Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1669 Discussions

Lack of proper effort with ARC issues

Saabjock
Novice

Today, I had to completely remove my ARC A770 LE and replace it with an older substitute RX580 just to fix an issue I reported weeks ago to Intel.

I went from five working simracing titles down to two due to Intel firmware updates.

No attempt was even made to look at the issue.

This was one of a growing list of issues I have reported over the past few month, with no attempt at rectifying.

Two previous bad links pointing to the incorrect driver versions... A driver support agent that reports updates but then errors out without even checking (I reported that weeks ago...still broken and being reported ).... Mandatory firmware breaking games....the list goes on and on.

The common response is like a corporate card....

'Please submit an SSU report'

That is typically followed a few weeks later by a...

'We have not heard back from you, so we are closing the case. Please open a new one if you have any additional data'

That is not good enough boys.

It is annoying when I go to the hassle to troubleshoot and narrow down the issue and still no attempt is made to fix it.

I love that ARC A770 LE card but it is worth absolutely nothing to me if games that previously ran on it keep getting broken by Intel's updates.

That is what has happened here and it was caused the moment Intel started loading mandatory firmware 'updates' with the driver. 

Prior to that, all games on my PC ran fine.

Heck! ....even VR ran fine on that ARC A770 LE card.

I am realistic in my expectations.

I don't expect Intel to fix every single issue right away.

What I do expect, is a valid attempt to look at an issue IF those issue were caused as a result of a change in Intel's updating process.

Every feature of my sim titles are once again working with an old AMD card...having previously worked on my A770.

It is disappointing that I had to resort to such a radical solution.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I am sorry to hear that you have reported many issues and that you have not received a solution yet, I will be happy to help you.  

Let's focus on a specific issue since I see you are reporting different ones, I understand some of the information I will request right now has been requested in other threads, but it is really need you to provide the requested information and follow the recommendation, otherwise will be impossible find a solution to your issue:

Please answer the following questions, before proceeding with the next steps:

For the other issue, please open a thread per issue to keep all threads organized and assist you in the best way.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Saabjock
Novice
SSU was previously supplied...twice
Nothing has changed except a move to the 5084 driver.
Please look at the posting for a complete description of the issue.
Game logs are also included in the complete thread.
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

Thank you for your response and for all the information provided.

I have read the thread ARC A770-16 Crashing with Assetto Corsa CSP addon. to understand the issue that you have with Assetto Corsa. I am aware that you need a fix to this crash, since you are using the Custom Shaders Patch add-on by IIja Jusapov, we really need you to contact the Mod developer to share your findings so they can report the problem to us in our Developing Games on Intel Graphics or IGCIT GitHub Support, since the based game works properly.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Saabjock
Novice

I have copied and pasted your request to their Patreon page for response.

I had already reached out to both IIja Jusapov and Peter Boese...(the creators of Custom Shaders Patch and PURE mods) on this issue.

I have also submitted copies of the crash logs for their evaluation previously.

We worked through the issue extensively.

It is down to some type of incompatibility between the new Intel firmware and the RainFX and FakeShadowsFX components of CSP.

That incompatibility requires me to de-select those two components (within CSP) or else Assetto Corsa with the CSP mod will fail to load tracks and crash.

As stated previously, the simulation software (complete with both CSP and PURE mods) worked with all Intel drivers prior to the start of Intel firmware updates at driver installation. 

Here are examples of the simulation working with the previous drivers....

acs 2023 01 21 00 56 45 12 (youtube.com)

Intel ARC test_2023 11 15 08 44 24 (youtube.com)

2023 03 12 10 10 00 (youtube.com)

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

Thank you for your answer and for keeping me informed.

In this case, since you have already worked through the issue, and the conclusion is the incompatibility between the new Intel firmware and the RainFX and FakeShadowsFX components of CSP let the MOD developers know that they can report the problem to us in our Developing Games on Intel Graphics or IGCIT GitHub Support.

We will be more than glad to help them to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

I want to remind you to let the MOD developers know that they can report the problem to us in our Developing Games on Intel Graphics or IGCIT GitHub Support.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,   

Andres P.   

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Saabjock,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos