Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1614 Discussions

Intel arc a770 LE computer is stalling on startup

GamingBios
Beginner

Windows 10 64bit system. About 20 seconds after I sign in, my pc will stall for about 5 minutes. In this process I can interact with my browser and other applications but I cannot open new executables or even open task manager or use CTRL+ALT+DEL. During this time my cpu usage varies between 1-15%. Occasionally, the CPU usage will dive all the way up to 100% for a couple of seconds and then it will go back down but my OS still remains unresponsive. I think this may be caused by a conflict with the Intel GPU driver. I have been using the GPU for about a month but this issue has only started occuring in the last few days.

I booted into safe mode, and the issue appeared to be fixed. I have also tried scanning for malware and doing integrity checks and they all came back fine. I also tried rolling back my GPU drivers but that also didn't seem to fix it.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello GamingBios,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that your system is stalling when starting up.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Do you recall any Software/Hardware updates or changes before the issue started?
  • Have you made sure there is a heavy workload on your system?
    • Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
    • Click the CPU and Memory tabs to check whether anything is using up large chunks of your CPU or RAM (for instance, a web browser with many tabs open).
  • Are you able to try recording a video showing the error?

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
GamingBios
Beginner

I had checked task manager and confirmed multiple times over nearly two weeks that my CPU had a high load from system processes. I had reinstalled my drivers cleanly multiple times. Fortunately the latest beta driver that came out yesterday appears to have fixed my issue.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello GamingBios,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello GamingBios,

We are glad to hear that the issue seems to be solved after installing the latest BETA drivers. We will keep this thread open for a few days to see if the issue appears again. Don't hesitate, and let us know if you face the problem again.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello GamingBios,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos