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {f72986a3-e8f9-3600-9d7c-dd8a40f557df}

Followup:     MachineOwner

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello hasanakay

Thank you for sharing the information. We will try to reproduce the issue in one of our laptop systems and check if the same happens from our side. Once we have more information we will let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello hasanakay

We did a few tests using our Lenovo Yoga 7 16iAH7 and the latest version of Photoshop, however, we did not experience any type of crash at any moment. We believe that this might be a hardware issue, so please contact your system manufacturer for further support.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello hasanakay

As recommended in our previous post, please contact your system manufacture for possible hardware issues, since we were not able to reproduce this problem in our laptop of the same model as yours. Since there are no further questions we will close this topic, in case you need further assistance with any other issue, feel free to open a new thread.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
hasanakay
Beginner
Hello Hugo
I don't agree. This cannot be a hardware issue. If it was I would see the problem on the IrisXe GPU which I don't. Have you run the test exclusively on the Arc GPU ? Evet since I disabled Arc, I have not seen a single failure.
Furthermore I have the latest Bios and all the other drivers up to date.
0 Kudos