Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1810 Discussions

Status of Bug ID 14018805234

FranticGolf
Beginner
Wasn't able to respond to prior thread but still having the artifacting issue after driver updates and can replicate it easily.
0 Kudos
37 Replies
FranticGolf
Beginner

Load up Destiny 2

Go to Neptune to the area listed as Vex Incursion Zone.  Look at the sky.

Go to Europa to the area listed as Eclipsed Zone.  Look at the sky. 

Essentially you will see large flashing artifacts in the sky sometimes they can be quite frequent and bright.

Clip of the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPrOJF5BDA8

Just tried 4335 driver and still occurring.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FranticGolf

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites. I am sorry you are experiencing graphic issues on Destiny 2 with your Intel® Arc™ GPU.

This issue was not supposed to happen in our latest graphics driver, Could you please do a clean installation using Display Driver Uninstaller of the latest driver version 31.0.101.4335?

If the issue persists we will need to do more digging into this behavior and I do see you provided clear instructions and a video so we can continue trying to reproduce this issue, however, I would also like to know the following information to get as many details as possible at the time of replicating the problem:

• Does the issue strictly happen only in the areas that you mentioned?
  • What distribution service did you download the game from(EPIC, Steam)?
  • Share a screenshot of the in-game graphics settings.
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response so we can get the system and hardware configurations.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
FranticGolf
Beginner

I used DDU to do a clean install and restart then used 4335 file to reinstall.  Below are my responses.

• Does the issue strictly happen only in the areas that you mentioned?  It seems Europa>Asterion Abyss (currently eclipsed zone) but I have observed it in other areas of the game such as Neptune>Ahimsa Park and EDZ>Winding Cover (much much less severe). 
  • What distribution service did you download the game from(EPIC, Steam)? Steam
  • Share a screenshot of the in-game graphics settings. I have attached screenshots of settings below.
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response so we can get the system and hardware configurations. I have attached the System Information File.
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FranticGolf

Thank you for the information. We will check this issue further, once I ave an update for you I will le you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FranticGolf

We have done some testing in the initial area of the game since it seems the scenarios you mention are not available until playing the game for several hours. In the area we used we were not able to see the issue, see the video attached.

In this case, would you be able to share saved files(if applicable) or share your account with us so we can try getting this issue reproduced in our labs? In case you are willing to share your account do not post it on the forum instead just let us know so we can send a private email.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
FranticGolf
Beginner

Hugo,

This is the same bug as documented by a prior user in the 14018805234 bug report which was marked as solved with no ETA.  Below is the video link from the original report.  This is the exact same glitching I am seeing which starts at 1:30 and in the same area he was in.  I cannot provide you with account access as this is now a violation of Bungie Terms of Service and a bannable offense.

(54) Destiny 2 ARC A770 Graphical Issues - YouTube

0 Kudos
flgt
Novice

@FranticGolf  I tried to recreate this issue on my 13th gen system but couldn’t reproduce.  Granted the zones were different this week.  The YouTube and images you provided were very helpful.  I just mention this because the issue appears to be tied to both a driver and hardware/BIOS combination.  I’d like to try and help.   If you need to compare settings let me know.

0 Kudos
FranticGolf
Beginner
Do tell? Where do I need to look. I am using 12100f/z690m-i asrock
0 Kudos
flgt
Novice

I've attached all my settings including a clip of what I see in the area.  Two differences are I'm running it out of the Xbox app and I don't have an ultrawide monitor.  Not sure if that really matters.  System is an Intel NUC 13 Extreme.

0 Kudos
FranticGolf
Beginner

Thanks tinkered with settings and nothing changed.  I actually updated to new drivers and still receiving and actually noticed it in a PVP game last night as well.  You included a video of the Neptune area.  Can you go to Europa to the eclipsed zone for this week and check.  It is Asterion Abyss since it is the eclipsed zone now.

0 Kudos
flgt
Novice

@FranticGolf  That did it!  Had to go to an eclipsed zone with an open sky.  I tried last week in Eventide Ruins and didn't see anything.  Maybe it is the meteor effects.  But it definitely looks like a general bug.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FranticGolf

Thank you for letting us and understanding sharing your account can cause issues from the game vendor side. I will continue checking with our team and will let you know the next steps once I have more information.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FranticGolf

We are going to continue trying to get this issue reproduced, please note this might take some time since the issue only happens in specific scenarios and the same need to be played for a few hours to get there, once I have an update for you I will post back.

Also, Could you please confirm if any of the configuration settings advised by @flgt helped with this issue?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
FranticGolf
Beginner

No changes still occurring and observed in pvp match last night.  I am going to be moving the card to a new build next week and see if different cpu/mobo will make any difference as well.

0 Kudos
flgt
Novice

I wouldn't bother with the cpu/mobo switch.  Looks like a genearal bug that's just hard to trigger.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello FranticGolf,

We still working on the investigation and the issue reproduction, as soon we have further details we will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Natsukirei
Beginner

can i confirm that you have received the information ive provided?

0 Kudos
Natsukirei
Beginner

I posted a detailed post about this last night but it was reported as spam probably due to attaching screenshots to the post, i submitted an abuse report to have it unspammed and i pointed out multiple videos, posts, discords posts about this issue occurring for many users and it has been acknowledged and assigned an issue ID in previous threads

ive attached some screenshots of it happening in the latest salvage mission in season of the deep and it happens ALOT on Neomuna, it seems to be when certain enemy particle effects are active.

it was reported and acknowledged back in 03-04-2023 and even earlier with youtube videos, this needs be to a higher priority, this post explains the issue in great detail but as you can see here, so many people have this issue

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Destiny-2-Lightfall-artifacts-waypoint-and-icon-corruption/td-p/1461764

Places i have seen this occur recently

Salvage Mission in Season of the Deep on the Helm

Neomuna especially during the Terminal Overload Event which can be joined via the map

During Neomuna Missions

During the current Nightfall Dungeon which ends in 21 hours, at the main boss ( if intel has time you can definitely see it their after a few runs of nightfall )

During PVP based in new maps

I have tested so many games, Red dead online, GTA V, Hogwarts Legacy, games that require much heavier resources than destiny 2 and even MSI Kombuster and no graphical artifacts occur at all, the performance is fantastic and my A770 is brand new so its not a card issue, its a driver issue

My biggest issue with this bug/issue is that it can produce bright white colored artifacts which can cause serious health issues, seizures, and other problems in people which is a serious health risk and this should be addressed with much higher priority and care from intel.

I have attached screenshots that i could capture in the moment of the bright white light artifacts

0 Kudos
Natsukirei
Beginner

this just occurred for me in the deep dive dungeon in season of the deep in the first section

0 Kudos
Natsukirei
Beginner

Heres a screenshot of season of the deep corrupted icons, you can see the middle icon for the shotgun is corrupted

I'd like to add my system specs, also this has been happening for a multitude of users with the A770 on different systems, i don't believe this is tied to a mobo/bios combo or hardware related, do a little research online and you can find so many reports of this issue, my copy runs through steam, which the platform should make 0 difference.

Latest Bios
ASUS B660 TUF Gaming Plus-D4

32GB Hyper FuryX 3000Mhz DDR4 set to 3000Mhz

Intel i5-12400F - default config

AsRock Intel Arc A770 Phantom Gaming

Bios - default besides REBAR on

0 Kudos