Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1774 Discussions

Shader version 5.1 on ARC control, GPU-Z says Shader version for Directx11 is 6.6

Alberto8
Beginner

Shader version 5.1 on ARC control, GPU-Z says Shader version for Directx11 is 6.6

I checked with driver version 5186, 5194 and 5330. Same issue.

I am also experiencing shader problems on several Directx11 games where Shadows and SSR reflections are not shading correctly causing artifacts or lack of light/color channels sometimes.

My V-bios version is 1068 but I also tested with 1064

I also tested with ARC version 1.74.5391.1 and 1.74.5391.1 of those drivers.

I have seen this is a known issue. Has it been solved or is there something that should be done on an OS level to avoid this? Can it be the cause of some low game performance/stuttering/tearing and graphical issues?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @Alberto8 ,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

On the shader model version discrepancy this has been reported to us already and we are investigating it. You can refer to this article because once there is news about this issue it will be updated.

On the graphics corruption could you share the name of the DirectX 11 games were you see the issue? Ideally if you can create a new thread for each game issue that would be great as it can make it easier for other users to find and follow. If you can provide us with the Intel SSU report we can drill into important details about your system configuration that can help us debug further issues (per example error messages logged by the system).

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Alberto8
Beginner

The games where i see the issue are:

Asseto corsa competizione (graphics fidelity is not as it should compared to other platforms I do not know what is exactly)

rFactor2 (problems with performance and shadows, specially MSAA performance and SSR reflections)

LeMans Ultimate (HUGE problems with shadows, they do not render/shade properly, they flicker and create artifacts. Performance problems specially with MSAA or MSAA combined with FXAA, Sometimes the graphics load without Global illumination, sometimes the graphics load with an alpha channel missing, sometimes the game loads in yellow or purple, in game problems, not menu)

I will create a thread for each game too

Please find attached the SSU

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Alberto8,

Thank you for sharing this information. We will be on the lookout for the new threads that you will be posting.

For now on this thread we can focus on one game, which is the Asseto corsa competizione. You mention that the "graphics fidelity is not what it should be", however I need a clear description on what you mean by that... if needed you can provide screen shots, videos or some steps to reproduce the issue.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Alberto8,

I am just following up for more details about the graphics fidelity that you experience. Feel free to reply to this post so we can further investigate this for you.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Alberto8
Beginner

Dear Ramyer,

It got fixed once I enabled VRR in windowed and fullscreen on intel command center.

Disabled ALL overrides in Arc Control

Removed ARC control from the startup apps.

Put V-sync in game OFF 

Best regards and thank you for your help

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Alberto8,

I am happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for sharing us the details on how you were able to fix the graphics fidelity. It is indeed the best way to a growing community. For now, we will be keeping a lookout on other threads you have created. In case the issue pops up again in the future, kindly post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos