Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1769 Discussions

Unexpected Graphics Glitch in Halo MCC

L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

First, I want to say thank you for the 4953 WHQL drivers which dramatically improved performance of MCC for the Microsoft Store. Before installing the new drivers, I did a complete DDU of all GPU drivers. After installing the new drivers, I logged into MCC to play the Reach campaign and came across a graphics glitch in the form of flickering textures. So far, this has only occurred in the first mission of the Reach campaign. I have played the Halo 4 campaign's first mission and have not come across the issues. I will continue to investigate by playing each campaign by completing the first mission of each campaign. I'll create an update reply with my results later today.

For now, I have attached a video to this post to show what I mean. I have also attached an SSU of my current system to assist.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,

We are stepping into your thread to inform you that we are still looking into the Halo Reach issue internally. Rest assured that we are researching the problem. 

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,

Thank you for the information provided. We would be more than glad to assist you with the flickering textures problem you have reported.

Before we proceed to look into this issue internally, we would like to ask for the following information:

• Share with us a screenshot of the game graphics settings you are currently using. This would help us to replicate your issue more efficiently.
  • We understand that you have an Intel® Arc™ A770, but we would like to check more details about your card. Is it a Limited Edition card, or is it a graphics card from any of the other manufacturers: Acer, AsRock, Sparkle?

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hello Jean

• Attached to this body you will find four images. Three of them showcasing my video settings; please note these settings have been applied across ALL of MCC.
  • I am using an ASRock Phantom Gaming Arc A770 graphics card. The fourth image included in this body is that of my graphics card for confirmation purposes.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,

We appreciate the information you provided. We would like to proceed to look into this matter internally; allow us some time to research this issue. We will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,

Thank you for your time. We are jumping into your thread to recommend you install the new driver 31.0.101.4972, which was released recently. Install the driver after you run the DDU to eliminate all driver leftovers from the previous installation, and test the game. Let us know the outcome after playing the game with the new driver.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Jean,

The new drivers have greatly reduced the glitches. Even though they persist, it's not as horrendous as before. They still occur while playing the game normally. While the new drivers do not completely eradicate the issue, they make the Reach campaign so much more bearable. Here's to hoping future updates will eradicate the issue altogether.

I can also confirm that only Reach suffers and not the other campaigns. I had been meaning to inform you and your team about that, but it kept slipping my mind. Other than that, that's all I can say.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,

We understand that the experience is better, but the issue remains. We will resume our research on this matter, and we will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Thank you for your efforts in testing the other games included in the Master Chief Collection to confirm that it is only present in the Reach campain.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,

We are stepping into your thread to inform you that we are still looking into the Halo Reach issue internally. Rest assured that we are researching the problem. 

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
L0G1C-B0M8
New Contributor II

Hey Jean,

I just downloaded the 5074 drivers and took the Reach campaign for another spin. The issues have been fixed for good. Once again, thank you and your teams for all the work you do.

Please feel free to close this ticket.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello L0G1C-B0M8,

We have just completed testing the game with the latest driver and confirmed that the issue is not solved. However, we would like to thank you for your efforts in actively testing the new drives and confirming that the issue is now fixed. Since the problem is now solved, and you requested it, we will proceed to close this thread. Intel will no longer monitor this thread; if you need further assistance, you should submit a new question.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos